Nazi's keep red hot poker in offices- ask the expert

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
vincentferrer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Nazi's keep red hot poker in offices- ask the expert

Postby vincentferrer » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:31 am)

Warning- keep kleenex nearby, tears of laughter will emerge. This is quite hilarious.
http://org.elon.edu/pendulum/Issues/200 ... Faber.html
Faber speaks on Holocaust
Matthew Belanger - Reporter

An estimated 600 students, faculty and community members packed Whitley Auditorium Monday evening to hear a lecture from author and Holocaust survivor David Faber. The auditorium filled so quickly that some people were turned away from the event. Faber discussed his book, "Because of Romek: A Holocaust Survivor’s Memoir."

"The problem was and the problem still is, there is too much hatred in the world. We were living in a country of hate," Faber said. "The people of Poland had been brainwashed by the Nazis for hundreds of years into believing it was okay to kill the Jews."

Faber’s book describes his experiences during the Holocaust in ghettos and concentration camps, as well as his brother Romek’s participation in the resistance against the Nazis. Faber, who was born in Poland, witnessed the murder of his parents and six of his seven siblings during the Holocaust and was imprisoned in eight different concentration camps, including Auschwitz.

During the presentation, Faber recounted many of his childhood memories as well as his final moments with his various family members.

"They were torturing him, punching into him and hitting him again and again," Faber said telling about the death of his brother. "They took out a red hot poker and pushed it into his left eye. I was 14 years old, just a boy, and I was watching my brother die."

Faber’s visit to Elon was sponsored by the Liberal Arts Forum, the History Department, the Office of Residence Life and Hillel, the Jewish campus life organization. Together, these organizations brought Faber to North Carolina for one week where he spoke at Elon, Meredith College, North Carolina State and Chapel Hill.

"I hope it was educational," said Steve Anderson, Assistant Director of Residence Life. Anderson said the presentation was planned to be meaningful, important, as well as inspiring. "I hope it gave the audience something to take with them for their generation and future generations."

Faber lectures frequently for no cost, and his book is a required reading at many middle and high schools as well as colleges and universities across the nation. His book was recently published in German and is now a part of the curriculum in many schools in Germany.

Many students who attended the presentation said they enjoyed the chance to hear Faber speak. "I think every book I have read about the Holocaust pales in comparison to this. I’ve read people’s accounts, but to actually hear someone’s account and to see them choke up and cry about it so many years later is one of the most moving experiences of my life," said freshman Trista Duval.

The presentation lasted almost two hours, and at the conclusion of the lecture, the audience rewarded Faber with a full minute of standing ovation.

Before concluding, Faber offered some advice and words of warning to those in the audience. "You are the future of this great country and you must learn to respect each other. It doesn’t matter if you’re black, white, Hispanic, Jewish or Catholic—there is one god and he loves us all." He said, "Unless you learn to accept each other, you are going to destroy each other. You can live together," said Faber, "it doesn’t matter what race or religion you are."

vincentferrer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby vincentferrer » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:33 am)

vincentferrer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby vincentferrer » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:37 am)

Faber travels around the nation, telling his story, because he wants to stop hate. :wink:

(Keep the kleenex handy, it gets better )

vincentferrer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby vincentferrer » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:39 am)

“I am completely amazed that he was able to survive everything he endured. :lol:

You are not alone. Consider the guy who made it up. :wink:

vincentferrer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby vincentferrer » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:43 am)

Grab the kleenex :

http://www.aasa.org/publications/cdarti ... umber=5542
The Conference Daily

Sunday, Feb. 26, 2006
Holocaust survivor renews educational campaign with AASA member

By Larry M. Edwards

The number 161051 is tattooed on his left forearm. It is the only visual evidence David Faber carried with him when liberated from the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp on April 15, 1945.

“Holocaust survivors have no pictures — only memories,” Faber said.

It is those memories this Holocaust survivor and author shares with students every chance he gets. Since publishing his book, Because of Romek: A Holocaust Survivor’s Memoir, in 1993, Faber has made hundreds of appearances at public schools, community colleges and universities nationwide. Sixteen states have adopted the book as required reading in their schools.

Although he will speak to any group, he especially enjoys speaking to school kids. “They are the future of our country,” said Faber, who was taken to the first of several concentration camps in 1939 at age 13.

“I lost the best years of my life, which you children have,” he tells students. “You can teach your own children to love, don’t teach them to hate.”

