anti-Revisionist Michael Shermer and his book debunked

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
jheitwler

Postby jheitwler » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:03 pm)

Vlad wrote:An "updated and expanded" edition of Shermer's and Grobman's book is currently being advertised, containing "a new chapter and epilogue examining current, shockingly mainstream revisionism".
http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/8295001.php

I wonder if he'll acknowledge his debate with Mark Weber back in 1995 in this updated and expanded edition of the book? He detailed his appearance on Phil Donohue opposite Bradley Smith/David Cole in the first edition of the book but was strangely silent on the Weber debate.

What I'm curious about is on Donohue he mentions talking to his 'fellow holocaust scholars' about some of the issues revisionists have raised and was awaiting their reply. In the Weber debate he discusses his recent visit to the death camps and his attempt to get answers about some of the incongruities he saw.

Surely fifteen years is long enough for these 'fellow scholars' to get back to him with cogent answers, isn't it?

I bet this updated edition is the death knell for revisionism. Schermer's going to tear all of us a new one. He's going to put us in our place. When he's through with us, we'll all believe in the holocaust just like we did way back when we first started reading about it. We're going to....ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

This should be good for a few laughs. : )
"First of all there is the fact that if we assume the Holocaust to have happened more or less as told, all the evidence becomes intelligible, while if we assume it was a hoax, most of the evidence does not make any sense." - Robert Jan Van Pelt

Vlad

Postby Vlad » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:40 pm)

The additional chapter will probably be more or less identical with Shermer's recent article in his Skeptic magazine. Richard Widmann's comments can be found here:
http://www.codoh.com/viewpoints/vprwshermer.html

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”