Irving bottles it... Thought Crime gets him 3 yrs. in prison

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:20 pm)

May I add this too: it would have been emotionally satisfying to us here in the partially free world to see Irving stand up and make a case for revisionism in the court (assuming he wished to do so - which I don't know of course - perhaps he really doesn't want to do so) but we must recognize that in these Star Chamber proceedings this is simply not possible. The rules do not allow it. He would have been shut off by the court and his lawyers likley disbarred or even prosecuted themselves. To even attempt it would have resulted in a much more harsh sentence no doubt. As he said, he had no choice. It seems that the same constraints apply in the cases of Ernst Zundel and Germar Rudolf and I don't know how they are going to deal with the evil system they face either. This is an outrage to any concept of fairness of course and the least we can do is expose this vile system so that Americans become aware of it. Few know about it because it is carefully covered up by the US media.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:22 pm)

This is what Irving also said:
"According to the evidence that I have seen, there were no gas chambers anywhere. The evidence that we have been shown, the aerial photographs, the eyewitnesses, it's all very spurious indeed."

- David Irving

We were talking yesterday about this bus in Serbia with 90,000 people or 70,000 people being gassed in the space of 35 days. That would have meant 38 people being gassed every hour in each bus. That kind of figure is completely impractical."

- David Irving

"more women died on the back seat of Edward Kennedy's car at Chappaquiddick than ever died in a gas chamber in Auschwitz"

- David Irving

When discussing the so called 'holocaust' in a 1998 speech at Washington State University:
"Eyewitness testimony is really a matter for psychiatric evaluation."

- David Irving

- Hannover
Last edited by Hannover on Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:25 pm)

see:
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=2933
Irving said it himself, he had no choice but to plead 'guilty'.

Of course, we must consider that 3 years is much better than 10.

- Hannover

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:39 pm)

AND, Irving previously said that he thought 500,000 Jews died of all causes. I'll try and find the exact quote.

Irving's 'trial' is really the Nuremberg show trials and David Cole's forced recantation all in one.

Do the judeo-supremacists really think that sentencing a man for Thought Crimes and then claiming a moral victory will ultimately help maintain their grip on power? I say ... very short term yes, long run, no.

Hold steady, all.

- Hannover

Richard Perle
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Richard Perle » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:52 pm)

There's a discussion at the usenet group: uk.media.tv.misc

Drop in and give your support if you want. :D

gasto
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby gasto » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:03 pm)

My god, Irving´s arrest has just come to first page in one of the most popular newspapers here in Argentina ( http://www.clarin.com ). They never include any articles related to the holocau$t, except when a museum is built, a memorial is erected or someone speaks up against jews. And now this.

Sure, they don´t include Auschwitz Museum denial to Iran´s investigators to go and make scientific research, but they include news like this one.

It really, really pisses me off. And some say zionists do not have influence in press and media...please
If Human Soap rumour was fake, why can´t all the other absurd claims be too??

Depth Charge
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Depth Charge » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:12 pm)

I just heard another news report. Irving says he has changed since seeing Adolf Eichmanns files.

Anyone know what this is about?

Vilho

Postby Vilho » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:12 pm)

"He admitted that in 1989 he had denied that Nazi Germany had killed millions of Jews. He said this is what he believed, until he later saw the personal files of Adolf Eichmann, the chief organiser of the Holocaust."

source

What "personal files of Adolf Eichmann" is he talking about?

Ajax
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Ajax » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:30 pm)

Radar wrote:I don't know why he chose the tactic of pleading guilty and repudiating any connection with Holocaust critics but I suspect from his surprise at the sentence that he expected to receive a slap on the wrist and be sent home to Britain. I would have been more interested in his comments then.

If he really thought he would get away with a slap on the wrist and a mere ticking off he is more deluded than I thought. Any fool would have known that some sentence was going to be in order. By pleading guilty not only has he got three years, he has done much to destroy whatever he had left of what was a fine reputation as an historian. Even if he had been given a slap on the wrist and tried to turn things around, his credibility would have been shot to bits. Revisionism is not about plea bargaining and expediency, it's about conviction and truth. From his shenanigans I get the impression that Irving thinks it is all some sort of game, a vehicle for his showboating. If he had stood his ground we might have had a chance of sinking the Battleship Auschwitz; instead Irving has left himself standing on the bow of his little leaking dinghy working overtime with a bucket.

I note that he allegedly said that he intends to appeal although how he can do that when he has pleaded guilty seems odd to say the least. Can it be that he had a deal with the prosecutors that they reneged upon?

Odd is not the word. I think as revisionists we should wash our hands of him; he is at best a liability, at worst a standing joke. It's embarrassing.
Scour the surface throughly until it is glistening...

Bergmann
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Bergmann » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:37 pm)

Ajax wrote:Lipstadt is being interviewed on Channel 4 news over here... How predictable.
I would like to watch this. What is Channel 4 on the US Westcoast?

Ajax
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Ajax » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:38 pm)

Bergmann wrote:I would like to watch this. What is Channel 4 on the US Westcoast?

Hi Bergmann.

It's a UK television channel - unlike the BBC or ITN I don't think they have an overseas service. :(
Scour the surface throughly until it is glistening...

friedrich braun
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby friedrich braun » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:19 pm)

One lesson for Revisionists to emerge out of this shameful kangaroo show trial:

Since you can recant and grovel (like Irving did) and still get shafted, you might as well be a man and go down with your guns blazing!

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:39 pm)

Can he get out in less than 3 years? That happens all the time here. Getting out on good behavior or whatever it's called. I sure hope so. My heart is with that man and his family.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:41 pm)

He said this is what he believed, until he later saw the personal files of Adolf Eichmann, the chief organiser of the Holocaust."

Huh? What files would that be? Indeed.

If Irving said this then he is truly leaving a trail that leads to Revisionist unraveling of Eichmann. It's like saying 'I believe in the 'holocaust' story because I read about human soap'.

- Hannover

Maly Jacek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Maly Jacek » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:11 pm)

Carto's Cutlass Supreme wrote:Can he get out in less than 3 years? That happens all the time here. Getting out on good behavior or whatever it's called. I sure hope so. My heart is with that man and his family.

He has already mentioned he will be appealing

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”