Orwellian: Leftist Bill Gates Goes After Parler for Allowing Free Speech.

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Orwellian: Leftist Bill Gates Goes After Parler for Allowing Free Speech.

Postby Hannover » 5 days 1 hour ago (Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:03 pm)

You know Revisionist research is irrefutable when:

1. True Believers can't refute it.

2. Free speech about the 'holocaust' is banned / criticized, and those that engage in free speech about it are arrested, attacked, & persecuted.

After revealing censorship by Facebook, Twitter, and other 'social media' sites, Parler is having none of it.

And note Gates' endorsement of making free speech a "strict liability":
“I think we are sort of finding our way, which will be either leave it alone all the time or strict liability, which you know if you got strict liability, it’s not clear that they can even stay in business,” Gates said at DealBook. (Strict liability is a legal construct that holds a party responsible for injuries caused by its actions or products, without the need for negligence or fault.)

Read on, give us your thoughts on this article which even attempts to belittle Parler.

- Hannover

Only lies require censorship.

- see original for various links
Bill Gates says social media platform Parler’s content has some ‘crazy stuff’
Published Wed, Nov 18 2020
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/18/bill-ga ... arler.html

Post-election, many conservatives, and some extremists, have been heading to Parler, a conservative social media app funded by Republican megadonor Rebekah Mercer, which bills itself as a free speech Twitter-spin off.

But billionaire Bill Gates isn’t a fan of the platform, calling some of its content “crazy stuff.”

If somebody goes to Parler, they are saying, “I like crazy stuff,” Gates said Tuesday at The New York Times DealBook Summit. “If you want Holocaust denial, hey, Parler is going to be great for you,” Gates said.

(In October, Facebook announced a ban on content denying or distorting the Holocaust, classifying it as hate speech. Parler, however, does not police any content on its platform, so popular but controversial topics that appear on the site include voter fraud, Holocaust denial and anti-Semitic remarks, according to the Anti-Defamation League.)

Parler, which was founded by Mercer, John Matze and Jared Thomson in 2018, was the most downloaded app for both Android and iPhone users during the week of Nov. 9 to Nov. 15, according to SensorTower, a marketing intelligence company that tracks app downloads. For the week starting on Nov. 16, Parler has so far fallen to No. 2 among Android users and No. 11 among iPhone users.

The app has attracted the likes Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo, Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and celebrities Kristie Alley and Scott Baio. On Nov. 12, Wired reported that Parler grew from 4.5 million users to more than 8 million, compared to Twitter’s 330 million users and Facebook’s more than 2 billion.

Many high-profile conservatives have been urging their followers to join Parler after Twitter and Facebook have been adding alerts to posts that spread misinformation, including to posts shared by President Donald Trump about election and voter fraud.

Gates, who has been targeted by online anti-vaxxer conspiracy theorists (who believe Gates is trying to microchip humans through coronavirus vaccines, an accusation to which there is no truth), said there needs to be regulation to manage misinformation on social media platforms.

“Facebook services are the primary way people access news and they get drawn in to more and more extreme stories, including some of these anti-vaccines or conspiracy things,” Gates said at DealBook.

“So that person who hasn’t started out saying, ‘I want crazy stuff,’ they get drawn down and see things that are very titillating and that is where it is almost a human weakness,” Gates said.

Asking social media platforms to “be the arbiter of all these things is pretty tough,” Gates said. But over the last few months, particularly around medical information, Gates said social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter have been doing a better job at screening posts and adding labels to misinformation.

“I think we are sort of finding our way, which will be either leave it alone all the time or strict liability, which you know if you got strict liability, it’s not clear that they can even stay in business,” Gates said at DealBook. (Strict liability is a legal construct that holds a party responsible for injuries caused by its actions or products, without the need for negligence or fault.)

A spokesperson for Twitter tells CNBC Make It that its users are the ones who requested “more context around high profile content that has the potential to cause offline harm, particularly around elections.”
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

stinky
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Orwellian: Leftist Bill Gates Goes After Parler for Allowing Free Speech.

Postby stinky » 5 days 28 minutes ago (Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:38 pm)

Hannover wrote:
Bill Gates says social media platform Parler’s content has some ‘crazy stuff’
Published Wed, Nov 18 2020
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/18/bill-ga ... arler.html

Gates, who has been targeted by online anti-vaxxer conspiracy theorists (who believe Gates is trying to microchip humans through coronavirus vaccines, an accusation to which there is no truth), said there needs to be regulation to manage misinformation on social media platforms.

1. Who the f*ck appointed Bill Gates the authority on anything?
That smug c*nt should keep his mouth shut.
2. Note how the article creates a strawman re microchips.
Bill Gates is not trying to microchip humans, but he is funding research into 'an invisible quantum-dot tattoo' as a marker/proof of vaccination(s)
https://www.sciencealert.com/an-invisib ... nated-kids

Of course Gates wants to shut down free speech, so that he & his mates can enjoy free reign to sprout whatever BS they fancy, without any fear of counter argument/challenge.
Non kosher approved opinions, even on the outer fringes of the internet, will not be permitted.

Hannover

Only lies require censorship.
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 4 days 10 hours ago (Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:51 am)

I registered on Parler and found it refreshing that I could find and read different opinions about the US election. Those opinions which the MSM were deliberately concealing or not reporting so as to disrupt the fair process.

But I have to say that while I totally appreciate and support Parler the site seems clunky and slow and difficult to refresh on a home PC at least. I never use mobile apps and hardly every use my mobile unless I am out and about and need a quick google check or map etc.

I must say though that Parler and its contributors can be very funny and amusing. Some of the memes on there are completely side splitting.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 4 days 7 hours ago (Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:09 am)

Bill Gates walks around with a poop jar. A literal jar of feces. Why does anyone take this guy seriously?
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
— Herbert Spencer

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 3 days 10 hours ago (Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:21 am)

This certainly applies to those like Bill Gates and The Usual Enemies of Free Speech:
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.”

- George Orwell
- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Parler has been hacked?

Postby Lamprecht » 22 hours 31 minutes ago (Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:36 pm)

https://twitter.com/kevinabosch/status/ ... 0318843911

This is the WordPress config file with database information: http://archive.fo/Mll5H

This WordPress config file appears to be for a landing page/promotional or marketing page, I don't think Parler would use this software for their main site.

However, Parler apparently is also censoring the #WriteInTrumpForGA hashtag:

https://twitter.com/OpenSecretsDC/statu ... 4871192578

This is all new information so it's a bit premature to say what exactly happened. We should hopefully be getting more information on what exactly this means in the upcoming days.
Note that there are other threads on Parler:

CODOH Should Try Parler
viewtopic.php?t=13416

Parler, Censorship, and Katie Hopkins
viewtopic.php?t=13316
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
— Herbert Spencer

Breker
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Breker » 22 hours 8 minutes ago (Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:59 pm)

"Parler censorship" claims may well be false from those who want to discredit Parler.
B.
Revisionists are just the messengers, the impossibility of the "Holocaust" narrative is the message.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 40 minutes 35 seconds ago (Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:26 pm)

Bill Gates (Microsoft) forbade holocaust denial many years earlier than other tech companies, going back to the 90's. I remember in the mid-late 90's when Microsoft had some free web page hosting, noticing in the 'Terms of Use' a clause that, without mentioning the holocaust itself, had some legal wording that basically said holocaust denial was not allowed.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”