Irving vents Holocaust denial in jail cell interview

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Flavian Greece

Postby Flavian Greece » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:03 pm)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 88,00.html

By Times Online and agencies

Irving today repeated his central thesis from his book, Hitler's War, that the Fuhrer did not know of the Final Solution (EPA)

An unrepentant David Irving today maintained his denial that Adolf Hitler oversaw an organised attempt to exterminate Europe's Jews.

Speaking from jail in Austria, where he was sentenced to three years imprisonment last week for denying the Holocaust, the disgraced right-wing historian questioned whether the Nazis could have really intended to wipe out all the Jews held in concentration camps if, as he claimed, so many had survived the experience.

"Given the ruthless efficiency of the Germans, if there was an extermination programme to kill all the Jews, how come so many survived?" he said, in an interview on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme.
During his one-day trial in Vienna last week, when he pleaded guilty to denying the Holocaust in two speeches made to Austrian neo-Nazis in 1989, Irving acknowledged that he had made a mistake in denying the existence of gas chambers at Auschwitz, the most infamous Nazi camp.
He claimed that he personally had identified two small buildings where gassings occurred - but he pointedly ignored the weight of historical evidence that points to mass executions in an enormous purpose-built crematorium where victims were first gassed then their bodies burned.
Today, the British academic repeated his assertion that the number of Jews killed at the camp was relatively small, and certainly much smaller than the figure of 1.1 million that is generally accepted by Holocaust historians.

"There were these two small buildings where gassings were done, but I think we can be very argumentative about the scale of it," he said. "Certainly, anybody who suggests that this was the heart of the Nazi programme is way off track."

Irving said he accepted that 1.4 million Jews were killed at the so-called Reinhard extermination camps of Sobibor, Belzec and Treblinka, but he insisted Auschwitz was different: "You can say millions died, but not at Auschwitz."

The story of Anne Frank, according to Irving, backs up his argument: "The Anne Frank family wasn’t gassed, although they were in Auschwitz," he said. "When they fell ill, they were looked after by SS doctors, and two of them survived. The whole Anne Frank story is proof that I am right."

He also questioned the responsibility of Hitler for the 20th century's greatest crime. Asked whether he believed that Hitler had overseen the Holocaust, Irving replied: "No. That is absolutely wrong and nobody can justify that.

"Adolf Hitler’s own involvement in it has a big question mark behind it."
Irving, 68, was shocked to receive a three-year sentence at his trial under Austria's stringent Holocaust denial laws last week.

He is spending 23 hours a day in solitary confinement at the start of his punishment, which Austrian prosecutors are seeking to extend to 10 years because of Irving's "special importance to rightwing radicals".

Irving is also planning to appeal. But today's outburst is unlikely to help his claim to have recanted some of his most extreme beliefs about the Holocaust.

He said this morning that his conviction was the result of a "show trial" and he promised to continue writing history.

Irving is the author of more than 30 books, but his reputation as a trustworthy historian was destroyed by a High Court libel trial in 2000 that showed that he had distorted and wilfully misunderstood sources relating to the Holocaust.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:23 pm)

Times Online wrote:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13509-2061988,00.html

the disgraced right-wing historian

Don't you just love it when these writers squeeze their personal opinions into their news articles?

Times Online wrote:He also questioned the responsibility of Hitler for the 20th century's greatest crime.

So was Irving wrong regarding Anne Frank and her family being NOT gassed and actually taken care of by SS doctors? The implication is that he is wrong, of course.

Times Online wrote:He is spending 23 hours a day in solitary confinement at the start of his punishment, which Austrian prosecutors are seeking to extend to 10 years because of Irving's "special importance to rightwing radicals".

Doesn't anybody amaze themselves over this crazy statement? Incredible!

David Irving supposedly wrote:"There were these two small buildings where gassings were done, but I think we can be very argumentative about the scale of it," he said. "Certainly, anybody who suggests that this was the heart of the Nazi programme is way off track."

Anybody who claims the Germans 'gassed' people with homocidal intent is "way off track". There is no such evidence, and the 'evidence' which has been offered has been shown to be lies.

Times Online wrote:He said this morning that his conviction was the result of a "show trial" and he promised to continue writing history.

