Book Review: The Holocaust Industry by Norman Finkelstein

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Book Review: The Holocaust Industry by Norman Finkelstein

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:15 pm)

The book was amazing on many levels. Yes, Finkelstein believes in the holocaust and both his parents are "survivors" of Auschwitz (we revisionists tend to put the word "survivor" in quotes.) The book talks about a lot of the same things we talk about, but also talks about important elements to the holocaust story I've never heard before. Such as two prominent holocaust fraud books that shot their authors to stardom and became classic works for a time: The Painted Bird by Jerzy Kosinski; and Fragments by Binjamin Wilkomirski. A search of revforum shows very little on these books.

Another thing I didn't know about is how from 1945 till 1967, the holocaust was hardly talked about! And American Jews hardly identified with it. It was only after the 1967 war that the holocaust became a fixture in American life. (pg 16) Hilberg's Destruction of the European Jews barely saw the light of day. (pg 12) It's hard to believe.
IN a 1961 Commentary symposium on "Jewishness and the Younger Intellectual," only two of thirty-one contributors stressed its (the holocaust) impact.
pg 13

The '67 and '73 wars brought the holocaust to center stage for reasons Finkelstein explains.

Another amazing part of the book is his intelligent and glib description of the utter blackmail of Switzerland in the late 90's to extort 1.25 billion dollars in holocaust reparations. Finkelstein does a good job in describing the lying way that the New York Times reported it, and in describing how government, media and Jewish groups all worked together. (Somehow Finkelstein never uses the word "bilk"!) What makes this account so powerful to a revisionist reader, is you can see how the same mechanism, the same infrastructure is also how the holocaust story must have come about 50 years earlier. That infrastructure being a triad of Jewish agencies, Jewish media and talented Jews in government. This is all in the chapter titled "The Double Shakedown," and this chapter is worth the price of the book alone.

Zionist groups and the holocaust lobby would love to point an accusing finger at Finkelstein were they to find that a revisionist was giving the book a favorable review. However, the reason the holocaust story is so unstable, the reason it's a giant with a feet of clay, is because they didn't take advice from the likes of Finkelstein and subject the holocaust study to criticism. Finkelstein writes,
Long ago John Stuart Mill recognized that truths not subject to continual challenge eventually "cease to have the effect of truth by being exaggerated into falsehood."
pg 7

Because they didn't, the holocaust story is a giant behemoth of ridiculousness.
Last edited by Carto's Cutlass Supreme on Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:20 pm)

Carto's Cutlass Supreme wrote:Another thing I didn't know about is how from 1945 till 1967, the holocaust was hardly talked about! And American Jews hardly identified with it. It was only after the 1967 war that the holocaust became a fixture in American life.

That’s because they had to take care of Vietnam first. Guess the thinking was Hey, let’s wait, people will be much more receptive after this little tragedy which came from nowhere., something like that.

-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:45 pm)

Below is an amazing article pasted by KK and written by Noam Chomsky about what Finkelstein has gone through. The article also describes academia excellently and why the only academic revisionist in the entire United States is Butz, who is in an engineering department.

Scroll down page to "The Fate of an Honest Intellectual"
by Dr. Noam Chomsky
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=949

Richard Perle
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Richard Perle » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:32 pm)

You've got to wonder why smart people like Finkelstein and Chomsky still believe in the holocaust. It's not like they toe the tribal line.

That Chomsky article is going straight to my Jewish friends; Finkelstein's book to my to-buy list.

Juan
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Juan » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:11 pm)

Haldan wrote:
Carto's Cutlass Supreme wrote:Another thing I didn't know about is how from 1945 till 1967, the holocaust was hardly talked about! And American Jews hardly identified with it. It was only after the 1967 war that the holocaust became a fixture in American life.

That’s because they had to take care of Vietnam first. Guess the thinking was Hey, let’s wait, people will be much more receptive after this little tragedy which came from nowhere., something like that.

-haldan

Uhh, I think the reason has a lot more to do with that 6-day 1967 jewish-american aggression against its arab neighbors.

kk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby kk » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:07 pm)

Uhh, I think the reason has a lot more to do with that 6-day 1967 jewish-american aggression against its arab neighbors.

I should think so, but the 1973 war got them really scared.
They had then fighter planes armed with nuclear weapons targeting
Kairo and Damascus-the Samson syndrom.
It was after 1973 that they seriously got the full propaganda running.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:36 pm)

Finkelstein does mention that it really got going after 1973:
In fact, the Holocaust industry did not move center stage because Israel's unexpected setbacks during, and pariah status following, the Octoer 1973 war prompted memories of the Final Solution. Rather, Sadat's impressive military showing in the October war convinced US and Israeli policy elites that a diplomatic settlement with Egypt, including the return of Egyptian lands seized in June 1967, could no longer be avoided. To increase Israel's negotiating leverage the Holocust industry increased production quotas.
pg. 27

Finkelstein extensively uses a British book as a source, even as an inspiration for his writing his own book. It is "The Holocaust in American Life" by Peter Novick, which must be interesting.

