Irving bottles it... Thought Crime gets him 3 yrs. in prison

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:58 am)

Bergmann:
I never understood this "judeo-supremacist" stuff. And yesterday I came across this article by Israel Shamir:

Whom The Bell Tolls
David Irving was sent to jail for denying Jewish superiority. His doom seals the reign of freedom that began with the fall of the Bastille.

http://www.israelshamir.net/English/ForWhom.htm

This a frightening!

And it took a Jew saying it for you to finally catch on? :?

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

labview1958

Postby labview1958 » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:15 am)

Let's be fair to Mr. Irving. He is a scholar. His position changes according to what WW2 material that become available. The man is over 60 and probably an atheist. Why throw away your remaining years in jail? Just give in and live another day. He is just a scholar.

Barrington James
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Barrington James » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:02 pm)

Has anyone read anything in any of David Irving’s 30 books that would lead us to presume that he has any interest in the holocaust? It seems to me he has been “ set up” as a straw man, made out to be a big bad denier only to be destroyed: much like Adolph Eichmann was back in the 60’s. Am I right in this? He is being used. It also seems to me that as bright as he is, he is also very naïve. Did in actually think he was going to get a fair trial in England- the Lipstadt case, for example? Or why did he not “pull a Chomsky” when asked about the holocaust and simply say “my books tell you all I you want to know- next question”. Fianlly why did he go to Austria? Doesn’t he know the Zionist game?

I can’t blame him for “ changing” his mind. Who wants to die in jail- unable to follow his great passion of writing great books? Let the rest of us battle so called holocaust. He is making his contribution.
You can fool too many of the people most of the time.

disillusioned

Postby disillusioned » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:15 pm)

Well, I've been on the receiving end of a zealous prosecutors threats, and I cave to the demands to avoid serious penalties. Its never a pretty picture when you are staring down 5-10 years in jail and you have family and career to think about.

I mean, hell, they actually tortured Hoess and look at the ridiculous crap he said.

Hoo-ray! The powers that be twist your arm and you say ouch. How dare anyone cross them in the first place!

Ratatosk

Postby Ratatosk » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:09 am)

Barrington James wrote:Has anyone read anything in any of David Irving’s 30 books that would lead us to presume that he has any interest in the holocaust? It seems to me he has been “ set up” as a straw man, made out to be a big bad denier only to be destroyed: much like Adolph Eichmann was back in the 60’s. Am I right in this? He is being used. It also seems to me that as bright as he is, he is also very naïve. Did in actually think he was going to get a fair trial in England- the Lipstadt case, for example? Or why did he not “pull a Chomsky” when asked about the holocaust and simply say “my books tell you all I you want to know- next question”. Fianlly why did he go to Austria? Doesn’t he know the Zionist game?

I can’t blame him for “ changing” his mind. Who wants to die in jail- unable to follow his great passion of writing great books? Let the rest of us battle so called holocaust. He is making his contribution.

After reading the excellent Shamir piece, posted on this thread. I get the suspicion that his "holocaust denial" isn't the real reason for his imprisonment in Austria.
Irving is not a Holocaust revisionist and seem very uncomfortable with that designation. He sued Lipstadt for calling him a denier. A true revisionist would never do that.

There seem to have been a sort of "Vendetta" going on between Irving and the Jewish community since the 60's. Escalating all the way to his imprisonment.

I get the impression that he is a British gentleman, who feels that the empire was sold out and moved to America, and he blames, you know who...

I admire Irving for his courage, but Germar Rudolf is much more important and valueable for us Revisionists and the truth. Rudolfs imprisonment is a serious blow to Revisionism.

simon1003

Postby simon1003 » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:57 am)

Irving has changed his mind again, I don't what's brought about the latest change in his stance. -

Irving repeats Holocaust denial. 28-02-06

Jailed British historian David Irving has again said he does not believe Hitler presided over a systematic attempt to exterminate Jews in Europe.

During his trial in Austria, Irving said he had changed his mind over claims the Holocaust did not happen.

But, speaking from his cell, he asked BBC News why, if such a programme existed, "so many survived".

(...)

However, he added that "Hitler's own involvement has a big question mark behind it", before repeating his belief that an extermination policy did not exist.

"Given the ruthless efficiency of the Germans, if there was an extermination programme to kill all the Jews, how come so many survived?" he said.

Full article - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4757506.stm

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:36 am)

simon1003 wrote:Jailed British historian David Irving has again said he does not believe Hitler presided over a systematic attempt to exterminate Jews in Europe.

During his trial in Austria, Irving said he had changed his mind over claims the Holocaust did not happen.

But, speaking from his cell, he asked BBC News why, if such a programme existed, "so many survived".

(...)

However, he added that "Hitler's own involvement has a big question mark behind it", before repeating his belief that an extermination policy did not exist.

"Given the ruthless efficiency of the Germans, if there was an extermination programme to kill all the Jews, how come so many survived?" he said.

Full article - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4757506.stm

That man has quite a talent for changing his views back and forth.
Maybe he will start reading books by revisionists when ge gets out of prison?

Today, on page 3, Sweden's second largest morning newspaper, Svenska Dagbladet, carried a full page appeal written by Jewish-Australian philosopher Peter Singer, "Free the denier Irving" which said it is impossible for the West not to come off as hypocrits regarding the issue of Freedom of Speech if those that "deny the Holocaust" are put in jail for their views. Since this text was syndicated, I suppose it has also appeared in English-language newspapers?

ASMarques
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby ASMarques » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:30 am)

There is a very good reason for the usual nice folks going after Irving, besides simple vengeance, and that's his site: hard-hitting, almost daily updated, and a very large number of readers.

After all the book burning, the bookshop listing, etc., Irving still had managed to maintain a highly effective presence on the web.

Of course, his site may still be up, frozen in time, but from now on, and probably for a long time, he won't be free to keep up with the news and publicize his views as he used to.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:17 pm)

The Torquemadas of Vienna obviously do not care about the protests from people like Singer et.al. They are hell bent on putting anyone who in anyway challenge the Zionist monopoly on WWII historiography behind bars for as long time as possible.

Now Irving's Austrian prosecutors wants to lengthen his 3 year sentence. This means it is possible that Irving will have to spend several more years - even seven more - in jail.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/austria/artic ... 56,00.html

This is simply beyond grotesque.

Those people must be stopped. :evil:

Postby Moderator » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:14 pm)

This latest Irving interview has been posted in 3 different threads, count 'em.

Post comments here:

'Irving vents Holocaust denial in jail cell interview'
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=3012

Mod1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 3 years ago (Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:35 am)

The appeal by Peter Singer mentioned above:

"Jewish Scholar Calls for Repeal of ‘Holocaust Denial’ Laws"

David Irving has a right to free speech, too

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite? ... 2FShowFull

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”