showers

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Johng

showers

Postby Johng » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun May 01, 2005 3:07 am)

When the Germans evacuated Auschwitz in ’45 they took the trouble to blow up the showers! Anybody know why? One argument I heard was they had heard the rumours about gassings and thus blew up the showers in panic.

I find this strange in that they destroy the evidence that would have shown them to be innocent.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun May 01, 2005 9:32 am)

What showers would that be?

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Maly Jacek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Maly Jacek » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun May 01, 2005 9:41 am)

Krema IV was destroyed in October 1944 in what is known as "Sonderkomando" revolt.Other buildings (Kremas II,III and V) were apparently in process of being dismantled but I guess were blown as Soviet troops were fast approaching

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun May 01, 2005 4:00 pm)

I think when you retreat, you blow up anything that might be of use to the enemy.

The alleged gas chamber I recently studied on a thread here was meant to be a morgue, not a shower. But the Soviets could have used the space to store supplies. I think other alleged gas chambers were air raid shelters. All of which could have been of use to the Soviets.

Are you confusing the "disguised as showers" idea with actual "showers."?
----------
Johnng wrote:
One argument I heard was they had heard the rumours about gassings and thus blew up the showers in panic.

I find this strange in that they destroy the evidence that would have shown them to be innocent.

There were rumours of killings but the rumours didn't involve gas chambers at Auschwitz. That was the big surprise after the war I believe. Had their been wartime rumours of this, the people at the Red Cross Office on the Auschwitz property could have gone over to the alleged gas chambers and taken a look. In fact that's why the exterminationists had to pull the gas chamber TRUMP CARD later. Because the Red Cross Office was right there on the Auschwitz property! With people there that could report to the Red Cross headquarters. In other words the staff at Auschwitz had no idea this was going to be leveled at them.

I think the way it was put forth in the days after the war, is that the allies entered camps like Dachau and couldn't believe the killings going on, and then they heard from the Soviets about the same thing. Thus a lot of death camps were discovered. Strangely later they admitted that these camps in the West weren't killing camps. At the time the deaths they saw were of typhus and starvation. But finding a skeleton in a Dachau cremation oven had enough "suggestive power" to make everyone believe there was a deliberate attempt at genocide.
Here's an example from the holocaust museum: a picture of a skeleton in a cremation oven. A last minute burning of a starvation or typhus victim to avoid even more disease? Or a systematic extermination? You can see the suggestive power by going to this link: eventhough their side admits that Dachau wasn't an extermination camp with thousands dying in gas chambers. Yet the USHMM still puts that out there:
http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/index.php?ModuleId=10005151

It's something like this anyway. I may have some facts wrong in this post.

Johnng: If they blew up the "showers" or "chambers" to cover their tracks, why in the world would they have allowed so many camp inmates to survive to tell their tale? They're trying to get rid of the evidence right? Why did they let people like Elie Wiesel live to tell their tale? And please don't tell me it's because his value as a "manual laborer" was so essential.

I know the answer (but I still want to hear yours.) Because the camp officials didn't know that the Jews were going to make up an outrageous lie about Auschwitz.

And if they blew up the chambers to cover their tracks and destroyed all the records, why'd they leave the 7 tons of human hair? and pile of hair brushes and glasses? An oversight? An error on their part?

There's two questions to you in this post. I've tried hard to answer yours. Thanks.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”