Dr. Michael Shermer, Professional Skeptic...almost

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Percy

Postby Percy » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:02 pm)

hello hannover,
i would add to your links also this one:

http://www.geniebusters.org/915/04g_jumping.html

:)

Karl S

Postby Karl S » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:01 am)

It's time to move this topic up so the readers can see what revisionists are up against.

Michael Shermer's article in full:

Holocaust Denier Tactics
Michael Shermer

Do you know why no one takes the Holocaust deniers seriously? Here is an example.

Last week a stranger e-mailed me a brief question, which I took to be an innocent one and to which I tried to provide a short but polite answer. He asked:

“Good morning Dr. Shermer. A family member of mine has expressed an interest in being cremated as part of their funeral. A local funeral director has informed me that he can complete the cremation in approx. 10 seconds. Doesn't his claim violate the laws of physics and thermodynamics? Any input you could give me would be most appreciated.”

I responded:

“10 seconds is absurd! He must have misspoken and meant 10 minutes. But I'm not sure what the actual time should be.”

Well, it turns out that this fellow is a Holocaust denier, going by the moniker “holographic,” who posted this little exchange on something called “The Revisionist Forum,” on Tue Oct 26, 2004. "Post subject: Dr. Michael Shermer, Professional Skeptic...almost." He bagan by saying: “I thought would share this recent e-mail exchange between Dr. Shermer and myself, it's priceless!!”

This individual thought he had really scored and had gotten me to admit that the Holocaust was a hoax because here I have apparently revealed my ignorance of the time it takes to burn a body. In other words, the deniers imply, if you can’t burn a body in 10 seconds, that means that they could not have burned thousands of bodies a day at Auschwitz and other death camps. If they could not have burned that many bodies, then the six million figure is greatly exaggerated. If the six million figure is not true, then the Holocaust itself never happened. That’s denier "logic".

Here is the rest of his interpretation of our “exchange” (note the symbol in the word Holocaust):

“Now remember, Dr. Shermer is a believer in the Holocau$t. He did have the decency to at least have a civil debate on the matter with Mark Weber.

He's "not sure" what the actual time should be!?!

Why it's 8.33 per minute, 500 per hour, 12,000 per 24 hrs. It's easy doctor!

Debate? not yet, but I'm gonna whallop him soon.

Remember, Shermer has a BA, MA, and PhD, which means he's skeptical about things most of us have never even heard about.”

I wrote a book on these pinheads entitled Denying History: Who Says the Holocaust Never Happened and Why Do They Say it? (University of California Press available at www.skeptic.com ). I have an entire chapter on their tactics, so in a way I am delighted to see that they have not changed, since they continue to support my thesis.

For example, David Irving, at his British libel trial against Deborah Lipstadt and Penguin Publishing (he was suing them for, among other things, calling him a Holocaust denier), claimed that there are no holes in the roof of Krema II at Auschwitz-Birkenau (a standard claim he got from the literature published by, uh, well, the Holocaust deniers!), leading his fans to wear t-shirts proclaiming, “No Holes, No Holocaust.”

Well, I went to Auschwitz-Birkenau to check it out myself. In point of fact, in January of 1945 the Nazis running the camp dynamited all four Kremas at the camp, leaving mostly concrete rubble. Still, you can make out where the undressing rooms were, the gas chambers, the crematoria retorts, etc. And parts of the concrete ceiling are still extant.

The photograph shows the SS guards burning masses of bodies on the ground outside of the crematoria. The reason they had to do this is because the crematoria were not built to be run at such a high rate, and they consequently broke down, forcing the guards to burn the bodies in mass piles outside.

For these and dozens of other photographs, including aerial photographs I obtained from U.S. military archives of Auschwitz and had analyzed by aerial photograph experts at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, check out Denying History. I am very proud of the book because it is such a meticulous and thorough debunking of the deniers, and serves as an example of how one can treat history as a science.

I present for you here two photographs that at Krema II at Auschwitz-Birkenau, one of the general area showing how run-down and destroyed it is, another close-up of what might have been a hole in the ceiling (the holes are where the SS guards poured the Zyklon-B gas pellets into the subterranean gas chamber).

