Irving's 26 FREE books proves experience and dedication

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
theTRUTH
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Irving's 26 FREE books proves experience and dedication

Postby theTRUTH » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:33 pm)

26 of David Irving’s books published over 43 years from 1963 to 2005 that were praised by military leaders and historians, were FREE on-line until Dec. 1st, 1005. Irving is the world’s most experienced WW2 historian who reads early script-German and uses original documents and personal diaries, so when he comments on WW2 subjects, readers believe he must have strong supporting evidence.
(1) Apocalypse 1945: The Destruction of Dresden
Few had heard of the horrific Dresden bombing before the 1963 book’s publication. High winds sucked tens of thousands into the 1600 degree firestorm. Thousands of bodies that had not vaporized were cremated on Altmarkt square. Sir Arthur Harris, Commander-in-Chief of Bomber Command, afterwards described the author as the only historian whom he would trust.

(2) Hitler's War
First published in 1977, revised 2001. Over 1,000 pages, 60 illustrations, and 40 pages of rare photos. Irving found no discussion papers or orders from Hitler about mass murders in detention camps or anywhere else, and although he has been criticized, mass murder orders from Hitler have never been published anywhere.

(3) The Secret Diaries of Hitler's Doctor
This volume is based on David Irving's exclusive discovery of the long lost diaries of Professor Theo Morell, Hitler's physician. It is a slightly abridged version of the 1983 first edition.

(4) Churchill's War Vol. I: Struggle for Power
(5) Churchill's War Vol. II: Triumph in Adversity
(Three Volume Series)

(6) Goebbels. Mastermind of the Third Reich
As a memorial to his oldest daughter Josephine (1963-1999). In 1992 Irving was one of 3 men in the world who could read Goebbels old-script handwriting when he translated 75,000 pages of Goebbels long-lost diaries in the Moscow archives. Book was not published in America due to an intense lobbying campaign by opposing groups.

(7) The Trail of the Fox: Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
The son of a schoolmaster, Field Marshal Erwin Rommel is considered by many to be the greatest military mind of the 20th century, a living legend both to his countrymen and his enemies. In this definitive biography, David Irving separates the myth from the man.

(8) Uprising! The Hungarian Revolution of 1956
This is the full story of the Hungarians' spontaneous rebellion. Irving was the first Western historian permitted to visit Budapest and view classified material on the revolution. He also tracked down and interviewed eye-witnesses and survivors, and obtained new documents and photos from them. He reveals that the uprising was fueled in no small part by anti-Semitism.
also Hungarian edition, publ. 2003, and German edition:

(9) Göring. A Biography
"A very personal biography. Irving proves that Göring was, and is, an enigma. He survived in Irving's judgment through cunning, cruelty, a prodigious amorality and Hitler's loyalty. Irving's research is awesome." (Prof. Larry Thompson, Chicago Tribune)
"A goldmine for aficionados of Nazi Germany." (Prof. Donald C. Watt, Sunday Times)

(10) The Rise and Fall of the Luftwaffe
A fascinating look at the architect of both the Luftwaffe and Lufthansa. David Irving writes: "I visited [Erhard Milch] in 1967 in his Dusseldorf apartment, where he lived with his niece, and he showed me a suitcase full of the diaries. He explained however that he was retaining them strictly for the use of whoever would write his biography. I volunteered at once, and thus came into possession of the diaries...."

(11) Hess: The Missing Years 1941-1945
Never published in the US due to a clumsy mailing mishap by Macmillan, this book appeared in Britain on the death of Rudolf Hess after 47 years in Spandau prison. Irving was the first to use the secret British archives and the entire medical diaries of his captors. Hess was found strangled in a prison outbuilding in August 1987.

(12) The Trail of the Fox
The son of a schoolmaster, Field Marshal Erwin Rommel is considered by many to be the greatest military mind of the 20th century, a living legend both to his countrymen and his enemies. In this definitive biography, David Irving separates the myth from the man.
"A fascinating study of the brilliant Rommel. It enables the reader to experience the emotions of a warrior in battle." (Mark W. Clark, General, U.S. Army, ret.)
"I am tremendously impressed. A superb character study and fine work." (Matthew B. Ridgway, Gen.l, U.S. Army, ret.)

(13) Nuremberg, the Last Battle
The cover shows Justice Robert H. Jackson delivering his opening speech at Nuremberg in November 1945.

(14) The War Between the Generals
A look inside the Allied high command. Some of their fiercest battles were fought against each other, but this was covered up. Not until David Irving began his research did the full truth emerge. Prepare to be surprised!

(15) The Destruction of Convoy PQ.17
Of some 38 ships that sailed in PQ.17, nearly all were sunk, each having gone her separate way after the convoy was scattered. This is a gripping story of invididual heroism by members of an unsung breed of brave men, the sailors of the British and American merchant navies. The victim of a famous libel action.

