Richard Lake of the 8th Air Force

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
BradRules

Richard Lake of the 8th Air Force

Postby BradRules » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:10 pm)

My wifes great uncle (Richard Lake of the 8th Air Force) personally toured a german death camp. He saw the starved naked corpses piled up like cordwood. Richard was never interviewed by a news crew, he never testified in a trial and never told anybody but his family and friends about what he saw.

Why would Richard lie about such a thing to his family? What purpose would have been served?

There are thousands of Richard Lakes in America and yet I haven't heard a single one claiming that the death camps were a hoax.

Sailor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Richard Lake of the 8th Air Force

Postby Sailor » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm)

BradRules wrote:My wifes great uncle (Richard Lake of the 8th Air Force) personally toured a german death camp. He saw the starved naked corpses piled up like cordwood. Richard was never interviewed by a news crew, he never testified in a trial and never told anybody but his family and friends about what he saw.

Which German death camp did Richard tour?

:D
fge

TMoran
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby TMoran » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:11 am)

Bradrules claims:
(Richard Lake of the 8th Air Force) personally toured a german death camp. He saw the starved naked corpses piled up like cordwood. Richard was never interviewed by a news crew, he never testified in a trial and never told anybody but his family and friends about what he saw.

There are thousands of Richard Lakes in America and yet I haven't heard a single one claiming that the death camps were a hoax.

==============================================

If there are thousands of Richard Lakes in America how come this Richard Lake is the only with a story?

AngelofDeath

Postby AngelofDeath » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:10 am)

Many times after I have mentioned (in public) that the alleged Holocaust is a hoax, I always find a person that knew of another person that had a great ungle that had a buddy that had a cousin that liberated the Nazi camps.

Below is an explaination.

"When American and British forces overran western and central Germany in the spring of 1945, they were followed by troops charged with discovering and securing any evidence of German war crimes.

Among them was Dr. Charles Larson, one of America's leading forensic pathologists, who was assigned to the US Army's Judge Advocate General's Department. As part of a US War Crimes Investigation Team, Dr. Larson performed autopsies at Dachau and some twenty other German camps, examining on some days more than 100 corpses. After his grim work at Dachau, he was questioned for three days by US Army prosecutors. (note 1)

Dr. Larson's findings? In an 1980 newspaper interview he said: "What we've heard is that six million Jews were exterminated. Part of that is a hoax." (note 2) And what part was the hoax? Dr. Larson, who told his biographer that to his knowledge he "was the only forensic pathologist on duty in the entire European Theater" of Allied military operations, (note 3) confirmed that "never was a case of poison gas uncovered." (note 4)"

"As Dr. Larson and other Allied medical men discovered, the chief cause of death at Dachau, Belsen and the other camps was disease, above all typhus, an old and terrible scourge of mankind that until recently flourished in places where populations were crowded together in circumstances where public health measures were unknown or had broken down. Such was the case in the overcrowded internment camps in Germany at war's end, where, despite such measures as systematic delousing, quarantine of the sick and cremation of the dead, the virtual collapse of Germany's food, transport, and public health systems led to catastrophe."

http://www.ihr.org/leaflets/liberationofthecamps.html

TMoran
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby TMoran » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:12 am)

BradRules, under the post 'Hitler" posted by yourself I took issue with your saying it was "evidence". It then got into you saying:
"Then why is what people say admitted into court proceedings?
Thousands of people are convicted in court every year in America based mostly on confessions they make. What people say may not constitute "evidence" to you, to the majority of people and justice systems, it most assuredly does."

I cited something that would challenge your anouncement and asked:
'When you say "thousands of people are convicted in court every year in America based mostly on confessions" are you saying you could refer the reader over to where you can document that so they would know it's not just something you made up?'

You never replied to the challenge to what you announced. You did show up to respond to another post but you simply ignored the question. something else abo

You had also said:
"Most of what we learn about history is based on reading what another person says. If I were to reject every historical book I read because I couldn't touch or see the evidence that it actually happened, I would be forced to reject the whole of the history of western civilization. I can't prove that it actually happened. What evidence do I have that George Washington ever existed? All I have is a bunch of documents that reference and quote him but they could be works of fiction for all I know."

I replied with the question:
'What histories did you have in mind when you say, "Most of what we learn about in history is based on reading what another person says"?'

You didn't respond to that either.

Now here you are with an announcement that there are "thousands" of persons in the United States that spent time undergoing horrible treatment in German POW camps.

