Mencken's bathtub hoax: media and the holocaust

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 4 years ago (Tue May 17, 2005 3:10 pm)

Hi Hotzenplotz,

Some months ago, I typed the entire article here into revforum. Just do a search on "Remember Us" or Hecht, and you'll find it.

The play was meant to be real because it is paraphrasing all the stuff that was said in his February 1943 Reader's Digest article. Keep in mind that if it was published in Feb 1943, then it was written likely in Dec '42 or earlier. And you wached the video at USHMM, there they are in March 1943 mentioning the 2 million already killed and the 4 million about to be killed. What's not mentioned, (and we have David S. Wyman to thank for this info) is that the president's wife attended that, and so did 4 or 5 of the US Supreme Court justices.

Revisionists have always said that there was a Zionist connection to the holocaust story, and here it is as plain as day. Hecht was such a right wing nut, that even the Israeli government had to blow up his group's ship.

This story is so outrageous that if it was at IHR, I wouldn't expect anyone to believe it. But it's on the United States holocaust memorial Museum website.

The footage mentions Lublin. Wait till you read the Reader's Digest article and hear about Freiburg and other places. You're not going to believe your eyes.

Welcome to revisionism Hotzenplotz. It's a tough burden but truth is important and is connected to freedom.

Iggy

Postby Iggy » 1 decade 4 years ago (Tue May 17, 2005 6:55 pm)

Hecht's commander was none other than Menachem Begin, the first right-wing PM of Israel.

Hotzenplotz
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Hotzenplotz » 1 decade 4 years ago (Tue May 17, 2005 7:12 pm)

Carto's Cutlass Supreme wrote:Welcome to revisionism Hotzenplotz. It's a tough burden but truth is important and is connected to freedom.

Thanks.
Lying may be excusable sometimes. But I hate it when people succeed in making me believe their lies.

Richard Perle
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Richard Perle » 1 decade 4 years ago (Tue May 17, 2005 7:23 pm)

Hotzenplotz wrote:
Carto's Cutlass Supreme wrote:Welcome to revisionism Hotzenplotz. It's a tough burden but truth is important and is connected to freedom.

Thanks.
Lying may be excusable sometimes. But I hate it when people succeed in making me believe their lies.

I hear you on that. Not so long ago I had an irrational hatred of all things German, based entirely on what I had been told about WW2. I was livid when I first watched Schindler's List. These type of feelings were totally supported by mainstream culture where it is still acceptable to sneer at Germans.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 4 years ago (Tue May 17, 2005 10:28 pm)

Lying is the biggest evil in the world. Most people think violence is the worst thing in the world. But Lying sits on a tier above Violence. Liars can convince others to sacrifice their lives through violence, to support the liar's cause.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed May 18, 2005 4:08 am)

Iggy wrote:
Hecht's commander was none other than Menachem Begin, the first right-wing PM of Israel.

Yes, and then Hillel Kook and Begin had a falling out. I think that for awhile the Bergson people thought Kook could be the new leaders of Israel. But it didn't go down that way.

Can you imagine? Make up and promote the holocaust story in America and then after the war skip over to Palestine and be the new president of Israel. That's what Kook wanted. Maybe smarter people realized that would be too obviously transparent. Just imagine: instead of fighting during WWII, he was de facto propaganda minister in America, and for that he should be rewarded President of Israel. It maybe almost went down that way.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”