alleged death camps and rail gauges

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
PLAYWRIGHT
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PLAYWRIGHT » 1 decade 3 years ago (Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:22 am)

There's some confusion here, and I know what it is.

The Stroop Report states that Warsaw Jews were sent to Treblinka. That is an S.S. record, not a railroad record.

On CBS News a few weeks ago, they got a brief tour of the Aronson archive, and were shown the paperwork on an elderly Austrian Jewish woman, the paperwork trail ending with her being sent by rail to Treblinka. Again, that's an S.S. record, not a railroad record.

Under Nazi Germany, the railroads, ALL of them, including the Polish railroads, were privately owned. During deportations, the S.S. had to pay the railroads for the service, quite a bit too if I remember correctly. The records were also privately owned.

The records of people sent to Treblinka are, to the best of my recollection, entirely S.S. records. I don't remember seeing any waybills, dispatch orders, or other railroad records associated with deportations.

That's probably why we don't have the orders for empty trains returning to Warsaw, we also don't have the orders for full trains leaving in the first place. Even if Jews were being deported rather than exterminated, empty trains STILL had to return to the staging yards back in Warsaw. That's where an empty train goes - to a staging yard, where it's broken up and reformed into new trains. But the record for either movement would be found in railroad, not S.S. archives.

What I've seen are S.S. reports. S.S. reports are not railroad records, those I havn't seen. In fact, I have no clue if anybody ever went looking for them, or knows where they are.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:59 am)

The records of people sent to Treblinka are, to the best of my recollection, entirely S.S. records. I don't remember seeing any waybills, dispatch orders, or other railroad records associated with deportations.

Danuta Czech's use of train records in her 'Auschwitz Chronicle' indicate that names were included in the records.

Remember, the camps and the workforce within them were administered by the SS, they necesarily kept records of labor coming and going. If the SS kept specific records, including names of those deportated to labor camps, they also would have kept records of all those transferred to other camps. Keeping track of labor was primary for the SS in the work camps. There also had to be telegrams/wires sent to the other camps notifying the local commandant of the numbers of workers enroute ... hmm.

That's probably why we don't have the orders for empty trains returning to Warsaw, we also don't have the orders for full trains leaving in the first place. Even if Jews were being deported rather than exterminated, empty trains STILL had to return to the staging yards back in Warsaw. That's where an empty train goes - to a staging yard, where it's broken up and reformed into new trains. But the record for either movement would be found in railroad, not S.S. archives.

What I've seen are S.S. reports. S.S. reports are not railroad records, those I havn't seen. In fact, I have no clue if anybody ever went looking for them, or knows where they are.

No one is talking about 'orders', we're talking about manifests ... contents.

The SS would necessarily keep records of labor supply transfers. That labor transfers occurred is begrudgingly admitted by True Believers. So where are the SS records?

The 'it's the railroad company who kept records' is hardly an excuse in any circumstances. All records were necessary in order to get paid by the government. Records were necessary to keep track of load/space availabilities, supplies to those on the trains, use of labor in running and servicing the trains, roll calls after stops to be sure everyone was aboard, etc.

All industries within NS Germany have been scrutinized ad nauseum for their supposed links to the so called 'holocaust', can anyone really think that the railroad records haven't been seized and pored over?

They're hiding something.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”