(16) The Night the Dams Burst
The true story of the dambusters, 617 Squadron, who flew low with bombs that skipped over water to blow holes in some of the largest German hydro-electric dams. First published as a London Sunday Express serial.

(17) The Virus House
How close were the Germans to having the bomb? Nobel Prize winner Werner Heisenberg published a glowing half-page review of this book in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. Don't miss the courageous British Commando attack on the Rjukan heavy-water factory in Norway. Illustrated with photos and diagrams. Better than any thriller.
(18) Accident: The Death of General Sikorski
The Polish prime minister-in-exile died in a plane-crash upon takeoff from Gibraltar. Was it in fact an accident? The sole survivor of the crash, the Czech pilot, considered issuing a libel writ against Irving but realised that what he had written was simply not open to challenge in the British courts.

(19) The Mare's Nest
The story of Hitler's V-weapons the British Intelligence attack on them. The first edition had to be cleared by the Ministry of Defence, the Cabinet Office, the Foreign Office and the Prime Minister. This is the 1985 edition, with the excised portions put back in.

(20) The Biography of Erhard Milch
From previously unpublished diaries.

(21) The Memoirs of Field Marshal Keitel
From Keitel’s diaries and memoirs shows his battlefield strategies and cunning.

German Language books:

(22) Der unbekannte Dr Goebbels.
Die geheimgehaltenen Tagebücher des Jahres 1938.
The Goebbels diaries.

(23) Wie krank war Hitler wirklich? - The previous similar book.

(24) Der Morgenthau Plan - 1944/45
Irving’s facsimile record and commentary on the infamous American policy for Germany written by U.S. Secretary Henry Morgenthau.

(25) Das Reich hört mit. Görings "Forschungsamt": Der geheimste Nachrichtendienst des Dritten Reiches.
David Irving's pioneering history of the Nazi wiretap and codebreaking agency - only in German.

(26) Von Guernica bis Vietnam (German edition)
Taschengeschichte des Luftkriegs gegen Zivilisten
The history of aerial bombardment of civilian targets from Guernica to Vietnam.

Vallon
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Vallon » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:55 pm)

theTRUTH wrote:Irving is the world’s most experienced WW2 historian who reads early script-German

You are joking?

theTRUTH
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby theTRUTH » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:17 pm)

From the number of books and diversity of subjects, Irving is the world's most experienced WW2 historian, and in 1992 Irving was one of 3 people in the world who could read Goebbel's early-script writing, the other 2 being university linguists. I stand by my statement.

Vallon
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Vallon » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:17 pm)

Check for yourself:
http://www.codoh.com/graphics/goebdiaries.GIF

Even at this resolution it is not too difficult to make out the words cited in the caption.
There is nothing special about Goebbels' way of writing.

Irving is boastful of his own powers, as usual.
(These are the invaluable plates that Irving clandestinely took out from the archives and hid in some shrubbery.)

ClaudiaRothenbach
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby ClaudiaRothenbach » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:25 pm)

Check for yourself:
http://www.codoh.com/graphics/goebdiaries.GIF

Even at this resolution it is not too difficult to make out the words cited in the caption.
All right then. Tell us what Göbbels wrote (see the facsimile page on your .gif).

Thank you!
"Everything has already been said, but not yet by everyone." - Karl Valentin

Vallon
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Vallon » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:13 pm)

4 September 1939 (Mo)

Gestern: in aller Herrgottsfrühe heraus. London hat um 9h ein Ulti-
matum bis 11h an uns gerichtet; Schluß der Kampfhandlungen und
Zurückziehung der Truppen. Sonst Krieg.

Of course I copied that. But the only reason that I cannot make out the next paragraph is the resolution of the image.

theTRUTH
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby theTRUTH » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:50 pm)

Irving has studied 1930's and '40's personal diaries and documents for 55 years so he knows that some German words and phrases have slightly different meanings today, whereas most historians just copy each other's factoids and footnotes, and do not view original diaries so they do not know the WW2 meanings of different words. For example, almost all historians translate Hitler’s oft-used word "Ausrottung" as "exterminate", while Irving showed that during WW2 it also meant "grow weak", "emaciate", or "extirpate", which are different meanings.

Also Irving is able to read the WW2 writing-styles of capital and small-case letters, some of which slightly changed from the later 1940's to the '60's.

Irving was told by a linguist he was only one of 3 people in the world who could correctly read, interpret, and translate Goebbel's diaries.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:34 pm)

I agree. Irving's contributions are huge. That a famous self-taught historian went to the revisionist side is a big deal.

That codoh link looks like a magazine article, and it says that the way Goebbels wrote is such, that few can read his writing--only a couple people-- due to his writing style and maybe his writing style within early script German. So it's not because it's early script German as much as it's Goebbel's writing style.

theTRUTH
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby theTRUTH » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:46 am)

Irving's contributions are huge. That a famous self-taught historian went to the revisionist side is a big deal.