Faber, who now lives in San Diego, visited the AASA National Conference on Education on Friday morning as a guest of James DeZwaan, superintendent of Bourbonnais Elementary School District No. 53 in Bourbonnais, Ill. Faber wants school superintendents across the country to know he’s available to speak, free of charge, to their students.

DeZwaan met Faber a year ago, after discovering Faber’s book while attending a school administrator’s conference. He invited the Holocaust survivor to speak in Illinois, scheduling19 engagements.

“We covered about 1,000 miles driving around Kankakee County,” DeZwaan said. “It’s a message that needs to be heard.”

Initially, recounting his memories gave Faber a nervous breakdown. But he persevered because he knew its importance, eventually filling 11 hours of magnetic tape. San Diego State University history professor David D. Kitchen transcribed the recordings, which are now memorialized in the book.

Faber still gets emotional when telling his story. A particularly evocative memory is the day of his rescue at Bergen-Belsen, which he recalls while looking at a picture of two women in his book, Grizel Crosthwaire and Margaret Montgomery of the British Red Cross.

“They saved me,” Faber said. “I was lying among dead bodies, nearly starved to death and suffering from typhus, when they heard me groan.” He weighed 72 pounds and could no longer stand on his own.

Later, in England, Faber was reunited with his sister Rachel, the only other family member to survive World War II. Rachel had left their native Poland prior to the war and was smuggled into Great Britain. “Ninety-six members of my extended family were killed by the Nazis,” Faber said.

The personal horror of the Holocaust began for Faber the day his mother sent him out to buy milk in the Polish town of Katowice. On the street, German soldiers were rounding up Jews. “Like messengers of death, the Nazis had come,” he writes in his book.

They ordered him into a truck and took him to a nearby concentration camp. He escaped from that camp, crawling under the barbed wire at night. When he got home, his family had disappeared. He tracked them down in another town, Tarnow, where they had hoped to hide from the Nazis.

But all Jews were ordered to register with the Gestapo, who took retained Faber and his older brother, Abraham, who went by the nickname Romek and for whom Faber’s book is. Gestapo agents tortured them both, repeatedly demanding the whereabouts of a “blue file.”

Romek, who had served in the Polish army, received the harshest treatment – the agents blinded him with a hot poker. “But he never revealed the information the agents sought,” Faber said.

The younger Faber knew nothing of the mysterious blue file and the agents let him go. But not before tying him to a chair, knocking out most of his teeth, and pushing him down a flight of stairs. He never saw his brother again.

Back home, he and his family lived in terror. They were slowly starving, because Jews were forbidden from entering stores. Whenever they heard the Nazis’ boots on the stairway leading to their fourth-floor ghetto apartment, they rushed into hiding in a space behind the stairwell. But one day his father did not get into the hiding place soon enough and went to the roof instead. There the Nazis discovered him and pushed him off.

By this time – late 1942 — most of the people in the building had been killed. One day Faber went scavenging in the empty apartments and discovered jewelry the German soldiers had missed. That night, he snuck out and went to a nearby farm, where he traded the jewelry for a chicken and some eggs.

But while he and what remained of his family enjoyed their meager feast, they failed to hear the boots. As the Nazi’s kicked in the door, Faber crawled beneath a sofa and hid. His mother and five sisters were caught, however, and shot to death. After the soldiers left, Faber wiped the blood from his dead mother’s face, then embraced her body and made a vow: “I promise you, mama, I will live. I’ll tell the world what they’ve done to us.”

Faber hid in the building for several more days, but ran out of food and water. Then one day he heard a voice from a loudspeaker commanding all Jews to give themselves up or starve to death. He gave himself up.

All told, he was held in nine concentration camps, including Auchwitz, the notorious death camp in Poland. There, because he spoke German as well as Polish, the Nazis forced Faber to assist them. He had to punch holes in cans of Zyklon B pellets that were used to gas the Jews. After each group had been killed, he had to extract any teeth containing gold fillings and collect jewelry from the bodies. But the gas chambers were not efficient enough, so the Nazis resorted to other methods of killing, Faber said.

“The trains arrived day and night,” he recalled. “The Nazis dug big ditches and forced men, women and children into them, then sprayed them with gasoline.

“They burned the people alive. I can still hear their screams,” Faber said, his voice cracking with emotion.
Why did he survive when 6 million others did not? “Only God knows the answer to that,” Faber said, glancing at his book.

