Absurd Holocaust Photographs

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Depth Charge
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Absurd Holocaust Photographs

Postby Depth Charge » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:27 pm)

I just found this photo and after just giving it some attention for a while, i find it laughable. Here are a few things i've picked up on.

1) The expression of the men, they are about to be murdered. What gives? Self explanatory even to the most naive surely?

2) The physical state of the men. Historical 'fact' has it that selection for the gas chamber was based on your physical condition. Historical 'fact' has taught me that human beings were near skeletons upon entering these chambers, look at the man front centre, the man is even slightly overweight.

3) Another look at the man in the middle. Historical 'fact' has taught me that people entered gas chambers disguised as showers. Why, then is the man in the picture wearing clothes.

4) Why do these man have hair? Isn't it said heads were shaved before gassings?

5) How was this picture taken? Was the photographer immune to poison gas? Was he donning a gas-mask? Wouldn't the flash from the camera have created a massive explosion? Was this taken through a window? If so where? What camp?

6) The 'gas', apparently seen circulating the room. The problem with that is that the gas allegedly used cannot be seen by the naked eye.

Utterly pathetic. Does anyone have any more info on this particular farce of a photo?

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:47 pm)

Jordan wrote:1) The expression of the men, they are about to be murdered. What gives? Self explanatory even to the most naive surely?

2) The physical state of the men. Historical 'fact' has it that selection for the gas chamber was based on your physical condition. Historical 'fact' has taught me that human beings were near skeletons upon entering these chambers, look at the man front centre, the man is even slightly overweight.

Yes, these men seem to be utterly calm, yet they are far from the "muselman" stereotype.

Also note that the "gas chamber" does not seem very packed at all.

3) Another look at the man in the middle. Historical 'fact' has taught me that people entered gas chambers disguised as showers. Why, then is the man in the picture wearing clothes.

I would say it's pretty likely that the other men are also wearing trousers. Perhaps this photo has been cropped. If so, does anyone know an uncropped version?

5) How was this picture taken? Was the photographer immune to poison gas? Was he donning a gas-mask? Wouldn't the flash from the camera have created a massive explosion? Was this taken through a window? If so where? What camp?

6) The 'gas', apparently seen circulating the room. The problem with that is that the gas allegedly used cannot be seen by the naked eye.

IIRC, this photo is most often claimed to show Jews being gassed inside a "gas van" utilizing exhaust gas, which would account for the gas being visible. However, can any sane person imagine this picture actually being taken in the back of a truck by a German soldier standing there amongst his victims - with the exhaust gas actually pouring in at the same time? With these men only standing there, calmly posing for the camera? Not even reacting to the smelly exhaust gas? And how come the lighting is so good (even a good flash couldn't account for this, since the inside of the mobile gas chamber would most likely be in complete darkness)? Did they place spotlights inside of the mobile gas chamber? This is truelly beyond absurd... :shock:

I would say this is a cheaply produced Soviet propaganda forgery, probably showing some men (Jews? Perhaps, perhaps not) in a sauna.

Depth Charge
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Depth Charge » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:01 pm)

The Sauna. Good point, didn't Auschwitz (or was it Treblinka) have such facilities?

Vallon
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Vallon » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:16 pm)

This photo is usually credited to the Polish "Main Commission for the Investigation of Nazi War Crimes", and is then said to show men in a Chelmno gas van.

I am curious about all these photos attributed to the main commission. I found one leaf of their collection shown here:
http://www.cjvma.org/e/albums/kleinmann/051-066.html

Are these sheets on line somewhere?

Depth Charge
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Depth Charge » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:19 pm)

I have taken up this issue/discussion here. The people responding are particularly annoying.

http://www.discussanything.com/forums/s ... ost1205738

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:19 pm)

Sauna? Dressed? I doubt it.

No, it's simply a staged photo, like all the other garbage that's miscaptioned and / or staged.

Have a look at the drawn in smoke coming out of a fence post in my avatar for a great example of attempts to manufacture evidence. The stupid schmucks can't even get their forgeries right. Then there is the debunked altered aerial photos. Oh boy, do we have them cold.
for more on this see:
'fake Wiesenthal Center photo - smoke / then no smoke'
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=1060

Only liars with no evidence attempt such tactics.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Depth Charge
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Depth Charge » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:38 pm)

Here we are Hannover, i had the url to a larger version close at hand.

Real

Fake

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:45 pm)

Jordan,

Thanks, but perhaps you should have looked at my posted link:
'fake Wiesenthal Center photo - smoke / then no smoke'
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=1060

- Hannover

Depth Charge
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Depth Charge » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:47 pm)

Ah yes, sorry missed your url at the bottom there. You wouldn't happen to have anything on Auschwitz "re-touched" aerial photos, though, would you?

Personally i haven't seen very much in this area...

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:49 pm)

Jordan,
Have a look here:

Altered WWII Aerial Photos - The 'Smoking Guns'
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=506

The Revisionist Forum covers all the bases.

- Hannover

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:12 pm)

Hannover wrote:Sauna? Dressed? I doubt it.