I also present from my book a very disturbing photograph taken by a Greek Jew named Alex with a smuggled camera, looking out of the door jam of the door leading into Krema V (Krema I, by the way, is at Auschwitz I, a different camp from Auschwitz II, AKA Auschwitz-Birkenau).

I partially blame the rise of the Holocaust denier movement on the postmodern, deconstructionist view of history that there is no way to know what “really happened” in the past, therefore everyone’s opinions and feelings about the past are equal.

Yeah, right. And the Holocaust never happened…
------------------------------------------

Link to Denying History:
www.skeptic.com/b77pb.html

Link to the described denier posting:
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=1474

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:05 am)

Notice that clueless Shermer changed the subject away from his laughable and impossible:
"10 seconds is absurd! He must have misspoken and meant 10 minutes".

"meant 10 minutes"!??

It is Shermer who is absurd, see previous points in this thread about cremation times, which even today require 1-1.5 hr. Also search 'cremation rates' at this forum.

See the thorough debunking of the 'secret cremation photo' we have done earlier in this thread.

Then Shermer shows us a 'hole' in a crematorium. Problem is that that 'hole' is not where the official storyline claims the alleged Zyklon-B insertion openings/holes were, and have none of the required characteristics of such an alleged opening, and as a typical 'holocau$t' profiteer / liar, Shermer does not show all the steel rebar (only partially visible at bottom of photo) that crosses through that hole and has been forced open in a desperate attempt to manufacture a Zyklon-B 'hole'. That is ever so typical of the 'holocau$t' Industry's sleazy methods that Shermer has embraced.

see:
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=1737
Here it is, the underside of Krema II (an alleged gas chamber roof), but no holes as alleged = no Auschwitz gassings:

then:
Further confirmation via this German ground photo below, early 1943; the so called 'little chimneys/holes/vents/insertion columns', are not protruding upward as is alleged in the wacky story.

According to Auschwitz "expert" Robert Jan Van Pelt (who appeared at the Irving/Lipstadt trial), the insertion columns, which were said to protrude out from the roof, were added as an adaptation in August, 1942.

Hoisted by their own petard, no holes.

Even when dishonest Sherman attempts to change the subject he gets hammered. That's how strong Revisionist research is.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Bergmann
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Bergmann » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:25 pm)

Cremation duration
The cremation of a human body takes about one hour according to the testimony of engineer Prüfer before the Soviet SMERSH. This cremation time is also in line with modern computer controlled cremation ovens. I simply cannot believe that those manually controlled crude ovens at that time, without heat recuperators could be more efficient than todays ovens.

The Holes.
Of course any old hole in the morgue ceiling would serve the purpose. Even if only 6 inches in diameter and of crude construction. But this is not in accordance with van Pelt or Keren/Mazal/McCarthy in their new holes report.

According to van Pelt "The Case for Auschwitz", page 370:

“The Zyklon B insertion holes in the ceiling of Krema II Morgue 1 are shown on the Huta construction drawing "Reinforcement for the ceiling over morgue 1." drawn on October 22, 1942, with the number 7015/IV-109/6.”

Huta is the construction firm which built Kremas II & III.

However this drawing did not survive, it is lost, according to van Pelt.

In this case the holes would be of rectangular shape and with smooth edges. But there are no such holes.

Open Air Cremation
Edited by Webmaster. Use the tag to show image.
There are some questions about the authenticity of this picture and some people believe that it is fake.
Be it as it may, there were epidemics before the completion of the construction of the Birkenau crematoria and the corpses were cremated on open air pyres as far as I know. So what does the picture prove?

And if open air cremations were so efficient, why bother building four new crematoria for a lot of money?

Yeah, right. And the Holocaust never happened…
If Holocaust stands for six million Jews systematically killed mostly in gas chambers, then without proof of the existence of these gas chambers the Jewish Holocaust is a myth in my opinion.

If on the other hand Holocaust means the deportation of millions of Jews into work camps and ghettos in eastern territories, where many or possibly most perished, then that Holocaust of course would be possible.

Bergmann
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Bergmann » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:36 pm)

Here is Mattogno's two part response to Shermer's book (in German):

“Leugnung der Geschichte”? – Leugnung der Beweise!, Teil 1
Keine “Beweiskonvergenz” im Holocaust · Antwort an M. Shermer und A. Grobman
(“Denial of History”? – Denial of the proofs!, Part 1. There is no “convergence of proof” in the Holocaust. Answer to M. Shermer and A. Grobman.

by Carlo Mattogno

http://vho.org/VffG/2004/2/Mattogno134-150.html

I feel almost sorry for Shermer to have put himself into a position to defend the existence of WWII propaganda homicidal gas chambers.
It is incredible.