In the mid-1950s, Faber emigrated from England to Springfield, Mass. Believing the war and Holocaust were behind him, he got another scare: He received a letter from the Consulate of the German Republic asking him to be a witness for his dead brother. With memories of the Gestapo still vivid in his mind, he refused. But later he learned from the FBI the German’s wanted his help in identifying Nazi war criminals. He did, recognizing an associate of brother’s by a scar on the man’s neck.

“They told me he was a spy,” Faber said, “He betrayed my brother and others in the resistance movement, and he caused the deaths of 18,000 Allied soldiers.”

That’s when Faber learned his brother had been “the brains” behind an efforts to block shipments of heavy water from Norway to Germany for use in manufacturing atomic bombs. The details of that resistance effort were contained in the “blue file” the Gestapo had wanted so desperately.

Faber later testified at the trial of John Demjanjuk in Israel.

As for those who, like Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, insist the Holocaust is myth, he shrugged. “I’m used to it.”

He is pleased that Holocaust denier David Irving is in jail in Austria. “I want to see justice,” he says. “Hate destroys our world. Unless we all learn to respect one another, we will destroy one another.”

With the help of his granddaughter, Anna Vaisman, Faber completed a second edition of his book, which cites further evidence gleaned from German records of the concentration camps where he’d been held. “I want her to carry on after I am gone,” said Faber, who turns 80 in July.

And during his morning visit to the AASA national conference, he unveiled a companion study guide for teachers, handing Superintendent DeZwaan the first CD. The study guide reinforces the message in Faber’s book, a message that’s directed at students, teachers and administrators alike: “Teach your children to love. Don’t let it happen again.”

For more information, contact David Faber at Faber Press, 5638 Lake Murray Blvd., #206, La Mesa, CA 91942-1929, (619) 265-7112, www.BecauseofRomek.com.

Amalek

Postby Amalek » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:09 am)

I think we have an ASSHOL here!!!

And just how are you the brains of an effort to interrupt heavy water shipments from Norway to Germany - from POLAND!!!

If he punched holes in Zyklon B cans, shouldn't he be dead, or have been terribly sickened; by punching holes in cans, you expose the Zyklon B to air which starts the outgassing - presumably right in his face.

This old fart obviously loves the attention and playing the role of some hero and the sustained applause of gullible fools too ignorant to realize that he's a master liar.

And just what was his testimony at the Demjanyuk trial?! The man was innocent, after all.

But holocaust revisionists are the crackpots!!! What a wacky confused world we suffer in.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:19 pm)

"They were torturing him, punching into him and hitting him again and again," Faber said telling about the death of his brother. "They took out a red hot poker and pushed it into his left eye. I was 14 years old, just a boy, and I was watching my brother die."

Come on. Does anybody think the staff would tolerate such a thing even if it happend, which I don't believe it did. I believe this person is not telling the truth.

-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

vincentferrer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby vincentferrer » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:58 pm)

The so called secret operation to block shipments of heavy water to Germany is something that really took place.

Faber is just substituting his brother into the event.

After all, if the brother and family died of typhus, who is gonna be interested in that tale. :geek:
Make it gory and brutal and as repulsive as can be. Hence all he is doing is creating hate. Of who ? Germans !

Isn't that the whole point. If that is not racism, what is ?

However, while Faber places his 17 year old brother as the main player ....the reality is this operation was conducted by Norweigians. opps.

Can you imagine the way crowds likely respond. After 2 hours of hearing how his brother and family were tortured and killed, and he is down to 72 pounds in a camp, the audience now realizes his brother, of all people, saved the world, because Germany did not get the bomb built !

What a ego trip.

The fact all sorts fo NEW MATERIAL is being added to this roadshow is telling. chances are everything he says, is swallowed whole. So , why not add some additional "details" :wink: , that no person is dare going to try and refute. :cheers:

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:13 pm)

Faber lectures frequently for no cost, and his book is a required reading at many middle and high schools as well as colleges and universities across the nation. His book was recently published in German and is now a part of the curriculum in many schools in Germany.

Sixteen states have adopted the book as required reading in their schools.

Such BS.
Shyster Faber lectures at "no cost", but is promoting his book for major profits and undoubtedly receives an 'expenses' stipend. So what we end up with here is a book promotion tour paid for by taxpayers.

And note the fact that reading his nonsense is required by law.

Judeo-supremacism reigns supreme.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:29 pm)

“The trains arrived day and night,” he recalled. “The Nazis dug big ditches and forced men, women and children into them, then sprayed them with gasoline.”