He is being attacked in the media because they KNOW he is the most well-known and credible WW2 historian, who did not have to come over to the Revisionist side, but feels strongly enough that he sacrificed his livelihood and maybe his freedom for 20 years when he could have just repeated the Holocaust lies and continued to sell his new books around the world.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:16 am)

That's so true.

And his Real History Conferences did a lot of good also.

He's been the victim of meanspiritedness for awhile now. Can you imagine, you lose a court case and within weeks somebody is coming into your house and seizing your library and your in-progress manuscript? That's what happened to him. If it had been any other person, I bet that would have never happened. I'll bet a person could look up the court records and find similar cases where nothing like that seizure of property happened. It's similar to Zundel in Tennessee: how often do you see the INS (immigration service) tracking someone down in a home. Never. But with Zundel they did.

Daniel Saez Lorente

Postby Daniel Saez Lorente » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:00 am)

Of course I copied that. But the only reason that I cannot make out the next paragraph is the resolution of the image.

In other words, you cannot necessarily read it. Can you read any of the German handwriting styles of the first half of the 20th century?
I have a book on them entitled WIR LESEN DEUTSCHE SCHRIFT, and these styles are incomprehensible even if you can read ordinary German handwriting. It is much worse than printed Gothic script.
There are at least 3 styles of this, in which the letters are totally unreadable to modern people. I know a German who says she cannot read her grandmother's handwriting. I think very few modern Germans could read these handwriting styles without special study and practice. It is quite difficult.

Richard Perle
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Richard Perle » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:39 am)

Since it would be somewhat on topic here, would the moderators allow for discussion of the things Irving allegedly did to distort history? I still don't know what he is supposed to have done, and I don't know which sources to trust. I don't trust Irving and certainly not Lipstadt to give an objective view.

grenadier
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby grenadier » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:25 pm)

Richard Perle wrote:
Since it would be somewhat on topic here, would the moderators allow for discussion of the things Irving allegedly did to distort history? I still don't know what he is supposed to have done, and I don't know which sources to trust. I don't trust Irving and certainly not Lipstadt to give an objective view.

Richard, I suppose the best way to decide is to read the trial transcripts
and the little booklet Irving prepared for his appeal. I have read
parts of it and I can tell you; most of the "distorting
history allegations don't hold up. Evan's expert report is full of errors,
distortions and the like. For example, the allegations that Irving
misrepresented the Dresden holocaust in the first edition of the book to draw a "moral equivalency" with the jewish Holocaust were complete lies.
It is just that Lipstadt, in her world, cannot imagine how anything else than Jewish suffering could ever legitimately be called a holocaust.
Plus, if one would use Evan's criteria to his own work, it would not
do well. What about Holocaust historians? I asure you they would all
flunk.
Read the transcripts, you'll spot the tremendous hipocrisy and
double standarts used.
In the end, even the unbiased( yeah right) judge Grey cut the number
of "distortionns" down to 12 if I remember correctly. Of these, most are not even mistakes at all.

It is not bad at all when you consider that some historians make more
mistakes than that in a single book.

Vallon
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Vallon » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:34 pm)

Daniel Saez Lorente wrote:In other words, you cannot necessarily read it. Can you read any of the German handwriting styles of the first half of the 20th century?
I have decifered 16th century handwriting. Legibility does not depend on how old it is.

I found a blown-up sample of Goebbels' handrwriting, and I see that it is difficult to read. I can make out the following:
? Hinrich Lohse

In alter Kameradschaft und herzlicher Freundschaft
zur Erinnerung an viele ???? ?????

Indeed, Goebbels' handwriting needs some practice.

Richard Perle
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Richard Perle » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:06 pm)

grenadier wrote:Richard, I suppose the best way to decide is to read the trial transcripts
and the little booklet Irving prepared for his appeal. I have read
parts of it and I can tell you; most of the "distorting
history allegations don't hold up. Evan's expert report is full of errors,
distortions and the like. For example, the allegations that Irving
misrepresented the Dresden holocaust in the first edition of the book to draw a "moral equivalency" with the jewish Holocaust were complete lies.
It is just that Lipstadt, in her world, cannot imagine how anything else than Jewish suffering could ever legitimately be called a holocaust.
Plus, if one would use Evan's criteria to his own work, it would not
do well. What about Holocaust historians? I asure you they would all
flunk.
Read the transcripts, you'll spot the tremendous hipocrisy and
double standarts used.
In the end, even the unbiased( yeah right) judge Grey cut the number
of "distortionns" down to 12 if I remember correctly. Of these, most are not even mistakes at all.

It is not bad at all when you consider that some historians make more
mistakes than that in a single book.

Orthodox history books must be absolutely littered with inaccuracies.
I downloaded Irving's appeal booklet but the weird stuffit format he uses I was unable to install the software for.
I find it especially ironic that the holocaust industry attacks Irving for inflating numbers of dead.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”