Malle
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Malle » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:33 pm)

One cannot be anything than impressed when one look on the Curriculum Vitae for Michael Brant Shermer. Under ‘Education Books’ we have:

3. Mathemagics: How to Look Like a Genius Without Really Trying. (Co-authored with Arthur Benjamin.) 1993. Chicago: Contemporary Books/Lowell House. New York: McGraw Hill.

2. Teach Your Child Math: Making Math Fun for the Both of You. (Co-authored with Arthur Benjamin.) 1991. Chicago: Contemporary Books/Lowell House. New York: McGraw Hill.

1. Teach Your Child Science: Making Science Fun for the Both of You. 1989. Chicago: Contemporary Books/Lowell House.

I myself have this mathematical problem that I have struggled with several years. Maybe we can apply some ‘mathemagics’ to solve it. I’m very sorry Mr. Shermer, I haven’t read your book. Anyway, maybe you can tell me how to solve this:

- In Sachenhausen it's said they killed 840,000 Russian prisoners and they where cremated in 4 portable furnaces. (Ref: IMT VII page 586)
840,000 bodies x 1,5 hours = 1,260,000 hours / 24 hours = 52,200 days / 365 days = 143,8 years / 4 furnaces = 35,95 years if the Germans used it 24 hours per day.

To my knowledge WWII lasted not fully six years. How can we get this math together? Please, please Mr. Shermer, can you show us some of your 'mathemagics'?
I must be a mushroom - because everyone keeps me in the dark and feeds me with lots of bullshit.

lazamtlob

Postby lazamtlob » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:17 am)

In this memo from Topf September 8, 1942 we learn that the capacity of cremating corpses
will be 2650 per day (or 80 000 per month) Brigadeführer Kammler (misspelled in the memo as Kämmer) is not pleased w/ this.
Prüfer notes: "Mr. K said that this number of muffles is not yet sufficient; we should deliver more ovens as quickly as possible."

Herr Obersturmführer Krone calls to say that he was
summoned to meet with Brigadeführer Kämmer and
to report on his inspection of the crematorium in Auschwitz,
whence he had returned yesterday. He could make nothing
of the facilities at Auschwitz and wanted therefore to inform
himself on how many muffles are in operation there at this
time and how many ovens with muffles we are building there
and are still to be delivered.

I told him that at this time 3 double-muffle
ovens are in operation, with a capacity of
250 per day. Further, currently under
construction are 5 triple muffle ovens

with a daily capacity of 800. Today and in the next few
days, 2 eight-muffle ovens, each with a daily capacity
of 800, will come on consignment, redirected from Mogilew.

Mr K said that this number of muffles is not yet sufficient;
we should deliver more ovens as quickly as possible.

Thus, it is appropriate that I come to Berlin Thursday
morning in order to discuss further deliveries with Mr K.
I should bring documents on Auschwitz with me, so that
the urgent calls can be finally silenced once and for all.

I have agreed to the visit for Thursday.

Thus, Prüfer has been informed by the Third Reich's Buildings' section that a cremation capacity of slightly less than 1 million per year is not enough for Auschwitz's needs! This is the first document which has emerged before the building of 46 ovens in four crematoria in the Birkenau section of the camp (there were already six ovens in the Auschwitz main camp)

http://www.holocaust-history.org/auschwitz/topf/

holographic
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby holographic » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:48 am)

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Poor Dr. Shermer....I have no doubt that it's not easy being him...yet, I remain skeptical.

holographic
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby holographic » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:02 am)

Also, I wonder how long it will take before "evolution denial" is made a crime.
Should this arise, you can bet it will manifest in Canada and Germany first.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:07 am)

But Nuremberg document USSR-008 says:
"The Germans killed and burned between 10,000 and 12,00 human beings daily".

Witness Henryk Tauber (Soviet commission interrogation):

"All the crematoria incinerated 10,000-12,000 bodies per day".