I have asked you why if there are or have been thousands of others do we have only the one you came up with?

Now here's another question. What should one think about the quality of your claims if you ignore that challenge and just show up to post something else?

Thanks,
Tom Moran

BradRules

Postby BradRules » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:43 pm)

Tom,

I did in fact create a quite lengthy, eloquent and elegant response to your post. It was axed. I am sorry that you didn't get the chance to read it. I could recreate the material but it would be probably be axed again. Ask the administrator if I can I respond. If he gives the go ahead, I will respond.

Postby Moderator » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:23 pm)

Just start a separate thread (topic), as I previously advised you; there's no objections to that. I simply don't want threads that go off topic. It's all stated in the guidelines.

Thanks, Moderator

BradRules

Postby BradRules » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:09 pm)

Tom wrote:
If there are thousands of Richard Lakes in America how come this Richard Lake is the only with a story?

He isn't, just ask Angel who wrote:
Many times after I have mentioned (in public) that the alleged Holocaust is a hoax, I always find a person that knew of another person that had a great ungle that had a buddy that had a cousin that liberated the Nazi camps.

There are thousands of people with thousands of stories.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:01 am)

There are also hundreds of thousands of UFO/alien abduction 'stories' too. People swear by them.

Please tell us what's said in these 'stories' of yours, be specific. Just implying something like 'everybody says so' isn't going to make it here.

Revisionists cut their teeth on these 'stories'. Please begin.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Attila

Postby Attila » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:47 am)

After a few weeks of following the debates here, I am starting to see where the problem lies. TMoran allows himself to be led off on a very wide digression, with demands for answers to his questions about George Washington and what not. When in fact, the fallacy in BradRules' initial challenge is so obvious. His uncle certainly saw emaciated dead bodies in the camp he liberated, the ones famous from the pictures of Belsen. And like so many eyewitnesses to these victims of typhus, he interpreted the facts wrongly, under the influence of the gassing stories and the very term "death camp". There is absolutely no contradiction between uncle Richard's story and the revisionist position.

But frankly, I had expected revisionists to have fewer problems in neutralizing this challenge.

Attila

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:18 am)

I fail to see the problem we had.

Brad's story has been thoroughly neutralized as he won't even answer specific challenges; perhaps knowing that we have it thoroughly covered.

Angel anticipated him and referred to Ted O'Keefe's excellent article on the Allied 'liberation' of camps.

Brad's distracting, off topic post was rightfully deleted per our guidelines and he was advised to start a separate thread.

Again, no problem whatsoever.

Attila is correct in that Moran did seem to pursue the digression. Always a temptation when certain posts contain more than one topic...hence guidelines to prevent such tactics.

- Hannover

J William
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby J William » 1 decade 6 years ago (Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:31 am)

I find that the idea of thousands of Richard Lakes around the country interesting. I had occasion to talk with one of these Richard Lake type eyewitnesses. This person claims to have taken the guided tour and seen gas chambers that were used for killing Jews at, of all places, Dachau. When I pointed out that the official word now is that there were never any homicidal gas chambers at Dachau he became quite agitated. His mind could not accept the possibility that he had been fooled by the officers giving him the tour. A perfect example of "my mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts".
The statement was made that none of these thousands of Richard Lakes deny the existence of death camps. I wonder just what is the definition of a death camp. Is it a place where many people died from whatever causes? Is it a place where people were murdered? Let's be specific. Does a hospital qualify as a house of death because many people die there?

JackBQuick

Postby JackBQuick » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:05 pm)

AngelofDeath wrote:Many times after I have mentioned (in public) that the alleged Holocaust is a hoax, I always find a person that knew of another person that had a great ungle that had a buddy that had a cousin that liberated the Nazi camps.

Below is an explaination.

"When American and British forces overran western and central Germany in the spring of 1945, they were followed by troops charged with discovering and securing any evidence of German war crimes.

