NEWS / 'Survivors' Demand even More Money

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

NEWS / 'Survivors' Demand even More Money

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:09 pm)

Holocaust Survivors Grow Poorer in Israel
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060425/ap_ ... st_1;_ylt=
Av.n8KNHSJkSrdfwEDuOdAA.v20B;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

By LAURIE COPANS, Associated Press
Apr. 25, 2006

When Gizela Burg arrived in Israel after making it out of four Nazi concentration camps alive, she thought her problems of survival were behind her. But now, at the age of 83, she can no longer afford to pay her growing medical bills.

Burg is among about 90,000 Holocaust survivors — a third of the total in Israel — who live in poverty, according to official figures. For the childless widow, her inability to fix her television or afford a taxi meant she was spending Israel's annual Holocaust remembrance day on Tuesday alone and in silence.

Israelis marked the day, beginning at sunset Monday, by closing bars, discos and other places of entertainment. Television and radio stations broadcast the stories of survivors. Air raid sirens sounded at midmorning Tuesday to mark a two-minute period of silence in memory of the 6 million Jews killed during World War II.

Israeli officials warned in speeches that anti-Semitism has not yet been eradicated in the world. Speaking at the opening ceremony Monday evening, Israeli President Moshe Katsav called for vigilance.

"I call on the Western world not to stand silently in the face of the nations that are trying to acquire nuclear weapons and preach for the destruction of the state of Israel," Katsav said, without mentioning Iran by name. Iran's president has called for Israel to be wiped off the face of the earth, and Iran is widely believed to be trying to manufacture atomic bombs.

But at home, Israel is having trouble caring for aging Holocaust survivors, as their medical bills grow each year.

An organization called the Holocaust Survivors' Welfare Fund distributes government aid for medical costs, but its budget in recent years has not grown in proportion to the need. Less than 10 percent of the fund's annual $35 million budget comes from the government. Eighty-five percent of the fund's money comes from a New-York based Claims Conference, which is funded, in turn, by Germany and Austria.

The Israeli government has increased funding for the organization in recent years, from $435,000 two years ago to $3 million slated for this year. But most of the funds for 2006 have not yet come through.

About 10,000 survivors who are eligible for medical aid are not receiving it, said the chairman of the fund, Zeev Factor, 80, and himself a Holocaust survivor.

"These people are barely surviving, but the crisis begins when a real sickness befalls them," Factor said. "The government of Israel has received money from the German government ... but I think the government didn't use enough for the survivors."

Like many others who survived the war and moved to Israel, Burg took a job with a modest salary, as a doctor's assistant, and had even set some money aside for retirement. Her husband, a car mechanic, died of cancer 22 years ago. Her savings ran out after three eye operations.

Now she chooses to pay $1,300 for dental treatment instead of putting meat on her table or fixing her television. The fund had hoped to pay for the work on her teeth but couldn't, she said.

"I don't pay for medicine because I have to pay for electricity and for gas and property taxes," Burg said by telephone from her apartment in the Tel Aviv suburb of Holon. "TV was my entire life. I would watch Hungarian channels and remember home.

Burg is among about 90,000 Holocaust survivors — a third of the total in Israel ...
When Gizela Burg arrived in Israel after making it out of four Nazi concentration camps alive, she thought her problems of survival were behind her. But now, at the age of 83, she can no longer afford to pay her growing medical bills. Everyone knows the US taxpayers are robbed of billions every year to send to Israel.

270,000 so called 'survivors'! She was in FOUR Camps!! I thought there was an 'extermination' poilicy for every Jew the Germans could get their hands on.

She can't pay her own bills? .. welcome to the real world. The 'holocau$t' nonsense has nothing to do with it. Why can't the Israeli govt. pay her bills?
Israelis marked the day, beginning at sunset Monday, by closing bars, discos and other places of entertainment. Television and radio stations broadcast the stories of survivors. Air raid sirens sounded at midmorning Tuesday to mark a two-minute period of silence in memory of the 6 million Jews killed during World War II.

Mere propaganda theatre. There is zero evidence for '6,000,000 Jews'. None.
"I call on the Western world not to stand silently in the face of the nations that are trying to acquire nuclear weapons and preach for the destruction of the state of Israel," Katsav said, without mentioning Iran by name. Iran's president has called for Israel to be wiped off the face of the earth, and Iran is widely believed to be trying to manufacture atomic bombs.

A classic Zionist lie.

Iran has no atomic bombs and has invaded no one. Israel has hundreds of atomic bombs and has invaded/attacked every country around them.
About 10,000 survivors who are eligible for medical aid are not receiving it, said the chairman of the fund, Zeev Factor, 80, and himself a Holocaust survivor.

"These people are barely surviving, but the crisis begins when a real sickness befalls them," Factor said. "The government of Israel has received money from the German government ... but I think the government didn't use enough for the survivors."

I thought Israel had socialized medicine.

IOW, Israelis have stolen the scam money that Germany pays and someone now must now give them more. I wonder who that will be?

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:56 am)

There is no limit to their exploitation of our sentimental sympathy.

Laurie "Copans"--Nice unheard of, strange, hard to pin down what nationality, name.

Kiwichap
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kiwichap » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:43 am)

Yep, theres no doubt about it, they need more money
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=102336

High Cancer Rates Among Holocaust Survivors
09:55 Apr 23, '06 / 25 Nisan 5766

(IsraelNN.com) Holocaust survivors in Israel appear to have a higher rate of cancer than their fellow citizens of the same age who made their way to the Land of Israel prior to World War II, according to a groundbreaking new Israeli study. Furthermore, survivors who get cancer have a slightly lower rate of recovery from the disease than those who did not experience the Holocaust. Other details of the study show that those survivors who were children at the time of the Holocaust have higher cancer rates even than fellow survivors who went through the war as adults.