Mykjos Nyisli stated:

"In all up to 10,000 men could be brought from the gas chambers into the crematory ovens EVERY DAY"

Are they lying? The document was accepted into evidence at Nuremberg. So then, is Nuremberg reliable?

some points:

- Those are theoretical numbers, never achieved. The so called 'holocau$t' History Project can give no examples of such ovens EVER achieving those rates. Why can't they?

- From the Russian protocoll of Prüfer's interrogation by SMERSCH, stored in the Russian Archive of the Secret Service in Moscow, in Folder N-19262, Case 1719 . On March 5, 1946 Prüfer was interrogated by captain Schatanowski and major Moruschenko, and he stated that it took to cremate one body 1 hour/muffle.

- There was a total 52 muffles of Auschwitz, never used simultaneously.

- 38 is the most that were ever online simultaneously.

- The 6 at Auschwitz I were taken out of action as soon as the new ones at Birkenau came online. These were in turn liable to long periods of breakdowns and even idleness.

- If there was a program of mass extermination, the desperate need for cremation capacity is obvious. Why then put six muffles out of action?

- In August 1942, at the main camp, 9000 prisoners died. According to Believer & profiteer John Zimmerman, Auschwitz I would have had a cremation capacity of about 4,680 per month (26 per muffle daily on average, as at Gusen).
So the cremation capacity was about half of what it needed to be during the typhus epidemic.
At the same time, the camp was planned to hold an eventual inmate population of 200,000 (a seven-fold increase from August 1942, at less than 30,000).
Therefore, in August 1942, the very month that 'Auschwitz expert' van Pelt claims the homicidal adaptation of the crematoria was initiated, the Auschwitz Bauleitung authorities should have requested a crematoria construction program which should have produced capacities almost 14 times greater than the 6 muffles of Auschwitz I at the time. In 1943, when the camp population reached about 140,000, the number of muffles was just over 6 times greater than August 1942, because Crematorium IV broke down and was not repaired (mothballed) and Crematorium I at the main camp was converted into an air-raid shelter. There were 38 muffles.

- Why use exactly the same cremation techniques as in normal concentration camps, installing coke-fired ovens, even by the thirties a crude and primitive solution? More efficient gas-fired and electrical crematoria had by this time already been used for years in many countries, including my own. For the purpose the SS should naturally have sought out the most efficient answer they were able to find.

- If the extermination myth was true, the SS must from the start have had some idea of how many victims were to be gassed and burned. It's a simple matter of math, and then naturally founded on estimates made by the constructors, in this case Topf & Söhne. Why then not build the installations required. It doesn't make sense.

- There are no human remains to support the storyline.

Hannover

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:18 am)

During the interrogation on March 5, 1946, K. Prüfer explained why the cremation lasted so long in the Birkenau crematoria:
"In civil crematoria, pre-heated air is blown in with the help of special bellows, due to which the corpse burns faster and without smoke. The construction of the crematoria for the concentration camps is different; it was not possible to pre-heat the air, as a result of which the corpse burned slower and with developing smoke. In order to reduce the smoke and the smell of a burning corpse, a fan is used.

Question: How many corpses would be cremated per hour in a crematorium in Auschwitz?

Answer: In a crematorium that had five ovens and fifteen muffles, one cremated fifteen corpses in an hour."

This was also confirmed by another Topf engineer, Karl Schultze:
"Five ovens were in two crematoria, and three corpses were introduced in each oven [one in each muffle], i.e., there were three openings (muffles) in each oven. In one crematorium with five ovens [and fifteen muffles], one could incinerate fifteen corpses in one hour."

The liars of the 'holocau$t' Industry keep trying to make something out of nothing. Ofcourse, nothing is all they have.

see more on Prufer, 'vergasungskeller', cremation capabilities, etc.:

http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=135
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=1001
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=544

Use our search function: 'Prufer' ... there's much more at this forum, we cover it all.

- Hannover

lazamtlob

Postby lazamtlob » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:59 am)

"In all up to 10,000 men could be brought from the gas chambers into the crematory ovens EVERY DAY"

Are they lying? The document was accepted into evidence at Nuremberg. So then, is Nuremberg reliable?

