National Geographic

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
disillusioned

National Geographic

Postby disillusioned » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:33 am)

I don't have a copy of the magazine in front of me.

The September 2005 issue contains a letter from a reader asking why, in a pevious article, NG published such low numbers for the number of people killed in Auschwitz. The reader was referring to a prior issue of the magazine. Apparently in the original story there was a photo of the plaque that indicates 4 million people died there.

NG responded with a statement that most historians agree that the numbers were overblown by the communists and that the actual number is 1.1 - 1.5 million.

I'll try to get a copy of the magazine this evening.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:40 am)

The NG should stick to shiney photos of Bushmen & cheetahs, they can't support the claim of 1 person gassed at Auschwitz, let alone absurd 1.1 - 1.5 million.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

PLAYWRIGHT
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PLAYWRIGHT » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:25 pm)

In April, 1974, National Geographic published an article entitled "Damascus, Syria's Uneasy Eden"

Journalist Robert Azzi, a man with decades of experience in the Middle East, wrote in the article that "...the city still tolerently embraces significant numbers of Jews" and that Sephardic Jews enjoy "...freedom of worship and freedom of opportunity".

As a result of this, National Geographic had to endure a savage campaign of intimidation by several Jewish groups, including a picket line outside of their Washington offices by the American Jewish Congress. The campaign even included a death threat against the National Geographic Society president, Gilbert Grosvenor.

The article had been cross-checked for accuracy with both Western diplomats and the State Department, but American Jews didn't care. An article that represented Syrian Jews as anything else but a savagely repressed minority contradicted their official propaganda, and they wouldn't have it. In the end, NG did print a follow-up article on the "harsh conditions" that Syrian Jews face, based not on evidence from Syrian Jews but from American Jewish organizations.

So, basically, NG, a magazine simply not used to controversy, has had to endure the whiplash of Zionist intimidation, and I imagine that they had worries about the listed article.

For the full story of the Jewish attack on National Geographic, see Paul Findley's They Dare Speak Out, pages 304-306.

Juan
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Juan » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:36 pm)

As with the Holycow, reality is distorted, invented, and denied for the sake of political convenience.

J William
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby J William » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:20 am)

National Geographic has run two articles on Berlin, one in the 1960s and another in, I believe, the 1980s. Unfortunately my wife has disposed of our back copies. In one of the articles it was stated that 5,000 Jews living openly as Jews survived the war in Berlin. It struck me as odd as the official line was "extermination" for any and all Jews. A picture with the article showed the tombstone of a Jewish girl killed in the Soviet onslaught of Berlin in April, 1945..

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 4 years ago (Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:43 pm)

In the September 2005 issue of NG a reader asked how NG had obtained the information on the reduction of victims at Auschwitz from 4 million to over one million in the earlier article. Here was the editorial answer:

"After the fall of the Polish communist government in 1989, the truth about the number of people killed at Auschwitz was revealed. The communist government had inflated the number of non-Jewish Poles who were killed at the camp. Holocaust historians now agree that between 1.1 and 1.5 million people were killed at Auschwitz, most of them Jews."

This clearly indicates that NG is relying on Holocaust promotion sources for its information and that the termites are probably inside the NG house; "it was all the fault of the nasty communmist Poles", no explanation of who "revealed" the lower figures which might require noticing the claims of those terrible Holocaust "deniers" who had been pointing the errors out for years. And of course if the communists lied about this, what other lies did they tell about "the Holocaust".

Numerous Jewish sources backed up the original exagerrated claims and asserted that most of the victims were Jews of course. The lies continue.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”