Holocaust: History, Science or Religion

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
oberststuhlherr

Holocaust: History, Science or Religion

Postby oberststuhlherr » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:45 pm)

I have come to view the "Holocaust" as something akin to a modern version of The Book of Ester in the Bible. Indeed, there are many, elements of the "Holocaust" account which have parallels in different parts of the Bible. There also seems to be an orthodoxy which is enforced by censorship, intimidation, and/or force of law.

Does anyone else share this opinion?

Turpitz
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Turpitz » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:13 pm)

Of course there are laws to enforce it, there simply has to be as it cannot sustain itself. I do not follow the bible much myself, but I have always considered the industry more akin to black magic or devil worshiping personally.

DaveDundee

Postby DaveDundee » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:47 pm)

subject: Holocaust: History, Science or Religion.

You missed out Politics.
I came to here because I recently met an Auschwitz survivor.
She is/was a Russian and was going to be deported back to Russia.
Yalta.......... long story. BUT when I mentioned to her that there was a lot on the web about Holo and 911WTC revison.
Her reply so shocked me that I rebegan to study the Holo.
I am v political and believe that by exposing Holo - 911 - WMD people may come to the truth of whats going on. ITS POLITICAL.
And the Truth Shall Set You Free http://www.whatreallyhappened.com

neugierig
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby neugierig » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:49 pm)

oberststuhlherr:
“I have come to view the "Holocaust" as something akin to a modern version of The Book of Ester in the Bible[…]”

You may have a point here. First, there are some biblical scholars who believe that “Esther” should not be part of the Bible, for there is hardly a, if any, mention of God in it. (I would have to find my sources)

But the parallel is there, first the persecution and following that, the Jews were allowed to butcher their enemies. And, in 9, 3 it states: “And all the rulers of the provinces, and the lieutenants, and the deputies, and the officers of the king helped the Jews;[…]”

Sounds familiar? I personally believe that large parts of the OT were written in the Babylonian captivity, i.e., after the fact, and are inventions.

Regards
Wilf

oberststuhlherr

Postby oberststuhlherr » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:12 pm)

neugierig wrote:oberststuhlherr:
“I have come to view the "Holocaust" as something akin to a modern version of The Book of Ester in the Bible[…]”

You may have a point here. First, there are some biblical scholars who believe that “Esther” should not be part of the Bible, for there is hardly a, if any, mention of God in it. (I would have to find my sources)

But the parallel is there, first the persecution and following that, the Jews were allowed to butcher their enemies. And, in 9, 3 it states: “And all the rulers of the provinces, and the lieutenants, and the deputies, and the officers of the king helped the Jews;[…]”

Sounds familiar? I personally believe that large parts of the OT were written in the Babylonian captivity, i.e., after the fact, and are inventions.

Regards
Wilf

It's interesting that you view the Bible as subject to historical critique. I do likewise. It's hard to know how it came into being. I'm not, nor have I even been, a Bible believer. I do, however, have a profound interest in religious history. Such exercises as reviewing the Bible in the face of historical and archaeological evidence formed the foundation of the mental attitude which led me to question whether the "Holocaust" really happened.

What I find equally as important as the question of whether the Nazis had an explicit intent to exterminate the Jews, is the way the event is memorialized in the collective psyche. It is, IMO, being religiousized.

neugierig
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby neugierig » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:29 pm)

oberststuhlherr:
“What I find equally as important as the question of whether the Nazis had an explicit intent to exterminate the Jews, is the way the event is memorialized in the collective psyche. It is, IMO, being religiousized.”

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is being done, i.e., the Holocaust is ‘religiousized’. (like the word) Those who question the official version of events, heretics, are persecuted. And although they are no longer burned, at least not yet, they are jailed in some countries. If the subject was history, which it ought to be, instead of religion, why not allow people to question it?

As for the Bible. Although I don’t belong to any organized religious group/church, I consider myself a Christian. Thus, since my believe is based on the existence of Christ, as the term ‘Christian’ implies, I have problems with the OT, the Bible of the Jews, if you will, since the Jews rejected Christ.

But, those kind of discussions hardly belong here. Still, archeological research found nothing to substantiate the Exodus, et al. Was it all made up? And do we have a parallel here with the Holocaust, that is, making up ‘History’ or more precise, ‘Religion’? I believe one needs to be apprehensive, at the very least.

Regards
Wilf

ClaudiaRothenbach
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby ClaudiaRothenbach » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:03 am)

DaveDundee wrote:subject: Holocaust: History, Science or Religion.
BUT when I mentioned to her that there was a lot on the web about Holo and 911WTC revison.

What was her reply?
"Everything has already been said, but not yet by everyone." - Karl Valentin

Holohoax

Postby Holohoax » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:39 pm)

You missed out Politics.
Yalta.......... long story. BUT when I mentioned to her that there was a lot on the web about Holo and 911WTC revison.
I am v political and believe that by exposing Holo - 911 - WMD people may come to the truth of whats going on. ITS POLITICAL.

This is very interesting! What was her reply? Did she finally state the plain truth, or was she a liar like everyone else? Can you tell us her name?

DaveDundee

Postby DaveDundee » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:52 pm)

Holohoax wrote:
You missed out Politics.

This is very interesting! What was her reply? Did she finally state the plain truth, or was she a liar like everyone else? Can you tell us her name?

I expected a liar but she turned out to be everthing I didnt expect.
She is/was a RUSSIAN -- NON Jew -- Has published a book --
NOTE For legal reasons I dont give away much but more about Her thing can be found at http://www.uvsc.edu/commorgs/russia/tolstoy/index.html
YALTA
VICTIMS OF YALTA(1978):
the history of the forced repatriation of Soviet citizens in 1944-47. [From German concentration camps back to Russia] In consequence of the public outcry following the revelations in this book, a committee drawn from members of all parties in both Houses of Parliament arranged the erection of a memorial to the victims in central London. A translation was recently published by the Russian Defence Ministry as part of the official history of the Great Patriotic War.
AND http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/99/07/Tolstoy1.html
http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/99/07/Tolstoy2.html
And the Truth Shall Set You Free http://www.whatreallyhappened.com

Holohoax

Postby Holohoax » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:04 pm)

Thanks Dave, this is truly interesting. :twisted:

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”