Figures like "10 000 every day" has never been used in serious Holocaust research. You don't take one Nurnberg testimony and make that the truth. You compare and merge evidence and documentations from lots of sources and then make conclusions.
We know that with all new ovens working mentioned in the memo above Auschwitz will have a capaticity of 80 000 corpses per month. We also know thru serveral testemonies that they had to burn corpses outside
after breakdowns of a few ovens, because Topf failed to fixed them.

Question: How many corpses would be cremated per hour in a crematorium in Auschwitz?

Answer: In a crematorium that had five ovens and fifteen muffles, one cremated fifteen corpses in an hour."

5 ovens X 15 bodies = 75 an hour. 24 X 75 = 1800 corpses per 24 h. Which is a resonable figure for one of the kremas.

The number 2650 per day capacity is the minumum figure during the "hey days" of extermination in the camp, the one that is documented. The nazis said this wasn't enough.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:00 pm)

said:
Figures like "10 000 every day" has never been used in serious Holocaust research. You don't take one Nurnberg testimony and make that the truth. You compare and merge evidence and documentations from lots of sources and then make conclusions.

Not serious? Nuremberg was not serious? Tauber and Nyisli aren't to be taken seriously? Then why are they quoted so frequently by Believers? I can see why lazamtlob would dodge Tauber though:
Henryk Tauber, an alleged crematorium worker who claimed to have slept in the crematoria dormitories, is considered vital to the standard 'Holocaust' story; he is repeatedly cited by the Industry faithful. Here is what he had to say:

:arrow: In testifying to the Soviet Commission (Nuremberg document USSR-008) of 1945, he claims 10,000-12,000 per day were cremated in the ovens of Auschwitz-Birkenau.

This is an utter impossibility given the timeline and the number of functioning crematoria at Auschwitz/Birkenau. The 10,000-12,000 per day figure also served the Communist assertion that 279,000 were cremated monthly (as alleged by the Soviets in a May 1945 report). No other figure would serve the propaganda, and the figure is itself utterly laugable.

:arrow: Tauber stated that a body could be cremated in 5-7 minutes.

An impossibility even today (it's more like 60-90 minutes), simply absurd with 1940s technology.

:arrow: Tauber stated:
"Ober Capo August explained to us that, according to the calculations and plans for this crematorium, 5 to 7 minutes was allowed to burn one corpse in a muffle."

There are no such "calculations and plans" in the records.

:arrow: Tauber testified to skimming off boiling human fat from massive open air cremations.

Impossible, the fat would have ignited; there is no evidence for massive cremation pits.

:arrow: Tauber testified to reservoirs filled with human fat that flowed from the burning corpses.

same as above

:arrow: Tauber:
"One day the SS men threw a man into the boiling fat (in the open-air pit filled with human fat that ran from the corpses into a separate reservoir dug in the ground, and was poured over the corpses to accelerate the combustion), then pulled him out, still alive, and shot him. "The next day, the corpse was brought back to the crematorium, where it was incinerated in a pit"

No explanation necessary.

:arrow: Tauber testified that he inserted and cremated 8 bodies at once, in one oven muffle, in order to signal Allied aircraft with smoke.

Impossible, there was not enough space for 8 corpses, and more than one corpse per muffle would have caused damaged to the oven, as stated by the builder of the crematoria, SS Kurt Prufer. Plus, the crematoria at Auschwitz gave off practically no smoke...as evidenced by many wartime aerial photos.

:arrow: Tauber speaks of the existence of quaint wooden benches in the alleged 'gas chambers'.

Lovely, considering the already impossible space availability vs. the numbers allegedly gassed per session. There is no rational, sustainable evidence for homicidal gas chambers.

What all of this shows is that Tauber has been attributed with giving 'eyewitness' testimony that is not only impossible and simply ridiculous; but was meant to serve the unsustainable claims about Auschwitz.

- Hannover

We know that with all new ovens working mentioned in the memo above Auschwitz will have a capaticity of 80 000 corpses per month. We also know thru serveral testemonies that they had to burn corpses outside after breakdowns of a few ovens, because Topf failed to fixed them.

No, we do not know, and lazamtlob dodges my challenge for example of this 'capacity' ever occurring. Why?
Outside cremation? Now lazamtlob changes the subject. OK, I'll go along.
Yes, Revisionist know there were some outdoor cremations of typhus victims, and yet no one can show us the physical evidence to sustain the numbers claimed to have been gassed and cremated outside. Can lazamtlob show us this physical evidence? Nope.