Turpitz
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Turpitz » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:24 am)

Another thing I didn't know about is how from 1945 till 1967, the holocaust was hardly talked about!

This is a question I myself have often asked. I can remember being at school during the late eighties there was hardly any word of the industry in our state mandated curriculum; we were made to read '1984' and 'Animal farm'. As for now, I believe most schools syllabus’s are saturated with industry brain-washing (not a peep about the genocide in Palestine).

I have always thought personally that the reason for this was because the industry had to gather itself and make sure it could one: Finance such a lie, and buy off anyone or anything that dared raise an eye-brow, and number two: Make sure that once the ball was rolling it could be controlled by the media, which would mean gaining complete and total control of all mass media outlets, which I believe is the case now.

Number three would be to wait until many that were actually in the German sphere of influence at the time and could be deemed injurious to the industry were dead. Take for instance Sepp Dietrich, well he died in 1966 when the industry was gathering wind in it's sails, I am sure if he was alive today and could be witness to such hate crazed lies and turgid outpourings, I'm certain he would not give a damn about throwing a spanner in the works.

I also think during this time of peace and contemplation the industry went through, was a time of preparing the minds of people, like anything German is in league with Lucifer, whilst anything allied is as fragrant as the Angels themselves. They has to spend time conditioning the masses and implanting their perception of things in their minds.

I do think the industry could not have started any earlier, simply for these reasons, many parts of the media in many countries during the sixties was still in the hands of undesirables who could have answered back…Not anymore!

Take this evil that has recently framed, invaded and decimated Iraq. I can honestly say I do not think I have heard a single viewpoint from the other side in the media; it is always a one way system. My whole vision of Iraq and the Iraqi peoples is relayed to me by their enemies. If the people in the West could walk amongst the Iraqi freedom fighters and listen too their side of things, I’m sure you would form a completely different view of them. This is exactly the same method employed by the industry, you are never allowed to hear the other side, in fact they have made it illegal in many countries to hear the other viewpoint….I think they call it ‘democratic debate’!

Well that’s some of the reasons I think about anyway.

Bergmann
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Bergmann » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:17 am)

Carto wrote: The book was amazing on many levels. Yes, Finkelstein believes in the holocaust and both his parents are "survivors" of Auschwitz (we revisionists tend to put the word "survivor" in quotes.)

So, Finkelstein believes in the Holocaust story, i.e. the planned, organized, industrial killing of 6 million Jews, mostly in gas chambers. Interesting!
Well, I don’t believe this. Other than vague, contradictory, physically/technically/scientifically impossible “eye witness” stories I am not familiar with any material and documentary evidence about such a Holocaust.

And the findings of the various kangaroo courts during postwar trials are political and not worth the paper on which the judgements were written.

And what about “we revisionists”?

Holocaust revisionists are people like Rassinier, Faurisson, Rudolf, Mattogno, and many others. These are people who do primary research, go to the various archives etc. and then evaluate their findings. I am simply a reader of the various books and essays on the internet about the Holocaust, and based on that form my own opinion. I am not a historian nor do I attempt to revise anything.

Holocaust junkies usually refer to me on the various forums as a “revisionist” in smear marks or simply as a Holocaust denier. That is ok. I have some nice labels for them too.

Barrington James
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Barrington James » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:14 pm)

Norm Finkelstein does not challenge the holocaust myths in his book “The Holocaust Industry” because either he knows they will discredit what he really wants to say, or because he has no urge for financial ruination or “suicide”, or else he just doesn’t know any better. It seems the driving force behind this book is the fact that neither his mother nor any of the other millions of holocaust survivors have received any money from the billions of dollars that the Zionists have stolen from the Quisling German governments and hence from the German people nor from the recent Swiss bank blackmail hoist of several more billions.

