Dr. Michael Shermer, Professional Skeptic...almost

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
holographic
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Dr. Michael Shermer, Professional Skeptic...almost

Postby holographic » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:27 pm)

I thought would share this recent e-mail exchange between Dr. Shermer and myself, it's priceless!!

My message to Dr. Shermer:
Good morning Dr. Shermer. A family member of mine has expressed an interest in being cremated as part of their funeral. A local funeral director has informed me that he can complete the cremation in approx. 10 seconds. Doesn't his claim violate the laws of physics and thermodynamics? Any input you could give me would be most appreciated.

Dr. Shermer's response:
"10 seconds is absurd! He must have mispoken and meant 10 minutes. But I'm not sure what the actual time should be."

Now remember, Dr. Shermer is a believer in the Holocau$t. He did have the decency to at least have a civil debate on the matter with Mark Weber.

He's "not sure" what the actual time should be!?!

Why it's 8.33 per minute, 500 per hour, 12,000 per 24 hrs. It's easy doctor!

Debate? not yet, but I'm gonna whallop him soon.
Remember, Shermer has a BA, MA, and PhD, which means he's skeptical about things most of us have never even heard about.

JackBQuick

Postby JackBQuick » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:37 pm)

Good stuff, keep it up holographic! :D

-JBQ
The Holocaust belief was doomed from the beginning; it rests on a rotten foundation.

gasto
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby gasto » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:05 pm)

that was hilarious 8)
If Human Soap rumour was fake, why can´t all the other absurd claims be too??

holographic
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby holographic » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:56 pm)

It's all true my friends! Dr. Shermer took less than 3 hrs. to respond. You can access his e-mail at his site.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:03 pm)

True Believer and charlatan profiteer, Michael Shermer has been spanked so many times by Revisionists that he must have difficulty in sitting.

Just a few examples ...

A Revisionist response to Shermerian Exterminationism:
http://vho.org/GB/c/PG/111200.html

Anti-Revisionist Michael Shermer and his book debunked:
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=330

A. Baron tells us about Michael Shermer the anti-revisonist:
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=739

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Sailor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Sailor » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:27 am)

Dr. Shermer answered to holographic's above post:

Holocaust Denier Tactics

My definition of a skeptic is someone who habitually doubts accepted beliefs. And I assume that Dr. Shermer as the editor of the "Skeptic Magazine" considers himself a skeptic also.

Now I am very skeptical of the existence of the alleged homicidal "gas chambers" in Auschwitz/Birkenau, basically because of the non-existence of material and documentary evidence of the homicidal gassings, the non-existence of the alleged Zyklon B insertion holes in the ceiling of the morgues as witnessed, the lack of the HCN iron blue staining of the walls of morgue 1 and the limited capacity of the crematoria.

To me it takes 1½ hour to fully cremate one body, and this was true then as it is today. After 1 hour a new body could be inserted into the cremation muffle. This is in line with the testimony of Engineer Kurt Prüfer who designed and built the cremation ovens in Auschwitz/Birkenau, this is also in line with the capacities of crematoria then and now.

I am aware of a letter by the SS stating a cremation capacity four times as high. There are questions about this letter. And anyway, if an SS-man made such a statement, this does not mean that it is necessarily correct.

So I should be called a homicidal gas chamber skeptic. Instead Dr. Shermer would label me a Holocaust denier.

Why is that?

fge

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:57 am)

Shermer says:
The photograph shows the SS guards burning masses of bodies ....

Now read here as this 'photo' is utterly demolished:
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=1103

The more guys like Shermer say about the 'holocau$t' as alleged, the better it is for Revisionist truth. True Believer arguments cannot stand the light of day.

- Hannover

HarvestOfSorrow

Postby HarvestOfSorrow » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:18 pm)

this shermer is jewish so what did you expect. of course he will defend the story.

Trojan
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Dr. Michael Shermer, Professional Skeptic...almost

Postby Trojan » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:29 am)

holographic wrote:I thought would share this recent e-mail exchange between Dr. Shermer and myself, it's priceless!!

My message to Dr. Shermer:
Good morning Dr. Shermer. A family member of mine has expressed an interest in being cremated as part of their funeral. A local funeral director has informed me that he can complete the cremation in approx. 10 seconds. Doesn't his claim violate the laws of physics and thermodynamics? Any input you could give me would be most appreciated.

Dr. Shermer's response:
"10 seconds is absurd! He must have mispoken and meant 10 minutes. But I'm not sure what the actual time should be."