--
5 ovens X 15 bodies = 75 an hour. 24 X 75 = 1800 corpses per 24 h. Which is a resonable figure for one of the kremas.

Quite incorrect.
It's 5 X 3 = 15 total muffles = 15 cremated per hour.
And these ovens could not work at a 24 hr. rate due the need for cleaning, maintenance, etc.

I see Schultze is dodged:
"Five ovens were in two crematoria, and three corpses were introduced in each oven [one in each muffle], i.e., there were three openings (muffles) in each oven. In one crematorium with five ovens [and fifteen muffles], one could incinerate fifteen corpses in one hour."

I see that:
38 is the most that were ever online simultaneously

is dodged also.

In fact, most of what I posted was dodged.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:23 pm)

lazamtlob said:
You compare and merge evidence and documentations from lots of sources and then make conclusions.

lazamtlob wants to distance himself from the the '10,000 per day' claim that was accepted by Nuremberg. Yet according to Shermer's very own 'convergence of evidence' method, this '10,000 per day' claim is supported by, well, a 'convergence of evidence'.

Read Brian Renk's debunking of Shermer's 'convergence of evidence' canard.

- Hannover

Convergence of evidence: a convergence of falsehood

by B. Renk

On the Original Convergence of Evidence: A Deliberate Falsehood

It is the contention of the Director of the Nizkor Project that a certain "convergence of evidence" exists with regard to descriptions of Holocaust allegations, and that such "convergence" serves to validate the contentions of Holocaust officialdom.

On May 6, 1945, the Report of the Soviet War Crimes Commission, which had investigated the Auschwitz concentration camp, was signed. The "Special State Commission" had concluded that "over 4 million people from the countries occupied by Germany were killed in Auschwitz, in most cases immediately after their arrival", and that "in Auschwitz camp, the Germans killed and burned 10,000-12,000 human beings daily, of whom 8,000-10,000 arrived by railway and were immediately killed, plus 2,000-3,000 camp inmates".(The Soviets had specifically referred to the testimonies of witnesses Tauber and Dragon in this regard). It is illegal to contest these claims in a number of Western democratic states today.

Further Convergence of Falsehood

As to the "veracity" of the statements amassed by the Soviet War Crimes Commission for its report (Nuremberg document USSR-008), there have been a number of additional testimonies to these claims cited in the major works of Holocaust history.
The testimonies of Auschwitz commandant Rudolf Höss, Filip Müller, Mylos Nyisli, the so-called Franke-Gricksch report, and other well-known witness statements all "converge" on ratifying the idea that 10,000 people could have been gassed and cremated every day at Auschwitz, and, as the Soviet Commission had extrapolated, 279,000 every month for a total of four million killed.

The Problem of the Witness Statements

No reputable historian today would write that four million people were killed at Auschwitz, just as no scholar or execution technology expert would write that it was physically possible to cremate 10,000 bodies daily in the crematoria of Auschwitz-Birkenau. Indeed, since it is now claimed that approximately one million people were killed and/or died at Auschwitz, as Israeli scholar Yehuda Bauer told the Jerusalem Post in 1989, anti-revisionist researcher Jean-Claude Pressac has argued that testimonies which "converge" on ratifying the Soviet figures (such as Nyisli's) must be divided by four or five to arrive at a true figure [!].

Unmasking the Fraudulence

Revisionist scholars have found that the President of the Special State Commission (N. Burdenko), who submitted the now-famous fraudulent report on the alleged German massacre of the Polish officers in the Katyn Forest (Nuremberg document USSR-54), was also a member of the Special Commission which created the Auschwitz report USSR-008. Burdenko did the best he could to convince the Nuremberg tribunal that the Polish officers were not murdered by the Soviet NKVD at Katyn, and his ability to assemble massively fraudulent testimonies were re-employed with regard to Auschwitz, as with his co-commissioner Nikolaus. Herein lies the key to the Auschwitz gassing claim: There is indeed a "convergence of evidence"-- evidence of falsehood.

holographic
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby holographic » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:43 pm)

I believe that Shermer even called me a 'pin-head'. Ha, I've been called worse. His tone indicates that he is slightly ticked at having been caught off guard. His hasty response to my question revealed his unquestionable ignorance.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”