USA Deporting 94-year-old Friedrich Karl Berger to Germany for working at Neuengamme as a teen

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

USA Deporting 94-year-old Friedrich Karl Berger to Germany for working at Neuengamme as a teen

Postby Lamprecht » 6 days 18 hours ago (Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:51 pm)

The US government is now deporting a 94-year-old man to Germany to be subjected to a show trial for alleged war crimes. He was conscripted at age 19 to work as a guard at the Neuengamme concentration camp network. He supposedly helped coordinate a "death march" where supposedly 70+ inmates died. When will this nonsense end? He was conscripted and simply following orders; not to mention that this all happened 75 years ago.

Nazi concentration camp guard to be deported from America to Germany

21 Nov, 2020

A 94-year-old former Nazi concentration camp guard who lived undiscovered in the US for decades is to be deported to Germany, where he could face prosecution, after his appeal against a deportation order was rejected this week.

Friedrich Karl Berger succeeded in covering up his role as a concentration camp guard for more than 70 years and still receives a pension for his wartime service in the German navy.

His past finally caught up with him when an SS index card of his service record was found among documents rescued from a German ship sunk by the RAF in 1945.

The card revealed he had served as a guard at one of the Neuengamme network of concentration camps in northern Germany, where more than 40,000 prisoners including Jews, Poles and Russian POWs were worked to death as slave labourers.

“After 75 years, this is ridiculous. I cannot believe it,” Berger told The Washington Post when the original deportation order was handed down in February. “You’re forcing me out of my home.”

At his deportation hearing he admitted serving as a guard at the camp but maintained he had no choice, was only there a short time and did not carry a weapon.

“I was 19 years old. I was ordered to go there,” he told his deportation hearing in the US.

But the hearing was told that he had helped force camp inmates on a brutal two-week march in 1945 during which at least 70 died.
http://archive.fo/aBuXP | http://web.archive.org/web/202011211345 ... EILJZSPAY/
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
— Herbert Spencer

Goethe
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: USA Deporting 94-year-old Friedrich Karl Berger to Germany for working at Neuengamme as a teen

Postby Goethe » 6 days 14 hours ago (Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:41 am)

The card revealed he had served as a guard at one of the Neuengamme network of concentration camps in northern Germany, where more than 40,000 prisoners including Jews, Poles and Russian POWs were worked to death as slave labourers.

But the hearing was told that he had helped force camp inmates on a brutal two-week march in 1945 during which at least 70 died.
Ridiculous. There is no proof of either of those claims.
Given the fact that he will not be able to defend himself without additional charges makes it all the more dishonest & immoral.
"The coward threatens when he is safe".
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”