I knew that all along :D

-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:29 pm)

Times Online wrote:He is spending 23 hours a day in solitary confinement at the start of his punishment, which Austrian prosecutors are seeking to extend [the punishment] to 10 years because of Irving's "special importance to rightwing radicals".

To quote noted author and researcher J.P. Bellinger:

"Punishing individuals for freely expressing their legitimate opinions is antidemocratic and a mark of FEAR and lack of confidence in one's own ability to refute the research and evidence provided by dissident historians such as David Irving and Germar Rudolf."

:!:
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Richard Perle
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Richard Perle » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:43 pm)

Irving today repeated his central thesis from his book, Hitler's War, that the Fuhrer did not know of the Final Solution

Central thesis? I haven't read the book but I very much doubt that this is it's central thesis. Sounds like a Judeo-centric point of view to me.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:43 pm)

This is classic Irving and classic 'holocau$t' Industry in one stroke.
... the disgraced right-wing historian ...

Disgraced? How? What's digraceful is his imprisonment for Thought Crimes. Classic projection from the 'holocau$t' Industry.
"Given the ruthless efficiency of the Germans ..."

Gee David, so ruthless that there you cannot produce any evidence for any gassings, anywhere by them. And why do keep changing your story?
Irving acknowledged that he had made a mistake in denying the existence of gas chambers at Auschwitz, the most infamous Nazi camp.
He claimed that he personally had identified two small buildings where gassings occurred - but he pointedly ignored the weight of historical evidence that points to mass executions in an enormous purpose-built crematorium where victims were first gassed then their bodies burned.
Today, the British academic repeated his assertion that the number of Jews killed at the camp was relatively small, and certainly much smaller than the figure of 1.1 million that is generally accepted by Holocaust historians.

Notice that Irving is never really specific as to why he "changed his mind". 3 years instead of 10 seems to be the best reason, certainly not evidence.

The dumb farmhouses/bunkers BS that has been thoroughly refuted, see:
'The Bunkers of Auschwitz: Black Propaganda versus History', by Carlo Mattogno, here:
http://vho.org/dl/ENG/tboa.pdf
from this forum:
'"Experimental" Gassings at Auschwitz?'
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=3005

What "weight of historical evidence that points to mass executions in an enormous purpose-built crematorium", there is none that can stand up to scientific, logical, and rational scrutiny. We know who butters that writer's bread.

"Holocaust historians", the ultimate oxymoron.
Irving said he accepted that 1.4 million Jews were killed at the so-called Reinhard extermination camps of Sobibor, Belzec and Treblinka, but he insisted Auschwitz was different: "You can say millions died, but not at Auschwitz."

Again Irving goes in water over his head, there is no evidence for "1.4 million Jews killed at the so-called Reinhard extermination camps of Sobibor, Belzec and Treblinka". This forum is loaded with facts which simply demolish the standard storyline about those camps. And guess what, it's not that difficult. see, www.vho.org books and learn
Asked whether he believed that Hitler had overseen the Holocaust ....

A classic planted axiom, there was no 'holocaust' as alleged.
he is spending 23 hours a day in solitary confinement at the start of his punishment, which Austrian prosecutors are seeking to extend to 10 years because of Irving's "special importance to rightwing radicals".

Absolutely barbaric! This is a modern civilization?
He said this morning that his conviction was the result of a "show trial" and he promised to continue writing history.

Show trial indeed. Perhaps 'lynching' is a better description. Ultimately the pen IS mightier than the sword.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Maly Jacek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Maly Jacek » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:11 pm)

Irving's "special importance to rightwing radicals"

That puzzles me a bit...I would like to know who are these "rightwing radicals" Times is refering to

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:16 pm)

Irving's "special importance to rightwing radicals"

Lovely, 23 hours in solitary and 10 years; I seriously doubt that this would apply to 'leftwing radicals'.

This is how martyrs are born.

- Hannover

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:50 pm)

He's skating on thin ice now. It remains to be seen how his appeal goes. Since these thought control laws seem to violate the rules of the European Community perhaps there is some hope for an appeal there but a victory would tear down the whole structure of repression in Germany, France and elsewhere I imagine, so it''s long shot.

Whatever we think of him, as believers in freedom of inquiry, it behooves us to exert any pressure we have to extricate him.

