Schopenhauer on truth, remember it

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Goethe
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Schopenhauer on truth, remember it

Postby Goethe » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:49 am)

All truth passes through three stages.

First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer, philosopher, 1788-1860
"The coward threatens when he is safe".
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

TMoran
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby TMoran » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:10 am)

The words of great historical figures, certain leaders and just about all philosophers are on the side of freedom and truth.

From Plato to Thomas Jefferson, their words endorse the legitimacy and rights of Holocaust revisionism.

The only thing the traditional anti-revisionists can do is to utter words like, 'We agree with those words, but the Holocaust is unique and different so special exclusionary rules must apply.'

Obersto

Postby Obersto » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:12 pm)

Many excellent quotes, some with great relevance to revisionism.

http://www.wintersonnenwende.com/scriptorium/english/archives/quotations/quotations01.html
"As to the Holocaust, I just raised a few questions. And I didn't receive any answers to my questions."
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Richard Perle
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Richard Perle » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:57 pm)

Obersto wrote:Many excellent quotes, some with great relevance to revisionism.

http://www.wintersonnenwende.com/scriptorium/english/archives/quotations/quotations01.html

Are all of those quotes legit? I've often felt that some were too good to be true. The one in your signature for example.

Obersto

Postby Obersto » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:27 pm)

Richard Perle wrote:
Obersto wrote:Many excellent quotes, some with great relevance to revisionism.

Are all of those quotes legit? I've often felt that some were too good to be true. The one in your signature for example.

That is a valid concern. It is of course always important to cross-check a quote, just as you would a reference or anything other. I beleive a few of the Churchill quotations are misquotes, stemming from the fact that a few of them don't seem to be archived in the Churchill Centre's database (although this is not altogether surprising).

As for as I know, the Sefton Delmer quote in my sig is legitimate. It was spoken in conversation with a German professor named Freiderich Grimm and alluded in a later publication by him called Politische Justiz, published in 1953, which is also available on vho.org (in German only).

Best regards,
Obersto
"As to the Holocaust, I just raised a few questions. And I didn't receive any answers to my questions."

- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Richard Perle
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Richard Perle » 1 decade 4 years ago (Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:52 am)

The trouble is, although it might have a source, who is to say that the source is legit? It all goes back to the word of one man. I'm not saying the words were never spoken but can we be certain that the conversation took place?

Turpitz
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Turpitz » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:16 am)

The trouble is, although it might have a source, who is to say that the source is legit? It all goes back to the word of one man. I'm not saying the words were never spoken but can we be certain that the conversation took place?

It may be impossible to prove the words were spoken. All the same what was supposedly spoken is exactly what has happened, isn't it?

To Germany especially, but during the intervening years to a great many other countries also. The post-war leftist regimes spend half their resources lying, smearmongering, hissing and spitting behind others backs. This has gone on for some sixty years unchecked, every year they get braver and more brash in their conceited manner, to the point where we are now verging on a nuclear war, on behalf of an enemy who other than a brave few in their cowardice are prepared not to even acknowledge.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:52 am)

It has been said that Dennis Delmer put a captured German sign on his desk which read: ,Juden sind hier unerwünscht'. The purpose was to not loose his objective; the total defeat of Germany.

-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”