David Irving visiting the Rheinhardt camps for research?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Obersto

David Irving visiting the Rheinhardt camps for research?

Postby Obersto » 1 decade 3 years ago (Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:53 pm)

From his latest Radical's Diary:

February 1, 2007 (Thursday)
London (England)

THINGS get more interesting. At 6:40 pm, Ian B. writes to me: "I am in the process of obtaining seven reels of microfilm of Rudolf Höss's (picture below right) trial in 1946 - 1947, which also contains investigation material, evidence and court documents during the commandant's trial in Kraków. If you are interested, would you like a copy at some-point." I reply: "I would be extremely interested. . . How can we arrange this? It seems vital for my Himmler biography. I am visiting all the Reinhardt sites privately in a few weeks. Where are you getting the Höss trial stuff from? While in prison I read and analysed the whole Aumeier file, very interesting indeed (he was Höss's deputy)."

Yes indeed, things HAVE goten more interesting. Seeing as how the Auschwitz authorities banned Irving from visiting Auschwitz and its archives and filming a documentary with a BBC TV crew about 10 or so years ago (apparently only those with an Auschwitz Preferred Customer Card can attempt anything resembling research there now), I can only say to him, "good luck".

I am optimistic, however. Perhaps he could sneak some shovels in with his luggage and hire some Polish laborers to get to the 'bottom' of things at Treblinka and Belzec (just work around the tacky stone monuments) and resolve this matter once and for all. Unfortunately, I seem to recall that the Protectors of the Faith don't hold curious researchers in very high regard.

The Holocaust Theme Park: Mourn, worship, or leave. No science allowed.
"As to the Holocaust, I just raised a few questions. And I didn't receive any answers to my questions."
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:31 am)

Maybe he can put on a fake mustache? 8)

It will be interesting to read what the has to say after the visit. In interviews with newsmedia he has stated or implied that he believes the standard accusations about the Reinhardt camps. But his opinions seems to be ever-changing.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:44 pm)

Veteran revisionist scholar Dr. Arthur Butz has reviewed Lady Renouf's DVD on the Irving case, Jailing Opinions:

Now the devil's side. Shortly after his release, AP reported that Irving "said he had been obliged to express regret during the court case but now had 'no need any longer to show remorse.'" The euphoria of some revisionists was understandable, as the words seemed to confirm their assumptions. They should have looked at what followed: "During his one-day trial earlier this year, Irving pleaded guilty to the charge of denying the Holocaust but maintained he never questioned it in the first place."

Then Irving gave an interview to The Guardian, posted on Dec. 22, repeating his claim that there were no gas chambers at Auschwitz, just near Auschwitz. He added that the Reinhard camps were the "real killing centres" but that the Nazis had extinguished all traces of them. "This has screwed up the tourist trade, so they concentrated on Auschwitz instead." He is no revisionist, and I am sure that fact had much to do with his early release.

My main concern in relation to Irving is wondering how much damage he will do to the public image of revisionism, now that he is free again, especially as he seems to love the limelight. However, and I have thought this over carefully, I don't believe any such damage will come as a consequence of this DVD, which delivers exactly what it offers.

http://www.codoh.com/review/revjailing.html

IlluSionS667

Postby IlluSionS667 » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon May 21, 2007 8:36 am)

During my visit of Majdanek, I just walked right in. I did not even pay, although I'm sure one is actually supposed to. No one just seemed to bother my walking around there... Therefor, I'm pretty sure David Irving or any other revisionist could easily enter the camp and make some pictures.

I'm not sure about Auschwitz, since I followed the standard procedure as I was with a group I had no control over. Nevertheless, I did see individual people walking around freely and noticed no serious security, making me confident that many revisionists can also sneak in pretty easily there, either individually or as part of a group. I myself easily got away from the group to wander around myself an take some pictures of the infamous swimming pool without anybody caring of my whereabouts and barely noticing I hadn't been with the group all the time.

I see no reason for even Irving to be paranoid when it comes to entering Auschwitz, though it always pays not to attract any attention while doing your research.
All things are subject to interpretation. Whatever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not of truth - Friedrich Nietzsche

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon May 21, 2007 11:17 pm)

This is already covered in another thread:

http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=4148

Maly Jacek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Maly Jacek » 1 decade 3 years ago (Thu May 24, 2007 6:47 am)

I'm not sure about Auschwitz, since I followed the standard procedure as I was with a group I had no control over. Nevertheless, I did see individual people walking around freely and noticed no serious security, making me confident that many revisionists can also sneak in pretty easily there, either individually or as part of a group. I myself easily got away from the group to wander around myself an take some pictures of the infamous swimming pool without anybody caring of my whereabouts and barely noticing I hadn't been with the group all the time

I can confirm that is very easily for individual to wonder around main Auschwitz camp. Birkenau is a bit different in that respect with access restricted to certain areas and guards posted near ruins of crematoria for obvious reason

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”