I don't think it's a photo taken of a bunch of guys in a sauna who are there to take a steam bath. I meant that it could have been shot in a sauna. Of course it could have been staged anywhere else.

Some further comments on this photo:

- There seems to be a part of some kind of stamp in the lower left of this photo. The letters "kre" are visible.

- What is the origin of this photo? Who took it? Where exatcly was it supposedly taken, and when? Who later supposedly "found" it? What captions has been put under it?

- Note that while the older man in the middle of this pictures seems to stare vacantly in the direction of the camera, the three men visible behind and to the right of him are staring attentively at the camera/photographer. Are we to believe that these people, while obviously aware of their imminent death, were interested in having their photo taken?

- Why would the Germans take a photo such as this? If they were going to show to their superiors in Berlin that gassings were in progress, wouldn't it be sufficient to take before and after shot, one of the Jews entering the truck, one of the corpses being dragged out? Why making themselves the trouble of taking a photo inside the truck while a gassing was in progress? This reminds me of the bizarre claim (written about in the Northern California Jewish Bulletin in 1997, see http://www.vho.org/aaargh/fran/revu/TI97/TI970823.html ) that the Yad Vashem has a Sacred Movie Reel depicting a homicidal gassing kept in the holiest of holies, footage that never has been shown... :roll: IIRC, the photo above is the only one that has been claimed to depict an actual homicidal gassing. But if the Germans took photographs of the supposedly superduper secret extermination process, why is this piece of nonsense the only photograph that as ever surfaced?

It might seem a bit surprising that the Soviet propaganda machine did not manufacture more "gassing photos", but I think the reason for this is that they would have been exposed non-stop to the public because of their supposedly sensational nature. If those fakes were all as bizarre as the picture above, sooner or later lots of people would have caught that they were forgeries. Better then to "keep the gas chambers from prying eyes", as Wiesel stated, and leave hints of unseen footage &c to prey upon the imagination of the Average Joe. This tactic, based on the enormous power of superstition, collective nightmares and good old illusionism (no hay banda!) has worked well for the last 60 years.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm)

The Einsatzgruppen Archives claims that it shows Jews awaiting death inside a gas van in Chelmno:

http://www.einsatzgruppenarchives.com/gasvanphoto.html

The VHO site seems to be down right now, but a debunking of the "gas vans" can be found in Dissecting the Holocaust, pp.215-242. Ingrid Weckert's debunking of the Chelmno extermination claims can be found in The Revisionist 1(4) (2003), pp. 400-412.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:53 pm)

Vallon wrote:I am curious about all these photos attributed to the main commission. I found one leaf of their collection shown here:

http://www.cjvma.org/e/albums/kleinmann/051-066.html

Seeing this photo, I first thought it was supposed to show a mound of ashes. However, the caption provided at the page Vallon linked to reads as follows:

Piles of shoes found after the liberation of Gross-Rosen. About half of the shoes belonged to children. More than 1,200,000 Jewish children were murdered during the Shoah. (Main Commission for the Investigation of Nazi War Crimes, after February 13 1945, R. no. x 260, x 265; Neg. no. 3416)

= undeniable proof of the "Shoa"! :shock: (or was that "Shoe-a" :lol: )

Btw Mr Vallon, to reconnect to topic, do You think that the photo in the original post of this thread actually show Jews inside a gas van at Chelmno? Just curious...

Vallon
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Vallon » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:30 pm)

Laurentz Dahl wrote:This reminds me of the bizarre claim (written about in the Northern California Jewish Bulletin in 1997, see http://www.vho.org/aaargh/fran/revu/TI97/TI970823.html ) that the Yad Vashem has a Sacred Movie Reel depicting a homicidal gassing kept in the holiest of holies, footage that never has been shown...
It does not actually say that. The quote is:
In an article in the Northern California Jewish Bulletin of April 18, 1997 devoted to the antirevisionist struggle in the classroom, one may read: "No gas chambers or crematoria were left standing. Only one film of actual killings -- four minutes long and housed in the Yad Vashem archives -- exists."

I think this refers to an Einsatzgruppen killing (or was it Lithuanians). I have seen that on the USHMM site. Search for Liepaja.
Btw Mr Vallon, to reconnect to topic, do You think that the photo in the original post of this thread actually show Jews inside a gas van at Chelmno? Just curious...
I agree with the objection that the lighting is too good. It seems that almost nothing is known about the provenance of this photo. I cannot even find it on the USHMM site.

Speeder

Postby Speeder » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:13 pm)

Not the Shoes again, it seems evey camp had a pile, if I recall correctly it was claimed by Browning at the Irving trial, that the shoe mountain at Treblinka was over 40 metres high, ho hum imagine having to put the shoes from the days killings on top of the pile. Funny how no shoe mountaineers "survived".

It seems every camp has their own shoe mountain; heres one at Neuengamme which has never been regarded to be a mass killing center.

http://tinyurl.com/d7ad8

Evidence of mass murder?

Or evidence of Jewish cobblers being used to repair shoes?

I know which seems more likely to me

BTW The photo in the header has also been discussed here along with other howlers

http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=2174&highlight=

regards

Speeder
Last edited by Speeder on Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”