Now remember, Dr. Shermer is a believer in the Holocau$t. He did have the decency to at least have a civil debate on the matter with Mark Weber.

He's "not sure" what the actual time should be!?!

Why it's 8.33 per minute, 500 per hour, 12,000 per 24 hrs. It's easy doctor!

Debate? not yet, but I'm gonna whallop him soon.
Remember, Shermer has a BA, MA, and PhD, which means he's skeptical about things most of us have never even heard about.

How can you take one inoculate e-mail exchange and declare victory? You never identify yourself of the proposition you wish to explore. Or are you claiming the crematoriums in a modern funeral home compare with the crematoriums used at Auschwitz?

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:12 pm)

Trojan appears to believe that humans can be cremated in 4-10 minutes like the standard storyline states (Shermer agrees with that too). And no doubt Trojan accepts that this can all be done with 2.5 kg of coke as the storyline also states.

Fact:
It's utterly impossible today, and was then.

Moving on:

Here's a astute observation by Tom Moran:
In both of Shermers books, the one reviewed by Mattagno and his preceeding 'Why People Believe Weird Things' he presents a photo of Crema IV with the only basic difference being he corrected the identification of Crema V in the first book to Crema IV in the second.

The photo is a isolated view of Crema IV taken from the Allied aerial recon shot of May 31, 1944 and is captioned as "Prisoners on their way to gas chambers" with a highlighted box around the images he refers to.

As it turns out it so happens that the exact same images can be seen in the Allied photo of June 26, 1944 which would mean that either the highlighted boxed in features identified as prisoners would have been standing in the exact same place for almost a month or they are what they appear to be in association with proximate images - trees.

At best it would be 'Trees on their way to gas chambers'.

Clearly Shermer is a fraud and is a classic example of the liars in the 'holocau$t' Industry.

- Hannover

Trojan
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Trojan » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:02 pm)

Hannover wrote:Trojan appears to believe that humans can be cremated in 4-10 minutes like the standard storyline states (Shermer agrees with that too). And no doubt Trojan accepts that this can all be done with 2.5 kg of coke as the storyline also states.

- Hannover

Hannover,

Why do you insist in putting words in my mouth. I made no such
claim(s), I merely ask a pointed question.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:09 pm)

You clearly support the standard story, and I merely stated examples of what the standard story says. I assume you are aware of what the storyline is.

Let's get back to Shermer. What does he say that you can support with evidence? Specifics please.

- Hannover

holographic
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby holographic » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:02 pm)

Thanks Hannover for your responses to Trojan. My dear Trojan, a "victory"?, I claim no victory. My point is that someone holding the distinguished titles of BA, MA, and PhD should be thoroughly versed in crematoria, at least when this PhD seeks to debate the Holocaust! I'm a bit of trickster, I used this innocous email exchange to solicit Mr. Shermers knowledge of cremation. He's "not sure...". I'm waiting for Shermer to do a live phone in talk radio show, and hopefully go "live" with him, toe to toe. We'll see how long THAT call lasts!!! Without knowing current crematoria operating procedures, and accepting the "orthodox" view the holocaust puts Shermer in an awkward position. If I do not bring some levity to this issue, I'll....I'll....I'll get back to you on that!

Temporary on hold

Postby Temporary on hold » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:40 pm)

I think it was Mattogno who estimated the absolute shortest time a cremation could be done in was a little more than 20 minutes at Birkenau. And this would only occur when the ovens were at ideal temperature. He discussed how the average cremation rate would be much longer than that because the ovens were often below ideal temperature along with other technical factors connected to numbers of bodies able to be cremated simultaneously and heat convection designs of the Topf ovens.

You can't burn more people than you have fuel for, and the camp coke supply records were very accurate...

Sailor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Sailor » 1 decade 4 years ago (Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:13 am)

Dubhghall wrote:I think it was Mattogno who estimated the absolute shortest time a cremation could be done in was a little more than 20 minutes at Birkenau. And this would only occur when the ovens were at ideal temperature. He discussed how the average cremation rate would be much longer than that because the ovens were often below ideal temperature along with other technical factors connected to numbers of bodies able to be cremated simultaneously and heat convection designs of the Topf ovens.

You can't burn more people than you have fuel for, and the camp coke supply records were very accurate...

I was once working for a foundery. Standing on top of the smelter oven and looking through an opening into the inferno of molten iron, one could imagine that if a corpse would be thrown in that it would take only seconds to competely incinerate the body.

fge

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”