The many weaknesses of the Cole video

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

The many weaknesses of the Cole video

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:47 pm)

For starters, let's face it: that swimming pool is more like a half-pool. It's as long as a normal pool but half the width or less. Obviously everyone at Auschwitz wasn't taking a daily lap swim. Yes, it's important to show it, and it's making a point, but still.

Cole doesn't touch on the boiling point issues of HCN which is 79 F. If I made a movie, I'd show World At War Episode 20 footage of the guy mentioning seeing his breath in the cold air, and then mentioning how in a matter of minutes everyone was dead.

Cole touches on the authenticity of the chamber, but doesn't clarify enough what's real and what's not.

He could have showed the "hatchet job" of the holes in the collapsed roof as well. Obviously made after the war.

Also, he doesn't touch on the idea that you can't kill 2000 people and then have 15 nearby waiting ovens or so, that each take an hour to cremate a body.

He mentions the pile of human hair, but doesn't give a great explanation as to why it's there. The Soviets planted it? It was imported in, to recycle or convert to L-cysteine? How could the Nazis have not left any records, but would be so dumb as to leave a giant pile of hair? He doesn't go into that.

The display of the zyklon B without the warning scent: he doesn't go into how that is a weak exterminationist argument: scent or no scent wouldn't matter if you're in a locked chamber and zyklon b is dumped in.

He doesn't mention eyewitness accounts that are outlandish. Irma Grese tortured people. Had human skin lampshades. Had an affair with Mengele, but was also a lesbian as well.

He doesn't mention outdoor burnings, or outdoor hammers crushing bones, so he's hardly forensically covering all the bases.

His mentioning of the Katyn forest massacre is good, and other parts of the video are good, but ultimately someone could make a better video. It's just that nobody has.

Cole is similar to David Irving: He's made a big contribution, but is there room to be better? Yes.

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:20 pm)

Also, he doesn't touch on the idea that you can't kill 2000 people and then have 15 nearby waiting ovens or so, that each take an hour to cremate a body.

I have to go back to my Rudolf sources, but I believe he described that it was theoretically possible to cremate a corpse in the Topf & Sons ovens in around 22 minutes under the absolute ideal of thermal maximums reached only when the ovens were at full burn. However, this is compromised by technical factors that limited the time of those maximums, making the average rate higher. Even with this optimal estimate the rates were not nearly high enough to justify holocaust claims.

Johng

Postby Johng » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:09 am)

I agree. the Faurisson response to cole's video supports your view. Cole's own response is interesting

In 1992, that is, long after the late 1970s, David Cole, a young Californian revisionist of Jewish origin, presented himself as the discoverer of the gas chamber falsifications at Auschwitz-I. In a mediocre video, he showed, on the one hand, the museum guides version (according to which the gas chamber is genuine) and, on the other hand, that of Franciszek Piper, a member of the museum administration (for whom this gas chamber is very similar to the original). There was nothing new in that. The trouble was that D.Cole and his friends exaggerated greatly to put it mildly in afterwards proceeding to claim that F.Piper had acknowledged that there had been a fraud. In effect, there had been a fraud but unhappily D.Cole had not been able to unmask it, because he was too ill acquainted with the body of revisionist work. He could have definitively confounded F.Piper by showing him, on film, the original blueprints which I had discovered in 1975-1976 and published in the late 1970s. Therein it is plain to see that todays alleged gas chamber is the result of a certain number of makeovers of the premises carried out after the war. For instance, the ceilings four alleged holes for the pouring in of the ZyklonB were effected quite crudely and clumsily after the war: the steel reinforcement cables in the concrete were broken by the Polish Communists and remain today as they were left then.

Mind you cole is not that fond of Faurisson. Some excerpts from his reply to Faurisson

...many of the points Faurisson has made about Krema 1 are dangerously fraudulent. ...

