New book claims Hitler knew about gas chambers

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
friedrich braun
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

New book claims Hitler knew about gas chambers

Postby friedrich braun » 1 decade 6 years ago (Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:05 pm)

New book claims Hitler knew about exterminatination camps and gas chambers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some interesting claims being made here.

Last days of Hitler, the joking dictator

The Sunday Times, March 20, 2005
Peter Conradi and Justin Sparks in Berlin

THE bride wore a dark blue silk dress with a soft grey fur cape; the ashen-faced groom was dressed in the same crumpled jacket that he had been wearing for days, his Iron Cross First Class and other military decorations pinned to the lapel.
The ceremony, held in a storeroom in a Berlin bunker as Soviet artillery rained down on the city, lasted only 10 minutes. When the couple emerged, Adolf Hitler kissed Eva Braun’s hand. There was speculation among aides that she was already carrying the Führer’s child.
Within 24 hours the couple were dead — Hitler from a single bullet to the temple, his wife from biting on a cyanide capsule.
The eyewitness account of the dramatic events of April 1945 by Heinz Linge, the Nazi leader’s butler, is among the more colourful revelations in a book published this weekend.
Compiled by the KGB from the interrogations of Linge and Otto Günsche, Hitler’s adjutant, after they were taken prisoner, the book was prepared for Joseph Stalin, the Soviet leader, who wanted a psychological profile of his defeated enemy.
Sealed for more than six decades in Russian archives, it has been brought to light and published by Henrik Eberle and Matthias Uhl, German historians.
The account — known simply as The Hitler Book — describes at close hand the Nazi leader’s career, from his appointment as chancellor in 1933 and subsequent outrages, through the second world war to the final days in the bunker.
The portrait that emerges is far more complex than the conventional one-dimensional depiction of a monster. Hitler, it seems, personally ordered those who crossed him, even over minor matters, to be sent to concentration camps but also had a wicked sense of humour, frequently mocking the pomposity of Hermann Goering, his number two.
The book also reveals Hitler’s personal interest in the workings of the concentration and extermination camps. Linge and Günsche claimed that he had pored over the first blueprints of gas chambers and ordered more funding for the project.
The book does not address directly the question of whether Braun was pregant. But in its conclusion the historians claim that Hitler’s pilot, Hans Baur, who was captured with the others, confided to a cellmate who was spying for the Russians that she had been carrying a child.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspa...33442_1,00.html

oberststuhlherr

Postby oberststuhlherr » 1 decade 6 years ago (Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:52 pm)

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: New book claims Hitler knew about gas chambers

Postby Lamprecht » 1 year 10 months ago (Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:56 pm)

Compiled by the KGB from the interrogations of Linge and Otto Günsche, Hitler’s adjutant, after they were taken prisoner, the book was prepared for Joseph Stalin, the Soviet leader, who wanted a psychological profile of his defeated enemy.

The book can be found here:

The Hitler Book: The Secret Dossier Prepared for Stalin from the Interrogations of Otto Guensche and Heinze Linge, Hitler's Closest Personal Aides
https://archive.is/kNCvR

David Irving criticized this here:

Hitler planned Holocaust - report
https://archive.is/ymdES

David Irving wrote:When I first received -- from my friend Lev Bezymenski in Moscow -- parts of the Russian text of this Stalin Hitler-book I put them in writing (translated back into German) to both Linge and Günsche; I also interviewed Günsche closely on Hitler's knowledge of the massacres. His statements to me were negative -- Hitler had known nothing, had not been involved, there had never been any discussion of this sort of thing at Hitler's headquarters. But then of course I did not beat and torture him, I merely questioned him as any real historian should.

Günsche was one of Adolf Hitler's personal adjutants. At the end of the war, he became a Soviet prisoner. After being held in various prisons and labour camps in the Soviet Union, he was released in 1956.

The dean and founder of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, Rabbi Marvin Hier, lamented about the fact that "those in the close circle around Hitler" all claimed no knowledge of the alleged Holocaust: "They never heard the horrible things. That is all basically revisionism" he said. https://archive.is/TNVeq#selection-1003.0-1007.196

David Irving again: "Every one of Hitler's private staff was closely interrogated on precisely this issue by Americans and British after the war, and all of them stated independently of each other that at Hitler's headquarters, in his secret circle, there was never even the slightest hint or mention of anything untoward happening to the Jews in the east or in the concentration camps. I have the interrogation reports." https://archive.is/CrxLI#selection-347.50-347.449
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
— Herbert Spencer

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”