Irving's 26 FREE books proves experience and dedication

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Vallon
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Vallon » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:03 pm)

Irving's site is online again.

(Maybe it was just a matter of transferring to money for the December bill.)

http://www.fpp.co.uk/

PLAYWRIGHT
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PLAYWRIGHT » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:18 am)

Although I should have done it years ago, I'm now reading UPRISING! ONE NATION'S NIGHTMARE: Hungary, 1956 (1981)

This is the best history book I've read since Michael Gannon's OPERATION DRUMBEAT.

It's true, Irving really DOES go straight to the source of history for original material. And anybody who think's he's got the slightest sympathy for totalarian goverments simply hasn't read what he thinks of the Communist party, and while he's done great bio's of German leaders, it's obvious he has no love for the Nazi's either.

God, has this guy been slandered.

And, I think we can be of good faith on his fortunes. First, in this book alone, he's interviewed dozens of people who were arrested for what they wrote, and forced to write humilating apologies. In other words, he knows the drill, straight from those who've experienced it, and I bet he's got a surprise for the Austrians.

Secondly, forced apologies done under duress are worthless. We're all familiar with how Galileo was forced to apologize and repudiate the heliocentric theory. It mattered for nothing, except to make the Catholic Church look like fools.

If the rest of Irving's books are this good, he need not worry about his place as a historian. The books speak for themselves.

Gertrud

Postby Gertrud » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:52 pm)

Vallon wrote:Image
I found a blown-up sample of Goebbels' handwriting, and I see that it is difficult to read. I can make out the following:
? Hinrich Lohse

In alter Kameradschaft und herzlicher Freundschaft
zur Erinnerung an viele ???? ?????

Indeed, Goebbels' handwriting needs some practice.

It says "Pg. Hinrich Lohse / In alter Kameradschaft und herzlicher Freundschaft / zur Erinnerung an viele gemeinsame Kampfaktionen"
In the Piper paperback edition of the diaries (5 vols, ed. R. G. Reuth) there are quite a few lacunae.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”