Auschwitz clowns avoid the ovens

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Mark_Twain
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Auschwitz clowns avoid the ovens

Postby Mark_Twain » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun May 08, 2005 7:34 pm)

Auschwitz theater troupe escapes ovens

By playing clowns they were able to live

Guilt complex as they saw family and friends gassed

"Don't cry - I gave an SS guard $ 10 to give your Momma two wacks with
a hammer before she went into the ovens. She didn't feel a thing. "

More tall tales ?

Once upon a time there was a bunch of bad men that rounded up good jews and threw them in ovens. As they were dragging four Jews off to die the Jews put on red noses, announced they were from the circus, and made the guards laugh. “Achtung “ yelled the SS commandant – these jews made me laugh so no oven today.

For the nexct few years these circus clowns preformed for the Nazis and were spared.

Article
Members of the Israel theatre troupe "Pseek" rehearse a scene from the play "Court Jesters" in Jerusalem April 29, 2005.

The play is based on an account of Jews who survived the Auschwitz death camp by putting on clown performances for their Nazi captors. This year's ceremonies marking Holocaust Remembrance Day in Israel coincide with the 60th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz and the defeat of Nazi Germany in World War Two. Pseek will be performing "Court Jesters" in May. Picture taken April 29, 2005 and released on May 4, 2005. REUTERS/Gil Cohen Magen

http://www.reuters.com/newsPhotoPresentation.jhtml?type=topNews&imageID=1001876762

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun May 08, 2005 8:42 pm)

Yes, the ridiculous shenanigans that could supposedly save your life. That's good to mention this play.

I was a little disturbed with the phrase that starts out "don't cry..." though. Which isn't a line from the play.

AshesAreBurning

Postby AshesAreBurning » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun May 08, 2005 10:27 pm)

You're a bunch of scummy sick little bastards. You seek to reincarnate hatred by creating a hoax. I know this will get me banned so I finish by saying FUCK YOU!. Just know one thing, if one Jew is harmed as a result of this website, I will gladly act as witness to what has been posted here.

Nick Danger

Postby Nick Danger » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon May 09, 2005 12:40 am)

Ashes said:
Just know one thing, if one Jew is harmed as a result of this website, I will gladly act as witness to what has been posted here.

This is the most civilized discussion forum I've ever participated in.
You have nothing to fear except the truth. The world deserves the truth.

I hope you don't get banned for this outburst. Now go take a chill pill, relax and come back with a new attitude.

Learning can be painful. Good luck.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon May 09, 2005 1:14 am)

see:
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?p=13791
for comments.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon May 09, 2005 4:47 am)

I actually don't think AshesAreBurning should get banned for this. While I appreciated Mark Twain's post calling our attention to this Auschwitz Theater troupe, there was an offensive joke in there involving mothers. I actually on one level admire AshesAreBurning for getting mad about that and saying something that he knows will get him banned. Look how that contrasts to Abraham Bomba: sharp metal scissors in hand while cutting women's hair in the gas chamber, people he even knows, but never doing anything. Well the story is a lie anyway, but all the same. Ashes stood up for women in contrast to Bomba. LOL.

Moderator3

Postby Moderator3 » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon May 09, 2005 9:11 am)

Any responses to Ashes' diatribe should be done here:
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?p=13791
Let's try to keep this thread on topic.
M3

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon May 09, 2005 1:44 pm)

It's amazing that doctors, lawyers, will go to this play and believe every word and be emotionally moved.

Plus, a big aspect about Nazi culture is that they claimed Jews dominated theater and entertainment, and criticized that situation and what they saw as "Jewish content" in that. So do you really think they'd be fine with Jewish theater in the camp for the Nazi guards? One always hears about how Nazis liked the German composer Richard Wagner, in contrast to Jewish composers like Felix Mendelsohn. Would they also have had a Felix Mendelsohn concert in the camps for the German guards? This is not about whether you believe the Nazis were right or wrong to believe this. That's beside the point. The point is they wouldn't have surrounded themselves with a lot of Jewish vaudeville-style entertainment.

But the portrayal of the Nazi guards is so out of the realm of reality. It's like when you're watching a cartoon and some big brute that's about to kill the talking-mouse-character breaks out laughing and falls over clutching his sides in laughter and the mouse lives and then the cartoon ends. It's that cartoony scenario that they put into Auschwitz. That's so ridiculous. In fact I've never looked at it, but one of the biggest most prevalent pieces of Auschwitz literature is this comic called Maus. It's listed on college syllabi required reading all the time. It's in every bookstore. You're at the college level, and here's a mouse cartoon that's required reading in an English class to describe what Auschwitz was like. LOL. I'd say that's about the same thing as this clown troupe performance. It's amazing how gullible people are and what sorts of art and performance they're willing to digest.

steve
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby steve » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon May 09, 2005 7:32 pm)

I will comment on Ashes outburts in another thread, but, I have to make a confession. Ashes says, "You seek to reincarnate hatred by creating a hoax. " My confession is, is Mr. Twains post a hoax? Or is there really a play about jews being saved by dressing like clowns?

I mean, you must admit, despite all we've seen, even this sounds too ridiculous! However, the link does have "reuters.com" in its address. I have to assume that is from Reuters. Am I correct? Also, I have seen the midget story Hannover posted. So, surely, that is no less absurd than the Clown story.

But, again, the picture of those clowns, ... you gotta be kidding!

I even did a google search. There is a Pseek theatre in Israel. However, I did not see anything about Court Jesters.

So, I have to humbly ask, is this story really legitimate? Or is this a brilliant bit of humor by Mark Twain? (I know the first part of his post is, but is ALL of it a joke?) I have to admit, I really don't know!
(I think I'm going to feel silly however this is answered!)

I just read Carto's "It's amazing that doctors, lawyers, will go to this play and believe every word and be emotionally moved. " Since Carto is a very serious poster, it seems this is a true story. Or is Carto being tricked also? I don't know what to make of this!

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon May 09, 2005 8:48 pm)

You know it's true because of the Reuters source. But it's important to know how to read URL's (web addresses)

www.blahblah.reuters.com could be anything.
www.reuters.com would have to be reuters.
www.reuters.info could be anything.

steve
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby steve » 1 decade 4 years ago (Tue May 10, 2005 5:58 pm)

Carto, thanks for that bit of info. I did note the "reuters.com" but was still not sure.

Iggy

Postby Iggy » 1 decade 4 years ago (Tue May 10, 2005 6:04 pm)

Actually any URL ending in reuters.com is owned by Reuters, unless they're selling subdomains, which I seriously doubt.

reuters.info is probably not Reuters.

Not that it matters -- the mass media lies as much as anyone else.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri May 13, 2005 12:23 pm)

Hi Iggy,
You're right. It would be
www.reuters.blahblah.com
that could be anything.

So
www.reuters.to.com

would not likely be reuters.

but
www.to.reuters.com
would be reuters.

Iggy

Postby Iggy » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri May 13, 2005 2:37 pm)

Exactly!

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri May 13, 2005 3:01 pm)

Hey Iggy, welcome by the way.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”