Could that be because Hitler exploded that atomic bomb?
There was no holocaust.

Tit 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:05 am)

High Cancer Rates Among Holocaust Survivors

Assuming that it's true (anything from 'Israel' is necessarily questionable), we appear to have an example of what suppressed guilt from lying can do to a person.

- Hannover

grapple

Postby grapple » 1 decade 3 years ago (Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:52 am)

The holocaust must still be going on since Israel gov claimed that world wide there were 1,092,000 holocaust survivors in 2004, so if there are now only 270,000 so called 'survivors' now then who is killing them?

At the beginning of 2004, 1,092,000 Holocaust survivors were still living worldwide, about half of them in Israel. About 10% of survivors die each year, the report said.

www.usatoday.com/news/world/2005-04-20-holocaust_x.htm

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 3 years ago (Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:11 am)

These people should get hold of Norman Finkelstein's book "The Holocaust Industry" (assuming it's not banned in Israel) to educate themselves about the billions extorted in the shakedown of the Swiss banks and others supposedly to help Holocaust survivors like these who are in need. In fact the money is now in the hands of the Industry representatives under the supervision of the US District Court Judge Korman in Brooklyn who presided over the shakedown, and guess what? They have more money than they can figure what to do with. Lots more. The actual legitimate Swiss bank claimants proved to be a tiny number. That's right, they can't find enough legitimate victims to give the money to. The Court finally decided to give a pile to "victims" in Russia whose identity is somewhat murky and some real US survivors in need (yes, there are such, not many, but some) have complained bitterly. Those Jews in Israel who may be legitimate claimants should get on line. They better get theirs before the lawyers get theirs and the ADL takes the huge remainder.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:46 am)

Radar said:
The Court finally decided to give a pile to "victims" in Russia whose identity is somewhat murky and some real US survivors in need (yes, there are such, not many, but some) have complained bitterly. Those Jews in Israel who may be legitimate claimants should get on line.

Say what?
"Real survivors"? Survived what?
The word "survivor" implies surviving extermination, which has no basis in fact.

- Hannover

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 3 years ago (Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:37 pm)

Hannover,

I do not wish to deny that there were Jews who were unjustly sent to the camps by the Nazis, do you? Some died, if not from the gas chambers then from typhus and the poor conditions in the camps. I count these people as legitimate "survivors". People like the parents of Norman Finklestein. Have I done something to offend?

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:27 pm)

I do not wish to deny that there were Jews who were unjustly sent to the camps by the Nazis, do you? Some died, if not from the gas chambers then from typhus and the poor conditions in the camps. I count these people as legitimate "survivors". People like the parents of Norman Finklestein. Have I done something to offend?

Please Radar, no strawmen. I know that Jews were send to work camps, many were common criminals too.

There is no IF here Radar, there simply were no gassings.

You've stretched 'survivor' to include anyone sent to a camp. That being the case, I see no reason they should be compensated for life. What a gravy train. Incidence of typhus hardly makes someone a 'survivor' of the bogus claim of a German extermination policy; and that is exactly what the term means when applied to Jews of WWII ... they supposedly 'survived' a policy to exterminate them.

Take note that there has been zero compensation for the 'survivors' of judeo-centric Communism; Communist gulags, Communist mass murders of Christians just for being Christian, etc.

- Hannover

J William
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby J William » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:22 am)

Radar wrote:Hannover,

It is difficult to believe that anyone that has been exposed to the exposure of the "holocaust" scam as shown on this site would call a "chosen" select group of persons survivors while ignoring the travails of other civilians and armed forces during the period of WWII. There were of course wrongs done to Jews during that period but there were at least comparable if not greater wrongs done to many groups by all parties during that time frame. But the only group getting money and sympathy for perceived wrongs are the Jews. Could it possibly be that the Allied Governments of WWII need this type of alleged atrocity (genocide) to deflect tyhe absolutely inhumane, criminal actions taken by them during and after the war? Using the above quoted standards for a legitimate "survivor, I would offer that civilians en masse affected by the illegal bombings deserve monetary and moral compensation also. Or is it just Jews that deserve compensation?

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:08 pm)

Good points all. Jews were certainly not the only victims of injustices during the WWII period. Certainly German civilians, the victims of civilian terror bombings and expulsion from their homes in the east are an example of those not compensated except by their own people.

For the purposes of discussion I have conceded that Jews sent to camps just because they were Jews (not criminals) were among the victims, certainly not the only ones, but the most successful as a group at extracting monetary compensation from the defeated and other sources. The "Holocaust Industry" illustrates the extremes to which this can go and the Swiss bank shakedown is just one example. So, what's to get angry about? I assume that no one here subscribes to the canard often heaped on revisionists that we say that "nothing bad happened to the Jews".

This has nothing to do with the gas chamber stories.

The people sent to the camps would not have been exposed to the typhus epidemics if they were not in the camps, right?

And, yes, there probably are old Jews, camp "survivors", in need, here and in Russia, although I doubt there are as many as claimed by the Industry.

What are we talking about here?

vincentferrer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby vincentferrer » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:39 am)

The Austrian Government has recently settled with the Holocaust mafia extortionists for $1 billion dollars. Someone needs to let this lady in on that haul.

Where is all the reparations money going ?

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”