To those who know about alt.revisionism

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Depth Charge
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

To those who know about alt.revisionism

Postby Depth Charge » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:40 pm)

Whats the deal with this group, i spent about 20 minutes browsing it just now. I'm not particularly sure why the group claims to revolve around "Revisionism"...?

I've carried out a search but can't seem to find much on it. Responses appreciated :)

Secret Anne X

Postby Secret Anne X » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:15 pm)

Hi,

When the internet got going maybe 10-12 years ago there were a lot of newsgroups devoted to current topics and some revs used to go in there and dump stuff. Alt.revisionism was set up on the theory that revs would go there and do their thing. Very soon a group of anti-revs began to look for ways to stifle the exchange and to get revs to say something stupid that would then be archived and used against them in all future debates.

I would say alt.revisionism completely went down the tubes ten years ago. Now it's just a place to insult others and threaten them with legal action.

In those days, the anti-revs figured that if they could stifle the revs on alt.revisionism they could neutralize them. But then the revs started websites. Then the anti-revs -- this was about 10 years ago -- tried to shut down the rev websites, and make revisionism illegal on the web.

They lost.

Obersto

Postby Obersto » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:24 pm)

The childish mudslinging and general antagonism that so infamously plagues that board makes RODOH pale in comparison. Its a small wonder why alt.revisionism has always been a running joke. Eight minutes in that place was quite enough for me.
"As to the Holocaust, I just raised a few questions. And I didn't receive any answers to my questions."
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Bergmann
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Bergmann » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:08 pm)

Secret Anne X wrote:Hi,

When the internet got going maybe 10-12 years ago there were a lot of newsgroups devoted to current topics and some revs used to go in there and dump stuff. Alt.revisionism was set up on the theory that revs would go there and do their thing. Very soon a group of anti-revs began to look for ways to stifle the exchange and to get revs to say something stupid that would then be archived and used against them in all future debates.

I would say alt.revisionism completely went down the tubes ten years ago. Now it's just a place to insult others and threaten them with legal action.

In those days, the anti-revs figured that if they could stifle the revs on alt.revisionism they could neutralize them. But then the revs started websites. Then the anti-revs -- this was about 10 years ago -- tried to shut down the rev websites, and make revisionism illegal on the web.

They lost.

Sounds like Scott's forum. Most users are hoaxers on that forum, unable to debate, and the "idiots", "retards" , "farts" etc are flying. Probably for the only purpose to stifle any reasonable debate and discourage revisionists from participating.

Ajax
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Ajax » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:55 pm)

I used to post on alt.revisionism back in the mid 1990s when I was at university. Wow, ten years ago.

Most of the time you couldn't say boo to a goose without being viciously attacked by the hoaxers' foul mouths or being smothered in arguments that were heavy on words but low on actual substance. It was the first place I discovered such poets as Ken McVay and Danny Keren.

I once posted a response to an inflammatory barb there only to have someone who clearly didn't understand the meaning of free speech email my university administrators - this led to me being hauled up before a tutors' committee to explain myself. Unlike Irving, I chose to risk being chucked off my course and defended my position. I was given a 'black mark' - whatever that was supposed to mean - and that was the end of that.

Some of the lecturers always viewed me with a rather jaundiced eye after that, though - particularly the one who took umbrage to my questioning his translation of Voelkischer Beobachter as 'ethnic observer'. After I sarcastically suggested that perhaps he should call Volkswagen the 'ethnic car' - which elicited stifled giggles from the rest of the study group - his face went all red and he began to hyperventilate. They really hate cold, cynical sarcasm.
Scour the surface throughly until it is glistening...

TMoran
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby TMoran » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:30 pm)

I've had hudreds if not thousands of exchanges on alt.revisionism. Haven't been there in a couple of years.

The one big value is we, ala Deja News, and I, ala saved articles in my Forte Agent program and saves to files, have a record of how the Holocaust community goes about trying to defend the nonsense.

Yup, extensive exchanges of them trying to make a case that bodies would burn like wood for instance. Lots of other nonsense. Then the insults. Terrible cussing. spitting, snarling - oinking.

This would all come from persons designated as Phd.s such as Doctor Karin and Doctor Mathis along with other people with academic titles.

Then there would be McVay, better spelled mCvAy, who was and is the original captain of the rusty old anti-revisionist frigate nIZKOR. He was reduced to a babbling idiot and more or less dropped out.

Most of those names we find on The Holocaust History Project are old alt.revisionist regulars. In fact they all 'met' each other there and evidently got together to create the THHP fiasco.

Ajax
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Ajax » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:35 pm)

I used to call old McVay McOyVey. Childish, but it went down a storm. :D

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:38 pm)

TMoran wrote:He was reduced to a babbling idiot and more or less dropped out.

He is today involved in a "one man" project in which he is advertising various "Get Rich" quick schemes.

http://www.kenmcvay.com/

Kenneth McVay OBC wrote:I love these little money machines! I belong to all of them, and every single one of them makes money.

I wonder if his little Holocaust is one of his money machines also :wink:

-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Ajax
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Ajax » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:21 am)

I couldn't help laughing when I clicked that link Haldan. Poor old Ken - with all that money he must have made through his Holohoax racket you would have thought he could have hired a decent web designer...

Obersto

Postby Obersto » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:37 am)

Who was that eccentric THHP contributer with the long hair and past record of child molestation? I can seem to remember his name.
"As to the Holocaust, I just raised a few questions. And I didn't receive any answers to my questions."

- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

ASMarques
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby ASMarques » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:55 am)

I used to post a lot on the Usenet, but never on alt.revisionism exclusively. Total waste of time. People like Keren, Green and others knew it and tried to have revisionists expelled from other groups and the ongoing discussions dumped on alt.revisionism (the so-called "appropriate place"). I always avoided that. In fact, I used alt.revisionism exclusively to fish for some opposition whenever I needed it elsewhere to set a discussion going. This was easy to achieve by always re-establishing the cross-posting they never failed to erase...

Depth Charge
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Depth Charge » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:58 pm)

Not to bog the forum down with questions, but axishistory is another place where fair discussion can't be had. Their forum outright rules against even asking questions. They seem to adamently defend HHP.org. Why?

Having just found that site, their rules are possibly the most unbelievable yet.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”