Alleged Nazi Medical Experiments

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
rahulkghosh

Alleged Nazi Medical Experiments

Postby rahulkghosh » 1 decade 4 years ago (Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:59 pm)

Wow, I have to take this online clinical ethics for the university hospital I'm working at. The whole course is really about how medical ethics came to be from the Nuremberg Trials.

But here are some claims:

"In addition to sterilization experiments, Nazi physician/ researchers were under great pressure to develop an effective vaccine for typhus fever to administer to German troops.
At Buchenwald concentration camp, experiments were conducted in which prisoners were administered vaccine (or placebo) and then injected with blood from patients with typhus fever.

Between 1942 and 1943, about 729 people were subjected to such experiments and 154 died. In addition, other prisoners served as a "passage group." In order to keep the virus alive and virulent, the researchers would inject the virus into prisoners. When these people developed the acute illness, their blood was removed and injected into other prisoners.

The horrors of the preceding and many other "experiments," were exposed during and after World War II. The people who conducted these experiments were tried separately from other Nazi war criminals because of their professional status as physicians and the atrocious nature of their crimes.

During the trial at Nuremberg, fundamental ethical principles for the conduct of research involving humans were codified into the Nuremberg Code which sets forth ten conditions that must be met before research involving humans is ethically permissible (e.g., the need for voluntary informed consent of subjects, a scientifically valid research design that could produce fruitful results for the good of society).

The Nuremberg Code became the first international standard for the conduct of research. If you would like a copy of the Nuremberg Code obtain it at The National Institutes of Health.

To date, little use has been made of the data generated from the Nazi experiments. There is ongoing discussion in scientific and ethics communities concerning whether it is ethically permissible to use or publish the data."

Anyone know about the documents and/or evidence about these medical experiments?
Holocaust skeptic and proud of it.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:15 pm)

You're fairly new here, welcome.

Generally speaking, the claims of cruel medical experiments have no basis. I can imagine that in somes cases, in hopes of saving a grievously ill patient, a doctor may have tried an unorthodox method; certainly a positive act and not cruel. There is certainly nothing to support the claim that experimentation was condoned and widespread.

I must ask you to be specific as to what doctor and what 'experiment' is being alleged. If you're going to mention Mengele, then I can say the charges against him have no evidence whatsoever. All we have are the same kinds of wacky statements by the likes of those that claim the scientifically impossible gas chambers. If you have something about anyone specifically then start a thread and we'll take it from there.

It seems that anyone can say anything about a German in WWII and it must be accepted as fact.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

driansmith

Postby driansmith » 1 decade 4 years ago (Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:35 pm)

Absolutely. People can say whatever they like about the Nazis. To quote myself, 'In the Holocaust fairy tale, the Nazis are as evil as can possibly be. There is therefore no story that can be told about them, however defamatory, that is not accepted by the Holocaust-indoctrinated public as a priori true. There is a narrative necessity for this, because, unless the Nazis are depicted as the ultimate in evil, the idea that any human beings would deliberately exterminate millions of innocent people in gas chambers lacks all plausibility.'

This is from the recent post in my new Holocaust blog, "Good vs. evil in the Holocaust melodrama."

URL: http://holocaust-lies.blogspot.com

ClaudiaRothenbach
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby ClaudiaRothenbach » 1 decade 4 years ago (Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:50 am)

rahulkghosh wrote:To date, little use has been made of the data generated from the Nazi experiments. There is ongoing discussion in scientific and ethics communities concerning whether it is ethically permissible to use or publish the data."

The reason for the "little use" is that there were no experiments and hence there are no data.
"Everything has already been said, but not yet by everyone." - Karl Valentin

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”