Iran paper plans Holocaust cartoons

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:34 am)

The contest begins, the latest here:
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/ ... 380998.htm

- Hannover

excerpts:
The call for drawings, in English and Farsi on the website, said that in the West, it was "an unforgiven crime" to debate and review issues such as "looting and crimes perpetrated by the US and Israel, as well as alleged historical events like the Holocaust".

It said the paper was soliciting contributions on the theme of the Holocaust and the limit of Western freedom of expression.

"In the wake of the publication of the profane cartoons in several European newspapers, Hamshahri is going to measure the sanctity of freedom of expression among the Westerners," the announcement said.

The deadline for entries is 5 May. Each contestant can enter up to three submissions.

"Some weeks after the deadline we will announce the results of the competition," Kazemi said. "Select cartoons will be reproduced in a catalogue and the works will go on public display."

The contest was co-sponsored by the House of Caricatures, a Tehran exhibition centre for cartoons.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:53 am)

Hannover wrote:The contest begins, the latest here:
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/ ... 380998.htm

- Hannover

Wonderful! I think I'll start to brush up my drawing skills immediately..

Let's just hope there's still Iranian newspapers by the time the deadline runs out... :(

EDIT: drew and inked three cartoons, all in one day. Boy are my hands tired now... :? Will scan them some time later this week...
Last edited by Laurentz Dahl on Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mata_hari

Postby mata_hari » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:13 am)

There's a thread on these holocaust cartoons at
http://prodp.proboards47.com/index.cgi? ... 128&page=1
You have to register on this forum to see it. A number of holocaust cartoons have already been posted from other sources. If anyone here wants to get out of the "Revisionist Ghetto" and comment or post the Iranian cartoons when they become available it would be appreciated. Some of us live in Europe and we fear judical repercussions from the political police ( The PoPo ) here should our computers be under surveillance.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:28 am)

The web site of the Danish Society for Free Historical Research has published three of the Holocaust-themed cartoons that has appeared in the Iranian newspaper of lately:

http://www.holocaust.nu/default.aspx?ca ... =1&refer=1

I really like the Jewish Pinocchio one.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:16 pm)

I'm not very good at drawing, but hey I tried... :wink:

(above cartoons may be used and distributed freely)
Last edited by Laurentz Dahl on Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Richard Perle
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Richard Perle » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:20 pm)

Those are really rather good. Especially the first one.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:23 pm)

Quite nice, Dahl! You should draw some more because I thought all three were rather good.

-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Obersto

Postby Obersto » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:48 pm)

Excellent cartoons Laurentz! I especially like the last two.

"There are holes and traces of cyanide in the gas chambers! But you can't see them unless you BELEIVE in them!"

:lol:
"As to the Holocaust, I just raised a few questions. And I didn't receive any answers to my questions."
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:23 pm)

Hi Laurentz,

I can't believe you drew those! Wow! Our very own Laurentz Dahl drew those.

Yes, keep drawing more. I like the top one best. I think I like the ones "light" on text.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:23 am)

Thanks!

I think I have an idea for a new one, on those miraculously easy-to-cremate Treblinka corpses...

I was a little bit reluctant about drawing Holocaust cartoons at first, since drawing political cartoons means you have to make a kind of a "straw man". But then I reasoned, that it's not a form of serious argumentation, it's a way of putting the spotlight on the issue of Holocaust revisionism and the persecution of the modern day Holohoax heretics. Also, the reality of for example the anti-revisionist laws in Europe is so grotesque, it easily translates into a cartoon. The holohoax claims themselves are a vast goldmine for cartoonists, all the geysers of blood, shrunken heads, vacuum chambers &c &c.

I encourage everyone who thinks that he or she has the drawing ability above that of a 5 year old to draw and disseminate Holohoax cartoons. The Iranian contest will put the spotlight on these cartoons, which means that a lot of people will become aware of the fact that there's serious dissent regarding the "facts" of the "Holocaust". Especially needed I think are cartoons poking fun at different technical absurdities of the "Holocaust". Cartoons have the potential to spread the message to the masses.

And, yes, I think one should be as light on the text as possible, as Carto writes. Btw, I found this absolutely hilarious new(?) cartoon on the Danish site I linked to above. I'm pretty sure it's a translation from English, but I haven't managed to find the original (if someone has a link to it, please post it). You can find it here

http://www.holocaust.nu/default.aspx?ca ... =1&refer=1

if you scroll about two thirds down until the three-panel cartoon titled "Det gamle sudderchatol". It's in Danish, so I will provide a translation:

(panel #1)
Title: the old blabbermouth

Le't see.. I was gassed 6 times... no wait, 10 times... 2 times in Auschwitz, 5 times in Buchenwald, 3 times in Treblinka, 9 times in Dachau, 4 times in Belzec, and 1 time in America... And there are 5 million, 900 999 and 500 000 others like me in New York...

(Panel #2)

Everyone should forever remember how I escaped the ovens only by a miracle. But 25 of my aunties, 16 of my uncles, 42 of my cousins, 3 of my parents and all of my children were gassed! An SS officer, he must have been at least 8 feet 2 inches tall, smashed the skull of my little girl with a hammer. His boss, Mengele, had put up human eyes all over the walls of his office. Ah, it was terrible, no one has suffered as much as I have. The Germans were devils, and even if I live to be a 1000 years old, I will never forget and never forgive that they tried to make me into a lamp shade...

(Panel #3)

Hollywood have not made enough movies about the Holocaust. Everyone should watch those movies 24 hours a day, and they should pay money to Israel, we need them! Soon I will start a Holocaust museum of my own, for three bucks you may see my tattoo, the lamp shades, the soap, the gas canisters, all the hair, the teeth(?), my Auschwitz uniform, and if you pay me a little extra, I will show you my uniform from the days when I was a poor, persecuted officer in the NKVD... is the camera turned off? Oh, so it's not... Oh it was horrible... You are all guilty, you didn't do what you could have done to stop it... no one has suffered as I have... they tried to make me into soap, but I escaped, it was a miracle! But they made my aunt Sarah into crocodile boots, I saw Himmler wearing them myself, and then they gassed me 50 times, no wait no I remember how it really was, they gassed me a 100 times!

It's really heavy on the text, but that's part of the point I guess.
Last edited by Laurentz Dahl on Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:16 am)

You're Roald Dahl! LOL.

I saw a cartoon depicting a set of a holocaust movie. Hilarious. There was another that showed a guy crying and handing his money to a holocaust movie producer, but what got me was on the walls of the room in the cartoon, there was a poster for "Schindler's List II." Sometimes the funniest thing in a cartoon is some subtle thing like that. Like what's on the shirt the guy is wearing, or something.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:44 am)

Dahl:

I liked the one cartoon on the Danish Society for Free Historical Research website in which a "survivor" was exclaiming: "I hid myself in a chimney!".

-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:18 pm)

Two more cartoons that I drew today:

(as with the ones above, those cartoons may be freely used and distributed as long as not modified (translations ok))

Obersto

Postby Obersto » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:19 pm)

We need a sticky thread for your work, Laurentz. These are just great!
"As to the Holocaust, I just raised a few questions. And I didn't receive any answers to my questions."

- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Ratatosk

Postby Ratatosk » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:35 pm)

Yes, Great drawings Dahl!

Especially, the one with the scales. Because, it illustrates the main function of the holohoax after the war.

Afterwards, of course, the myth begun to live a life of its own. I don't think the Allies or the original hoaxers knew it would become the new religion of the west.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”