holocaust - not a monopoly

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
hermann

holocaust - not a monopoly

Postby hermann » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:31 am)

I'd rather not dither over numbers of who died and who didn't die or who was gassed and who wasn't.

What I have a problem with is the monopolization of holocaust. There is no doubt that Jews have suffered tremendously over the centuries - but then again other groups have as well.

Native Americans had millions die - granted much unwittingly so from disease but their culture was often directly targeted for destruction.

Africans suffered from exploitation from Europeans, Arabs, and from themselves. Countless numbers die in slavery or enroute.

1 million Armenians lost their lives to the Turks. Pretty holocaustic.

The quote Holocaust unquote is often touted as the end-all be-all example of human discrimination and often thrown up to show how much jewish people have suffered. I agree it was terrible but the true lesson of the holocaust isn't how bads the jews suffered but man's inhumanity to man.

When I hear israelis calling Arabs filth, I realize some of them haven't learn the lesson of the Holocaust and the cycle of hate and destruction continues.
they are watching always

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:06 pm)

Hi Hermann,

Your view is a common liberal view found at universities. It's essentially this:
"there's lot's of holocausts. What happened to the Jews is terrible, as is what happened to the indians."

Except that what happened to the Jews didn't happen. And gee, perhaps that's why the indians don't control the media.

Your view is an extrapolation, a thinking process, based on the axiomatic foundation that the holocaust happened. You're starting out a thought structure based on an untrue axiom.

When you start a belief structure based on untrue axioms, the bigger the structure, the more ponderous and unwieldy it gets.

steve
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby steve » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:29 pm)

Carto, you beat me to it!

Hermann, let me ask you a question. Assume for the moment that there was no Gassings, etc. In other words, the Big H fable is a gross Lie. I will admit, there were camps, people died, the Germans saw the jews in a negative light, etc. But, this is far away from mass murder.

I always get somewhat bent out of shape when some people say they are sick of hearing about the H, that it happened long ago, other people suffered too, etc. No!!! There is a bigger point! And that is, it did NOT happen years ago. Period.

Anway, if it is indeed the case that the H is, for the major part, a bunch of crap, would you see that is far more important an issue than a general claim that, well, humanity is just cruel. That a more important topic should be how disgusting of them for lying about such a thing. And, maybe, it is possible that any suffering the jews experienced may have been brought about themselves. That so-called anti-semitism is just a natural reaction to obnoxious jewish behavior.

Seriously, would you agree to at least consider what I am saying if the H was shown to be a big Hoax?

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”