"6 million" again

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Maly Jacek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

"6 million" again

Postby Maly Jacek » 1 decade 6 years ago (Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:49 pm)

Exactly 5 weeks before the liberation of Auschwitz,the weekly newspaper Soviet War News,published by Soviet embassy in London on December 22,1944 headlined in an article by leading Soviet propagandist Ilya Ehrenburg:
"Remember, Remember, Remember".

In it, the following was reported, apparently with great naturalness:

"in the regions they seized,Germans killed all Jews, from the old folks to infants in arms. Ask any German prisoners why his fellow countrymen annihilated six million innocent people (...)"

This article by Ehrenburg was reprinted on January 4, 1945.

Joachim Hoffmann "Stalin's War of Extermination" p.189

oberststuhlherr

Postby oberststuhlherr » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:13 pm)

This is the statement from the "plaque on the rear wall of Room 6, the so called Death Block" at Auschwitz:

Translation: During the period of this camp's existence 405,222 prisoners -- men, women and children -- were entered in the books. Of this number, around 340,000 persons perished at Auschwitz and in the other camps.

Here's the source:
http://www.fpp.co.uk/Auschwitz/docs/con ... laque.html

Are there any actual history books that both cite the 6 million figure, and show how it is arrived at?

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:30 am)

Hi oberststuhlherr,

What the Auschwitz museum website says is that most people who went to the gas chamber were not entered into the record books. I don't believe that, but it's important to understand what they say.

There are several written holocaust histories. Raul Hilberg's The Destruction of the European Jews is the most well-known, and he breaks down the number of deaths into various categories to come up with 5.1 million. I don't believe his book, but am answering your question.

6 million was found in Feb. 1943 Reader's Digest also. Search here for it. It is obviously a propaganda number as can be seen by the fact that the biggest historian of the holocaust, Raul Hilberg, has been giving a figure of 5 million since 1961!

DowntownSteve

Postby DowntownSteve » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:41 am)

I sawa mention on a website that the six million figure was used as early as 1919. Anyone know the website I"m talking about?

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:54 am)

DowntownSteve wrote:I sawa mention on a website that the six million figure was used as early as 1919. Anyone know the website I"m talking about?

Do you mean Don Heddesheimer's The First Holocaust?

-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

DowntownSteve

Postby DowntownSteve » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:58 am)

Yes! Thanks!

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:23 am)

see this thread as well:
'6,000,000' planned in advance of WWII'
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=112

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

DowntownSteve

Postby DowntownSteve » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:46 am)

And thanks to you also!

Maly Jacek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Maly Jacek » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:39 am)

Apparently that magical "6 million" is an old thing. Here is another example going back as far 1902 !
Encyclopaedia Britannica, 10th Edition 1902
The words:
"While there are in Russia and Rumania six millions of Jews who are being systematically degraded..."

appear in the last paragraph of the left hand column of page 482.

oberststuhlherr

Postby oberststuhlherr » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:47 am)

Carto's Cutlass Supreme wrote:Hi oberststuhlherr,

What the Auschwitz museum website says is that most people who went to the gas chamber were not entered into the record books. I don't believe that, but it's important to understand what they say.

There are several written holocaust histories. Raul Hilberg's The Destruction of the European Jews is the most well-known, and he breaks down the number of deaths into various categories to come up with 5.1 million. I don't believe his book, but am answering your question.

6 million was found in Feb. 1943 Reader's Digest also. Search here for it. It is obviously a propaganda number as can be seen by the fact that the biggest historian of the holocaust, Raul Hilberg, has been giving a figure of 5 million since 1961!

Jürgen Graf wrote a book-length critique of Hilberg's The Destruction of the European Jews. Graf's book is available here: http://www.vho.org/GB/Books/Giant/
I bought it in hardcopy, and do not regret having done so. I guess I really should read Hilberg's book in order to be fair. OTOH, I'm not sure it would be worth the time, effort and money.

ClaudiaRothenbach
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby ClaudiaRothenbach » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:11 am)

I have the German version of Hilberg's book as well as Jürgen Graf's "The Giant ..." (German too) and checked whether his critique is right - and Jürgen Graf is absolutely honest. Every single point he brings up is correct, no doubt.
"Everything has already been said, but not yet by everyone." - Karl Valentin

Holohoax

Postby Holohoax » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:15 am)

"in the regions they seized,Germans killed all Jews, from the old folks to infants in arms. Ask any German prisoners why his fellow countrymen annihilated six million innocent people (...)"

So... the number itself is the Communist invention then. And don't forget that Jewish Ehrenburg was anti-German racist.

DowntownSteve

Postby DowntownSteve » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:10 pm)

1902? This is getting more ridiculous and impossible to believe every day.

ClaudiaRothenbach
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby ClaudiaRothenbach » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:51 pm)

DowntownSteve wrote:1902? This is getting more ridiculous and impossible to believe every day.

In Don Heddersheimer, The First Holocaust, p40 we read the following:

As early as 1900, Wise is recorded telling a Zionist gathering that
there are 6,000,000 living, bleeding, suffering arguments in favor of
Zionism
” as reported in a New York Times article. (footnote 82)

82: “Rabbi Wise’s Address”, New York Times, June 11, 1900, p. 7. For the entire article, see Appendix, p. 91.

The New York Times
June 11, 1900, p. 7
“Rabbi Wise’s Address”
Rabbi Wise said, in part:
‘The day will never come when I will care less for Zion, when there will be anyone who will strive more for the glorious ideals of Zionism. ‘Two great conventions of Jews are being held tonight. In Chicago, there is a conference of charities called together by men who minister to the wants of the poor. They have assembled to see that too much charity is not given to the unworthy. Their purpose is right. But ours is the greater charity. We have assembled not to see that the Jew does not get too much, but that every Jew shall get the right to live.
There are 6,000,000 living, bleeding, suffering arguments in favor of Zionism. They come not to beg, but ask for that which is higher than all material things. They seek to have satisfied the unquenchable thirst after the ideal. They ask to become once again the messengers of right, justice, and humanity.
‘Your Christian friends will honor you if you have enough self-respect to care for your own people. Say that you are not a Jew and you will be hated as a Jew, nevertheless. But say that you are an American Jew, and strive for the best principles of the race, you will be respected and the Zionist name honored.
‘Of Israel and Zion one thing is true. They can conquer. God is our leader, and with the General of the heavenly hosts to lead who will say that we go not to victory?
‘In the old Greek games, the man who won the race was not he who went fastest, but the one who bore a lighted torch to the end of the course. ‘We Zionists have entered a race, the torch of liberty, charity, and justice in our hands.
‘The race will be won, not because we are fastest but because that lamp is a light unto the world. It will never be extinguished.
‘Come, brothers, the lamp is in your hands, run the race and may God give you the victory forever.”
"Everything has already been said, but not yet by everyone." - Karl Valentin

Maly Jacek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Maly Jacek » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:11 pm)

Let's not forget about 64 million Jewish kids burned alive by Romans in village of Bethar 135 AD :lol:

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”