Looking for accurate architectural plans of Auschwitz

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
TMoran
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby TMoran » 1 decade 7 years ago (Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:48 pm)

Hannover had said about the reduced Pressac book:
It was in his 2nd work that the reduction to ca. 500,000 was introduced....for which he cannot substantiate, I might add.

Germania said:
you read it?in german? can you please explain why he cannot substianate for the number?

Germania, I think what you have to do is get the book and then show where he does substantiate any 1,000,000 or even the 500,000. I believe the record shows that others on this board have been showing how not so you should show how.

Take my word for it, Pressac's book is only good for advancing revisionist conclusions when it's subjected to analysis.

Check out the Internet under 'pressac' and see who has the commitment to what.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 7 years ago (Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:59 pm)

Apparently Angel, you found a library copy (which indeed are around), but I think the question was really about the purchase price should anyone care to buy one; or, in the case of judeo-supremacist organizations like 'Hillel' & the 'Anti-Defamation League', buy up existing copies to keep from the public.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

TMoran
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby TMoran » 1 decade 7 years ago (Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:07 pm)

Hannover said:
Apparently Angel, you found a library copy (which indeed are around), but I think the question was really about the purchase price should anyone care to buy one; or, in the case of judeo-supremacist organizations like 'Hillel' & the 'Anti-Defamation League', buy up existing copies to keep from the public.

==============================================

I wouldn't know if there would be any proof of Holocaust community members or organizations buying up Pressac's book or other books but I would say 'burning books' is probably taking place and Pressac's book would be one sought after the most.

We know Holocaust community members and organizations bellow for the 'burning of books' when it comes to revisionist treatments but it's poetic to think that they have to worry about their own books.

I recall one of the most touted photographs of Nazi activity after the war was the one of them burning books. We won't find that photo in any Holocaust community websites or publications. Should we wonder why?

simon1003

Postby simon1003 » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:58 pm)

I'm pretty new to this forum, I don't have the time to read every thread, so please forgive me if I rake over previously discussed topics.

When questions about the architecture of Auschwitz are discussed, it always puzzles me why the Germans decided to build their extermination centre above ground, basically open to any kind surveillance.

German fortifications on the Normandy coast and on the channel islands, not to mention their fortified sub-pens prove that the Germans were very capable in building subterranean installations.

So why build your weapon of mass murder in the open?

They chose to build the morgues underground, as one would expect given the threat posed by typhus. Was it beyond them to build the crematoria below ground?

Or maybe it was a double-bluff, i.e if we build it in the open, they'll never suspect.

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:15 am)

Hannover wrote:Van Pelt's main interest would seem to be the almighty $$$.

I have no doubt this has its place, but ultimately with Van Pelt, I think its a religious thing. The holocaust is one of the three pillars of Jewish identity, along with Judaism and Israel.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”