I thought at first that he may have been an Orthodox Jew for they have all kinds of unpleasant things to say about the “Zionist State”, and Zionism in general such as the SS. St.Louis myth which is slowly building up to some kind of grand hoax in my country, or the Zionist/Nazi co-operative transfer that got hundreds of thousands of the youngest, brightest, strongest Jews out of Europe during WW2 and into Palestine which is unknown to most people here. Who knows? In any case he is, like Chomsky, certainly the kind of fellow needed for revisionism and why I thought the tactics of Zundel were so foolish
You can fool too many of the people most of the time.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:41 pm)

Hi Bergmann,

I haven't read enough of the straightforward revisionists, like Graf, Mattogno, Rudolf, but at the same time, I think "we revisionists" should read books written by holocaust historians and glean important ideas from them to support what we believe. Finkelstein's a case in point: I didn't know about those two holocaust fraud books. They're hardly mentioned on revforum. And also, the reading of the Swiss Bank Bilk (blackmail) countenanced the infrastructure that would have put out the holocaust lies.

And in terms of Finkelstein and his "danger factor." The man is already risking his life saying just what he's saying.

There's also a talent/scholarly factor too. I'm not sure if any revisionist writer could have done as good of a job writing the story of the Swiss Banks extortion process. And spending an hour and a half reading that was key to my understanding of the holocaust lie. Conversely Finkelstein couldn't write about technical issues of Zyklon B like Germar Rudolf either. Everyone has their talents.

And if you get the book, look at his picture on the inside-back. He doesn't look like you'd think he'd look at all. lol.
Last edited by Carto's Cutlass Supreme on Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bergmann
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Bergmann » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:32 pm)

Interesting is the response by Israel Shamir about the Germans, the “Weicheier” (soft testicles), and Finkelstein’s book:

CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD
You accepted your second-class status of children of a lesser god, when you tried publishers of Norman Finkelstein's Holocaust Industry and allowed agents of ADL to march streets of Berlin with Israeli flags and portraits of Bomber Harris. You agreed that your blood is cheap. Do not be surprised if it will flow after the supply of Palestinians will dry up.
Source: http://www.israelshamir.net/shamirImage ... Berlin.htm

What would Americans say/do if some Arabs would walk on the streets of New York before the WTC ruins with a banner: "Bin Laden do it again!". I have the feeling that they would lynch them right there, right then.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:43 pm)

Here's some quotes from Finkelstein's book. Some of which are sort of hilarious.

The first question is why we even have a federally mandated and funded Holocaust museum in the nation's capitol. Its presence on the Washington Mall is particularly incongruous in the absence of a museum commemorating crimes in the course of American history. Imagine the wailing accusations of hypocrisy here were Germany to build a national museum in Berlin to commemorate not the Nazi genocide but American slavery or the extermination of the Native Americans.
pg. 72

"If everyone who claims to be a survivor actually is one," my mother used to exclaim, "who did Hitler kill?"
pg. 81, (Finkelstein's mother was in Auschwitz.)

Indeed, many scholars have cast doubt on the reliability of survivor testimony. "A great percentage of the mistakes I discovered in my own work," Hilberg recalls, "could be attributed to testimonies." Even within the Holocaust industry, Deborah Lipstadt, for example, wryly observes that Holocaust survivors frequently maintain they were personally examined by Josef Mengele at Auschwitz.
pg. 82
Last edited by Carto's Cutlass Supreme on Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:46 pm)

'The Holocaust Industry' is a must read for revisionists. It traces the pattern of US news domination and control. The book outlines a huge embezzlement done by the industry and its government henchmen in the US. The Swiss were bascially slandered and extorted of $1.25 billion based mostly on nazi complicity smearing. Finkelstein traces how at most $200 million was traceable to holocaust accounts - HOWEVER, he proves beyond a doubt that the Swiss did not collude to conceal those accounts, as accused, and that they were available to any account holder who could prove it. In the meantime both Israel and the US kept their holocaust accounts refusing to return them to account holders.

This huge scandal was met with zero media coverage. A book deserving a Pulitzer Prize was met with one negative book review in the NY Times and buried. Finklestein was forced out of his New York City college professor job and quickly forgotten. He and his classic fraud expose have been completely removed from the face of the earth by the zionist lobby that controls the truth in America...

Since the extortion, the Swiss bank Fund has been sued by American Holocaust survivors for depriving them of payments that were gained in their name. The fund elected to send the over 1 billion surplus to the Jewish organizations Finkelstein exposed as well as Soviet holocaust survivors. The fund found a large number of false claims during the application process. The first auditors hired by the fund found very few actual claims. They were fired and a new set of auditors were hired in order to find recipients. The Swiss paid mainly to avoid being blackmailed by US politicians who threatened to boycott 100's of billions in Swiss pension funds. Meanwhile the US kept its holocaust accounts and made a law prohibiting their return...

Finkelstein caught holocaust organizers claiming there were over a million camp survivors. He calculated that, at best, it was only possible to have 14,000 survivors still living. When confronted these organizers refused to return Finkelstein's calls - before he was fired from his job...

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”