What a insidious liar. And this person's book is required reading in many schools. I wonder if he is a big admirer of Elie (The Weasel) Wiesel.

“They burned the people alive. I can still hear their screams,” Faber said, his voice cracking with emotion.
Why did he survive when 6 million others did not? “Only God knows the answer to that,” Faber said, glancing at his book.

I bet God knows you're a liar of the worst stripe. The Germans never burned people alive. You survived because there was really nothing but disease which could take your life, or being a criminal.

-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:54 pm)

That this is swallowed by the press and public is almost even more unbelievable than the pure, undiluted BS this old fart is spreading.

Spraying people with gasoline and then putting them on fire more "effective" than gassing them en masse? Well, there were no homicidal gas chambers so of course it was more effective... :wink:

Opening Zyklon B cans through having Jewish kids punch holes in them!?! Were the people trained for handling this fumigant all on sick leave, or had they thrown the tools normally used for opening the cans down a well or something? The kid would surely have risked poison gas exposure and death - if he had in fact ever seen or touched a Zyklon B can during the war, that is...

Later, in England, Faber was reunited with his sister Rachel, the only other family member to survive World War II. Rachel had left their native Poland prior to the war and was smuggled into Great Britain. “Ninety-six members of my extended family were killed by the Nazis,” Faber said.

Isn't it always approx. a hundred dead "extended family members"? Bet he and the rest of his closest relatives didn't even bother to check if their great-grand cousins or whatever were actually dead.

"The problem was and the problem still is, there is too much hatred in the world. We were living in a country of hate," Faber said. "The people of Poland had been brainwashed by the Nazis for hundreds of years into believing it was okay to kill the Jews."

Wow! I didn't know Hitler was born AD 1700! He looked quite young for his age I must say! Was he possibly a ringwraith or something? :lol:

Faber later testified at the trial of John Demjanjuk in Israel.

Yes, I can certainly believe that. The witness statements were, as we all remember, of excellent quality. :roll:

Since he claims to have witnessed against Demjanjuk - did he survive Treblinka too? :o

He is pleased that Holocaust denier David Irving is in jail in Austria. “I want to see justice,” he says. “Hate destroys our world. Unless we all learn to respect one another, we will destroy one another.”

A trully disgusting and pervertedly hypocritical old piece of s**t, this Faber. What this man wants is not justice, but perpetuation of a fraud, a criminal deception of vast proportions.

This would be trully hilarious if it wasn't for the thought of thousands of school children reading this tripe and believing every word of it as gospel truth, which is just sad and sickening.

vincentferrer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby vincentferrer » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:08 pm)

If a Nazi stuck a RED HOT poker in his brother's eye, why not David's eye.

The" So called survivor" , David Fiber, makes the claim he had all but two of his teeth knocked out at age 13.

Keep in mind at this age, a 13 year old has many of their permanent molars in place.

I will ask a DDS friend , but I believe it is all 8.

Now think about this for a minute.

How do you actually knock OUT a molar from a person's mouth ?

Most people have had a molar or wisdom tooth pulled.
That is a fairly tough thing to do, pull a wisdom tooth out.

Does a punch make it fly out ? No.

I believe while a person can have a few front teeth knocked out, it is impossible for somone to have all but 2 of 28 teeth knocked out.

This really needs to be asked of him one day.

By the way, for those keeping score.

One version of his story has David in 8 camps, the new version is 9 camps. I guess we need another 'survivor' to settle the matter.

4 more camps and he breaks the all time record of 12 held by Simon.

Is there any proof he weighed 72 pounds, or is that one more item we take at face value. If he was actually weighed, there must be some official record of it.

PLAYWRIGHT
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PLAYWRIGHT » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:31 am)

This is more important than you think, this Munchenhausen storyteller is spreading his crap all over schools in the U.S., and nobody is asking any questions.

Does anybody have this information?

Number 161051 would have him arriving a Auschwitz when?

Is his name on Danuta Czech’s list of Sonderkommando?

I can’t find him listed as a witness at the Demjanjuk trial. Is there a list of witnesses?

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:31 am)

PLAYWRIGHT wrote:Is his name on Danuta Czech’s list of Sonderkommando?

I don't have this list at hand but at least the name David Faber isn't included on this list, which I suspect is at least partially based on the list made by Danuta Czech:

http://www.sonderkommando-studien.de/ar ... erzeichnis

Maly Jacek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Maly Jacek » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:49 pm)

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”