If he stays in prison I can't imagine that his jailers will allow him to continue his research and writing. He will be silenced.

Where is the British Government?

Secret Anne X

Postby Secret Anne X » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:42 pm)

Hi.

Where is the British Government?

Very good question! It's unbelievable that he would be kept in prison for 10 years, but anything's possible, I suppose. He will be 68 in three weeks.

The intent is to ruin him, and my guess also his website. His girlfriend and daughter will be evicted in a couple of months. Irving, as a convicted felon, will never be able to return to the US -- neither will Zuendel or Rudolf either, of course -- and therefore their funding and influence will dry up.

Irving is no great loss to revisionism but from a human point of view it's disgraceful. Zuendel and Rudolf may have been effectively silenced forever.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:52 am)

The intent is to ruin him ...

The intent is to send a message of fear and hate to those who would otherwise pursue and speak out about the research of Revisionists. The draconian methods will backfire though as new attention is being paid to Revisionism. It's just a shame that some will suffer in the meantime.

What this does also is to further alert people to the evil of a 'unified' Europe under the EU Constitution, where EU laws trump national laws. The EU certainly demands obediance to the 'Holocau$t' religion, but the EU is really not popular. Will their Thought Policing hurt them further?
see:
'Less than half show support for EU / significant?'
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=729

Since the above article, France and Holland have rejected the EU Constitution via citizen vote and England curiously prevented citizen voting by 'cancelling' their referendum.
To date there have been 10 European countries that have ratified this 'constitution' ... but only 1 has ratified it by citizen vote, Spain; the other countries' citizens were denied the right to vote and the EU Constitution was mandated via parliamentary action. Take note now of other governments from the above story which are 'cancelling' their referendums, knowing full well that their people will reject the EU Constitution.

Irving is no great loss to revisionism but from a human point of view it's disgraceful. Zuendel and Rudolf may have been effectively silenced forever.

Well yes, Irving as a Revisionist is a joke, but I am still appalled and saddened by his imprisonment. Oddly perhaps, I feel that Zundel and Rudolf are not finished, I believe they will come out of this being even bigger heroes than they are now.

The world is changing ... as it must.

- Hannover

PLAYWRIGHT
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PLAYWRIGHT » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:38 am)

Richard Perle wrote:
Irving today repeated his central thesis from his book, Hitler's War, that the Fuhrer did not know of the Final Solution

Central thesis? I haven't read the book but I very much doubt that this is it's central thesis. Sounds like a Judeo-centric point of view to me.

I've read the book, and it isn't. The "Final Solution" is maybe 3 paragraphs. Events in backwaters behind the lines are given little attention. Perhaps the reason they hate the book IS that World War II and international politics are the central themes.

ClaudiaRothenbach
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby ClaudiaRothenbach » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:51 am)

If Mahatma Gandhi is right:

Erst lachen sie über Euch,
dann bekämpfen Sie Euch,
und dann siegt Ihr.

First they laugh at you,
then they fight you,
then you win.

then it is over soon.
"Everything has already been said, but not yet by everyone." - Karl Valentin

friedrich braun
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby friedrich braun » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:52 am)

Irving expands on Holocaust views

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4757506.stm

It's just unbelievable that EUROPE is imprisoning people for their views. I mean, just think about it...it's totally surreal.

Bergmann
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Bergmann » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:08 pm)

Kahlenbergerdorf, (Austria)

"As a Roman Catholic priest I say to you ... question the existence of gas-chambers in the Third Reich. It is the right of those who seek the truth to be allowed to doubt, investigate and evaluate. Where ever this doubting and evaluating is forbidden, where ever someone demands that he must be believed, an arrogance arises that is a blasphemy to God This is why, if those whom you doubt have the truth on their side, they will accept any questions gracefully and answer them patiently. They will no longer hide their evidence and their records. But if those persons are lying, they will cry for the judge. That is how you will recognize them. The truth is always graceful, while lies cry out for earthly judges.

Respectfully,
with best regards,
/s/ Pastor Viktor Robert Knirsch"

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:44 pm)

Bergmann:

Do you have a link to Pastor Viktor Robert Knirsch's statement? This is excellent!

- Hannover

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”