I had come to believe, after a thorough investigation of Faurisson's claims, that any "assurance" from Faurisson should not be uncritically accepted, but rather immediately suspect. Revisionists want it both ways; they want to A) claim that Krema 1 in its present state is a post war creation and B) use Krema 1's present state as proof that gassings couldn't have occurred in it. Faurisson had ALTERED his fax and CHANGED the story...replacing the word "oven" with "gas chamber."

...as I have just shown, Faurisson isn't above altering his own texts if the situation requires...

To hear Fritz [Berg] tell it, Faurisson has been hard at work keeping Fritz' articles out of revisionist publications. And Fritz' crime? He dares to point out some of Faurisson's factual errors.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:36 am)

Hi Johng,
Thanks for the reply, but once again it's irresponsible of you to post quotes without giving sources.

I'm waiting for the sources of all the quotes you used.

Johng

Postby Johng » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:23 pm)

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:51 pm)

Johng:

You attempt to discredit both Cole & Faurisson with the claim that they have certain disagreements. I say so what? They are two men with opinions, each are subject to occasional mistatements.

So what is it in Cole's work that is flawed in terms of his claim that no one was gassed?
Are you able to answer his 'FORTY-SIX IMPORTANT UNANSWERED QUESTIONS REGARDING THE NAZI GAS CHAMBERS'?
here:
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=599

So what is it in Faurisson's body of work that is flawed in terms of his claim that no one was gassed?

We wait for your specific responses.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:22 pm)

Thanks Johnng,

The ETY reference was interesting. That's impressive you found that.

The Nizkor source from Jamie McCarthy could be fraudulent though. Since Cole went into hiding it would be easy to say he said this and said that. Plus I've seen Nizkor present things dishonestly before. Like their explanation of the atomic bomb dialogue at the Nuremberg trials. Talk about ridiculous.

Anyway, thanks for responding.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:38 pm)

Does Cole even bring up that a big plaque sat in front of Auschwitz for 30 some odd years that said 4 million died there? When Cole visited that sign would have been down I think, and maybe the new 1.5 million people plaque hadn't been put up yet. I don't remember if he touched on that in the video. But a definitive video on the subject would definitely have to include that.

Johng

Postby Johng » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:09 am)

Hi Hannover,

I am not attempting to rubbish Cole or Faurisson. I merely pointed out that if Cole is a revisionist ‘source’ who should be taken seriously then Faurisson does not support that assumption. And for Cole’s ’46 unanswered questions’ then wouldn’t that be 46 new threads?

For Carto.
I believe the Cole letter was posted on alt. revisionism. Whilst you believe Nizkor may have ‘made the letter up’ It would be a ‘fraud’ that Cole could easily expose, but he hasn’t

Richard Perle
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Richard Perle » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:04 am)

Regardless of what Faurisson thinks of Cole (it's not like Holocaust historians don't disagree with each other) the problems with Auschwitz which Cole examined still stand, and his 46 Questions article remains as one of the most convincing single articles and one of my favourites.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:47 am)

Johng:

Still dodging I see. You refuse to answer direct challenges. In fact, you can't even support your belief in the 'gas chambers' or '6,000,000', now can you?

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:45 am)

Hi Johnng,
It would be a ‘fraud’ that Cole could easily expose, but he hasn’t

But that may be because Cole went into hiding, and thus wouldn't respond by saying something is a fraud. He went into hiding because the JDL (Jewish Defense League) under Irv Rubin put out a reward for his whereabouts. Soon after, Cole recanted in a letter to....you guessed it: Irv Rubin.

Irv Rubin was later arrested by the FBI for planning to blow up a Lebanese Congressman's office, (Daryl Issa.) and also a mosque in Los Angeles. When the JDL #2 man entered plea bargaining deal and agreed to testify against Rubin, Rubin committed suicide in jail.

The assertion that Cole accused Faurisson of altering a fax seems fraudulent. Not on your part. Either on Nizkor's part or whoever posted to alt.revisionism. You wouldn't believe the low blow antics people will do to revisionists. The whole tone of the letter excerpts seem fraudulent to me.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”