Goebbels' diaries and Nizkor's manipulations

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Goebbels' diaries and Nizkor's manipulations

Postby Hektor » 5 years 1 month ago (Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:19 am)

hermod wrote:...
It makes no sense to interpret isolated quotes. It's like interpreting the movie "Fight Club" without watching the final 20 minutes.

Read this: http://codoh.com/library/series/3110/ (also here: http://inconvenienthistory.com/archive/ ... e_jews.php - http://inconvenienthistory.com/archive/ ... jews_2.php)

In those articles, Thomas Dalton gathered all the quotes about Jews in Goebbels' diaries. If you read the whole thing, you'll see that Goebbels was a rabid antisemite who wished the physical liquidation of Europe's Jews (nothing new) and his most sinister quotes (the ones quoted ad nauseam by websites such as nizkor) don't describe what the Nazis were doing to the Jews (but what he wished). The quote above illustrates this very well ("as far as I am concerned", "it would be best").
And someone with an affinity to exaggerated language to make a point.

From your links (closing statement):
As explained in Part 1 of this article, Goebbels’s diaries, like Hitler’s ‘table talk’ reflections, are not well known or citied, even among the so-called experts. I think we can now see why: these entries offer very little support for the orthodox view, and raise lots of troublesome issues that must be explained away—not the least of which is the fact that, if we are to believe the exterminationists, Goebbels systematically lied to himself or otherwise falsified his own private diary, for years, for the sake of some unknown future events. This is simply not credible. Nor is the possibility that he was unaware of the mass killing that was allegedly happening. By all reasonable indications, the revisionist account—the literal reading of the diary—is most likely true.
All of this might come to light if the Goebbels diaries were published in English, in full, with an honest translation. But don’t hold your breath. I contacted the people at Saur in Germany, asking about this. I received a terse one-sentence reply:[9] “The title Goebbels Tagebücher will not be published in an English version.”

fountainhead

Postby fountainhead » 5 years 1 month ago (Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:07 pm)

hermod wrote:In those articles, Thomas Dalton gathered all the quotes about Jews in Goebbels' diaries. If you read the whole thing, you'll see that Goebbels was a rabid antisemite who wished the physical liquidation of Europe's Jews (nothing new) and his most sinister quotes (the ones quoted ad nauseam by websites such as nizkor) don't describe what the Nazis were doing to the Jews (but what he wished). The quote above illustrates this very well ("as far as I am concerned", "it would be best").

Thanks hermod. I actually hadn't considered that angle but it makes sense. With Goebbels expressing a desire to kill Jews, in the same breath, he is implying that it is not actually being done at the time of the entry.
Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.

Dutch beginner

Postby Dutch beginner » 3 years 6 months ago (Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:42 pm)

In the Dutch book: Holocaust herzien (Holocaust revised)(writer unknown) it is mentioned that the Goebbels diary was provided with a qualification, made by the American government regarding the example in possession of the US, that the authencity of the diary could not be guaranteed.

I quote: "The US government neither warrants nor guarantees the authenticity of this document".

That means that the diary could be considered as poisoned fruit.

See page 1038:
Moreover, it should be noted that the relevant copy of the "Diary of Goebbels' , which is in USA possession, is stamped:" The US government neither warrants nor Guarantees the authenticity of this document "

The footnote source:
Rimland, dr. I. Christopher Browning: ein unwissende Experte. Vierteljähreshefte für Freie
Geschichtsforschung 1997. 1e jrg., nr. 4, dec. 1997. http://www.vho.org/VffG/1997/4/4_97.html
Browning gestand ein, nicht zu wissen, daß die US-Regierung die aufgefundenen Tagebücher Goebbels mit dem Stempel »The US government neither warrants nor guarantees the authenticity of this document« (Die US-Regierung kann die Echtheit dieses Dokumentes weder gewährleisten noch garantieren) versah. Trotzdem, so erläuterte der Verteidiger Douglas Christie, verläßt er sich verstärkt auf diese Tagebücher, um seine Holocaust-Theorie zu stützen.

However, the diary of Goebbels also mentioned an interview in which Hitler informed him on April 11 1938 that the 'Final Solution' of the Jewish question still was to transfer the Jews to Madagascar.

Even in July 1942, two months after that island was occupied by the British (and a half year after Goebbels citation (used by Nizkor as proof of the holocaust)) Goebbels wrote in his diary!: Hitler insisted that settlement Madagascar is the final solution for the Jews.2247
Source 2247: Irving, David. Revelations from Goebbels’ Diary. Journal of Historical Review. http://ihr.org/jhr/v15/v15n1p-2_Irving.html

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”