Nearly half of Britons never heard of Auschwitz

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Maly Jacek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Maly Jacek » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:32 pm)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... _auschwitz

Thu Dec 2, 8:20 AM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Nearly half of Britons have never heard of the Nazi concentration camp of Auschwitz in southern Poland, according to a BBC television poll that was conducted just ahead of the 60th anniversary of the camp's liberation.Forty-five percent of the 4,000 people questioned for the survey by BBC Two said they had never heard of the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp, the television channel said Thursday.The BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) is due to broadcast several documentaries on the "Final Solution", the Nazi's plan to obliterate European Jewry, including on Auschwitz, for the 60th anniversary of the concentration camp's liberation on January 27, 2005."Our series is not only about the shocking, almost unimaginable pain of those who died, or survived, Auschwitz. It's about how the Nazis came to do what they did," said producer Laurence Rees.The documentary based on statements from nearly 100 survivors and officials from the camp took three years to make.The BBC has also produced a musical show at the site of the camp dedicated to the victims of the Holocaust.Between 1940 and 1945 more than one million men, women and children -- most of them Jews from around 20 European countries -- died in horrific circumstances at Auschwitz, one of the most infamous of World War II concentration camps.

Looks like we are in for more of "Tales of Unexpected"...

TruthSeeker
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby TruthSeeker » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:44 pm)

I wonder - is this another excuse to bombard British children with brainwashing and propaganda material on the "holocaust"? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil:

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:34 pm)

It's another reason to claim the necessity of indocrinating the masses with nonsense about the impossible 'gas chambers', impossible cremation rates, and non-existent mass graves. And ofcourse this Orwellian 'education' requires cash, lot's of it. Guess who pays and who profits.

It's called the 'holocau$t' industry for a reason.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Trojan
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Trojan » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:14 pm)

Hannover wrote:It's another reason to claim the necessity of indocrinating the masses with nonsense about the impossible 'gas chambers', impossible cremation rates, and non-existent mass graves. And ofcourse this Orwellian 'education' requires cash, lot's of it. Guess who pays and who profits.

It's called the 'holocau$t' industry for a reason.

- Hannover

So if 98% of all Britons knew about Auschwitz this would be proof of the "Holocau$t" industry indoctrination ... if only 50% of all Brits know about Auschwitz it will just be used to promote the industry more?

Kinda hard to argue with your logic dear Hannover.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:00 am)

Trojan,

Don't call me 'dear' or I'll refer to you as 'condom'.

Now, the answer to your question is basically yes. The 'holocau$t' Industry will claim that the British population needs more thorough indoctrination since not enough, according to prevailing judeo-supremacist opinions, are fully indoctrinated. Very profitable to those doing the 'educating', very costly to the taxpayers footing the bills for indoctrination which cannot stand the light of critical inquiry.

Reminds me of the Communist 're-education' that was demanded of their subjects.

Wanna jump in and actually debate your beliefs here? We welcome an on-topic debate with you.

- Hannover

Maly Jacek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Maly Jacek » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:44 pm)

Never knows,perhaps they are getting ready to criminalise "holocaust denial" here...they did try it in the past,I was waiting for that to happened soon after Irving's trial.

It will be very interesting to see these documentaries based on " statements from nearly 100 survivors"...maybe Rees will interview "surviver" Mr. Arthur Dodd if he is still alive so can tell us more stories about babies thrown into burning pits in January 1945 or Himmler's visit to Auschwitz in autumn 1943 as vividly described in his memories

JackBQuick

Postby JackBQuick » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:37 pm)

TruthSeeker wrote:I wonder - is this another excuse to bombard British children with brainwashing and propaganda material on the "holocaust"? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil:

That was PRECISELY what I thought.

-JBQ
The Holocaust belief was doomed from the beginning; it rests on a rotten foundation.

Maly Jacek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Maly Jacek » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:22 pm)

The BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) is due to broadcast several documentaries on the "Final Solution", the Nazi's plan to obliterate European Jewry, including on Auschwitz, for the 60th anniversary of the concentration camp's liberation on January 27, 2005."Our series is not only about the shocking, almost unimaginable pain of those who died, or survived, Auschwitz. It's about how the Nazis came to do what they did," said producer Laurence Rees.The documentary based on statements from nearly 100 survivors and officials from the camp took three years to make

"artist vision of Nazi gas chamber" as seen in opening parts of this BBC "documentry". Just seen first part of it...

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:21 pm)

Right. So, where is the cyanide residue? Oops.

- Hannover

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:02 pm)

All this vision but no evidence :shock:

-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Richard Perle
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Richard Perle » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:16 pm)

Were the morges anything like that size?

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:18 pm)

Whoa! The evidence for the Auschwitz claims is so pathetic that they have to create a 'virtual Auschwitz'. It's rather like an old televsion commercial for an over the counter medicine where the guy says "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV."

The 'holocau$t' Industry will resort to any trick they can.

- Hannover

Temporary on hold

Postby Temporary on hold » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:32 am)

I see no mesh devices in the artists rendering...

elvistheelf

Postby elvistheelf » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:53 am)

Nice try guys - that was the recreation of an undressing room. the recreation of the gas chamber was shown a few seconds later;) - compete with wire mesh columns.

By the way, the interview with the former SS man who had been involved in shooting Jewish civilians was particularly interesting;).

Richard Perle
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Richard Perle » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:53 am)

Would any of you want to try and counter this latest documentary on a very busy TV newsgroup I post at? You should see them all talking about how great this piece of work is, I wish I had the knowledge to put up a confident argument against it. Several of you guys are incredibly knowledgeable on the subject and great at forming articulate arguments. You could get the message out to a lot of people.

That newsgroup is uk.media.tv.misc

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”