Irving released?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Gertrud

Postby Gertrud » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:34 am)

"Holocaust-Denier Has No Remorse
Sky News Friday December 22, 05:21 AM

Controversial historian David Irving has arrived back in the UK saying he would repeat the comments that led to his imprisonment in Austria. Mr Irving said he felt "no need any longer to show remorse" for his views on the Holocaust, for which he was sentenced to three years behind bars. He also called for a boycott of all Austrian and German historians until the laws which made Holocaust denial illegal in those countries were overturned.

Mr Irving spoke after being deported from Austria, having served a third of his sentence on charges of denying the Holocaust.

His release came after Vienna's highest court ruled two thirds of the writer's jail term should be converted into probation.

Speaking at Heathrow Airport last night, Mr Irving said: "On Auschwitz, I was mistaken.

"I said that there were no gas chambers, although that was strictly true because I later discovered evidence that they were in fact just outside the camp.

"But I now accept that there were gas chambers at Auschwitz. On the overall question, however, I think that historians have been looking at the wrong camps."

Irving had been in custody since his November 2005 arrest on charges arising from two speeches he gave in Austria in 1989.

He was accused of denying the Nazis' extermination of six million Jews happened.

He has argued that most of those who died at concentration camps, including Auschwitz, succumbed to diseases such as typhus rather than execution."

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:43 am)

Hello Gertrud. No comments for us?

Irving:
"I said that there were no gas chambers, although that was strictly true because I later discovered evidence that they were in fact just outside the camp.

"But I now accept that there were gas chambers at Auschwitz. On the overall question, however, I think that historians have been looking at the wrong camps."

I wonder how long he'll keep saying that nonsense?

I can only guess he's referring to Fritjof Meyer's discredited attempt to claim the non-existent 'gas chambers' were in some absurd structures ('bunkers') supposedly just outside of Auschwitz.

see Meyer debunked here:

'Fritjof Meyer's fall back position ripped by Jürgen Graf'
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=1298

'The Bunkers of Auschwitz. Black Propaganda versus History'
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=1541

'Fritjof Meyer'
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=626

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:29 am)

We have to give the man some breathing room for the moment. Many of us have been critical of him from time to time but he has had time to think about his next move and it will be very interesting to hear what he has to say now. He made a criptic remark "Mel Gibson was right", whatever that meant.

He has lost his home in London to the rapacious creditors after the Lipstadt disaster and will need support from friends whom I hope are stepping up in Britain.

Will the US allow him to return to his US Florida base as a convicted "felon"? I wouldn't be surprised if they bar him.

Reinhard
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Reinhard » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:09 pm)

Radar wrote:We have to give the man some breathing room for the moment. Many of us have been critical of him from time to time but he has had time to think about his next move and it will be very interesting to hear what he has to say now.

According to http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6204481.stm he said the following at a news conference today:
BBC wrote:At a London news conference on Friday, Mr Irving said he had been treated "with utmost contempt" in Austria and Germany. [...]

The 68-year-old insisted he was not a "Holocaust denier".

"For the last 15 years, I have made no bones at all about the fact that the Nazis killed millions of Jews in different methods around the world, around their empire, particularly on the Eastern Front," he said.

"And I've published documents that none of the conformist historians have bothered to find."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6204481.stm

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:54 pm)

"For the last 15 years, I have made no bones at all about the fact that the Nazis killed millions of Jews in different methods around the world, around their empire, particularly on the Eastern Front," he said.

Absolutely false.

In a interview with anti-Revisionist Michael Shermer he claimed that no more than 500,000 Jews died, mostly of disease.

And Irving has said:
"According to the evidence that I have seen, there were no gas chambers anywhere. The evidence that we have been shown, the aerial photographs, the eyewitnesses, it's all very spurious indeed."

"more women died on the back seat of Edward Kennedy's car at Chappaquiddick than ever died in a gas chamber in Auschwitz"

Well then, that would leave the unsupportable claim of 1-2,000,000 einsatzgruppen-shootings-into-pits.
Irving, nor anyone else, can show us the mass graves that are said to exist, said to be proof.

Never has a single mass grave been shown that corresponds to the 'holocaust' stories. Not one.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:47 pm)

Reinhard and Hannover, I don't want to take up the defense of everything Irving does or says. He is a confused and confusing person. We will see what he does now. I just say let's give him some air at the moment.

How he can subscribe to the Meyer "bunker" gassing stories is beyond understanding if that is what he is saying. I wonder if he has even read the shredding of those theories by Graf and Mattogno. He seems to have a practice of not reading any other views which is only arrogant and stupid.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”