Among them was Dr. Charles Larson, one of America's leading forensic pathologists, who was assigned to the US Army's Judge Advocate General's Department. As part of a US War Crimes Investigation Team, Dr. Larson performed autopsies at Dachau and some twenty other German camps, examining on some days more than 100 corpses. After his grim work at Dachau, he was questioned for three days by US Army prosecutors. (note 1)

Dr. Larson's findings? In an 1980 newspaper interview he said: "What we've heard is that six million Jews were exterminated. Part of that is a hoax." (note 2) And what part was the hoax? Dr. Larson, who told his biographer that to his knowledge he "was the only forensic pathologist on duty in the entire European Theater" of Allied military operations, (note 3) confirmed that "never was a case of poison gas uncovered." (note 4)"

"As Dr. Larson and other Allied medical men discovered, the chief cause of death at Dachau, Belsen and the other camps was disease, above all typhus, an old and terrible scourge of mankind that until recently flourished in places where populations were crowded together in circumstances where public health measures were unknown or had broken down. Such was the case in the overcrowded internment camps in Germany at war's end, where, despite such measures as systematic delousing, quarantine of the sick and cremation of the dead, the virtual collapse of Germany's food, transport, and public health systems led to catastrophe."

http://www.ihr.org/leaflets/liberationofthecamps.html

Why do revisionists only quote part of what Dr Larson says and conveniently ignore the rest?

How odd. According to Dr. Larson:

"The majority died of natural diseases of one kind or the another.
However, we did probe into such questions as, 'What happened to those
prisoners who became psychotic at Dachau? What did the Gestapo do with
them?' Well, they took those people to the crematorium. First, however,
they were taken to a big windowless building next to the crematorium where
the ceiling was covered with false shower heads. The victims were then
ordered to strip and take a 'shower.' Outside the building, guards dropped
in cyanide pellets. Then they'd blow the cyanide gas out and remove the
bodies next door to the crematorium ovens. I think this is what happened
to most of the truly psychotic prisoners and those they considered unruly
and unmanageable and who, in the Gestapo's opinion, were incorrigibles.
But, in my opinion, only relatively few of the inmates I personally
examined at Dachau were murdered in this manner. Still, medical facilities
were totally inadequate. When people fell hopelessly ill and death was
imminent, and when they grew so weak they could no longer work or
function, they were taken to the cyanide room for disposal. The Nazi
called them 'mercy killings' because there was no hope of them getting
well. Actually, the Germans considered them a liability, and extermination
was the answer." [1]

I do believe this is called "lying by omission." The fact is that Dr.
Larson _clearly_ intimates that prisoners in Dachau _were_ killed with
cyanide gas. In fact, by his statement: "...in my opinion, only relatively
few of the inmates I personally examined at Dachau were murdered in this
manner" it is implicit that Dr. Larson, in his capacity as a U.S. Army
_forensic_ pathologist (the only in Europe, lest we forget), _determined_
that prisoners had died from cyanide poisoning. (Note that it would be
unsurprising that ³relatively few of the inmates² would have been found to
have died from gassing as one could assume they would have been
cremated fairly soon afterwards .)

More...
http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/people/l/ ... .dr-larson
The Holocaust belief was doomed from the beginning; it rests on a rotten foundation.

Hyman

Postby Hyman » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:02 pm)

However you cut it, this testimony is miles away from squaring with the orthodox story. For starters, the official line now is that a gas chamber was built at Dachau, but the Germans never got around to using it. So Dr. Larson's probe probably involved inmates telling him tales of gas chamber killings similar to tales that were told in other camps where even the standard story now concedes there were no gas chambers. Rassinier, for example, writes of instances of this in relation to the camp at Buchenwald.

The orthodox story has the Germans using Zyklon B to exterminate the Jews because of their race while Dr. Larson has them using cyanide to effect "mercy killings" on the near dead. Not close to the orthodox history.

On the one hand, Dr. Larson is quoted as saying there "never was a case of poison gas uncovered." On the other hand, "...in my opinion, only relatively few of the inmates I personally examined at Dachau were murdered in this manner". Either Dr. Larson is contradicting himself, or perhaps the examinations he did at Dachau were more cursory than conclusive. After all, had he done an exhaustive examination, he would have been able to determine conclusively that the deceased either were or were not killed via cyanide poisoning - there would have been no "in my opinion". Chances are that, being aware of the repercussions, he didn't want to get out on the limb far enough to skewer totally the orthodox story.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:48 am)

Dachau? That place has been debunked from head to toe.
see:
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=963

You just gotta love the absurd bit: 'the gas chamber was built, but not used'. That's about as lame an excuse as possible. The claim of a state policy of extermination falls flat on that point alone.

The 'holocau$t' Hustlers can never keep their stories straight; and they count on people being too intimidated to check into matters and speaking up. But we aren't.

- Hannover

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”