Idi Amin, Uday Hussein and the Holocaust

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Idi Amin, Uday Hussein and the Holocaust

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:31 pm)

The Holocaust fits into a bigger picture of villifying portrayals of enemies of the Jews and/or Israel.

Consider Idi Amin. In the 70's I heard the craziest stories about the sadistic pleasures of this leader. Consider that the villifying portrayals of Amin started, if memory serves, somewhere around the time of the raid on Entebbe. When Ugandan troops shot and killed one Israeli soldier, who happened to be the brother of Benjamin Netanyahu. You could smell the Kenyan AA coffee that a villifying portrayal would ensue right there. Amin had close ties with the PLO. And this might not be connect but maybe it is: Consider that Uganda was at one time the place where Theodore Herzl planned for the new Jewish State. Until the plan was quashed (with detractors distastefully calling it "Jewganda.")

If you're a holocaust denier like myself, you can do the math regarding villifying portrayals. And you then have to wonder about the truth about Idi Amin.

Similarly we have Uday Hussein, the son of Saddam Hussein. Looking at the Purim festival, we see that sons of enemies are a target; that's a vengeful aspect of the religion and it's right there in the purim festival. There's a yearly festival that involves just that, and on the Wikipedia entry, we hear the most ridiculous things about Uday Hussein such as
Uday purchased or stole approximately 1,200 luxury vehicles, including a Rolls-Royce Corniche valued at over $200,000. Uday is reported to have arrived at a polling station during a referendum on his father's regime in a pink Rolls-Royce. [11]

1,200 vehicles. That isn't a warehouse full. That is a Boeing hangar full, and then some.

Pink Rolls Royce. Sounds just like the absurdity that we find in holocaust stories.

Here's more from wikipedia on Uday Hussein:
As head of the Iraqi Olympic Committee, Uday oversaw the imprisonment and torture of Iraqi athletes who were deemed not to have performed to expectations. According to widespread reports, torturers beat and caned the soles of the soccer players' feet—inflicting intense pain without leaving visible marks on the rest of their bodies. Uday reportedly kept scorecards with written instructions on how many times each player should be beaten after a poor showing.[4] One defector reported that jailed soccer players were forced to kick a concrete ball after failing to reach the 1994 World Cup finals. Another defector claimed that athletes were dragged through a gravel pit and subsequently immersed in a sewage tank to induce infection in the victims' wounds.[5]

That's just ridiculous. But for those in the know about the holocaust myth, the similarities of the stories are obvious.

Enemies of Israel get hateful villifying portrayals, but with the frenzy of hate that goes into these stories, there also is an unintended melding with utter ridiculousness. Like looking at an Escher drawing that can be seen two different ways. The first way is a rapt reading attention as to the depth of evil of Uday Hussein; the second is a comprehension of the hateful intentions of the storyteller and his Pink Rolls Royce, and the rapt engrossment with evil, changes to a belly laugh at the ridiculousness of the lie-story.

Here's more of the Wikipedia article just to document it:
Biography

Although his status as Saddam Hussein's eldest son made him the prospective successor to his father, Uday fell out of favour with Saddam for his extravagance and recklessness. In October 1988, at a party in honor of Suzanne Mubarak, wife of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, Uday murdered his father's personal valet and food taster, Kemal Hana Gegeo. Before an assemblage of horrified guests, Uday—intoxicated and in cold blood — bludgeoned Gegeo with a cane, reputedly administering the coup de grâce with an electric carving knife. Gegeo had recently introduced Saddam to a beautiful younger woman, Samira Shahbandar, who later became Saddam's second wife. Uday considered his father's relationship with Shahbandar an insult to his own mother. He furthermore feared losing succession to Gegeo, whose loyalty and fidelity to Saddam Hussein were unquestioned.[2] Mubarak later described Uday as a "psychopath".[citation needed]

As punishment for the murder, Saddam briefly imprisoned his son. The original sentence was eight years; Uday probably served half of that in a private prison. In response to personal intervention from King Hussein of Jordan, Saddam released Uday, banishing him to Switzerland as the assistant to the Iraqi ambassador there. He was expelled by the Swiss government after he threatened to stab a person in a restaurant.

Also in 1988, Uday was involved in the illicit purchase of enriched uranium from South Africa, allegedly with the consent of the United States.[3]

Saddam later appointed Uday head of the Iraqi Olympic committee. In this role he was responsible for the torture of athletes and later, the head of one of Saddam's security organizations. Uday seemed proud of his reputation and called himself Abu Sarhan, Arabic for "father of the wolf."

Uday sustained permanent injuries during an assassination attempt possibly instigated by his younger brother Qusay in December 1996. Struck by eight bullets while driving his Porsche, Uday was initially believed to be paralyzed. Evacuated to Ibn Sina Hospital, he was treated by a Cuban medical team and eventually recovered his ability to walk, albeit with a limp. Despite repeated operations, however, a bullet remained lodged in his spine. In the wake of Uday's subsequent disabilities, Saddam gave Qusay increasing responsibility and authority, later designating him as his heir in 2000.

[edit]Death

Soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division and US Special Forces (Task Force 20) watch as a TOW missile strikes the side of a house occupied by Uday and Qusay Hussein in Mosul, Iraq, July 22, 2003

Destroyed house of Uday and Qusay in Mosul, Iraq, July 31, 2003
On July 22, 2003, Task Force 20, aided by troops of the U.S. Army 101st Airborne Division, killed Uday, Qusay and Qusay's fourteen-year-old son Mustapha during a raid on a home in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul. Acting on a tip from an unidentified Iraqi, the blocking element from the 101st Airborne Division provided security while the Task Force 20 operators attempted to apprehend the inhabitants of the house. After U.S. troops hotwired Uday's Lamborghini, he revealed himself, upon which a gunfight ensued. The assault element withdrew to request backup. As many as 200 American troops, later aided by OH-58 Kiowa helicopters and an A-10 "Warthog" gunship, surrounded and fired upon the house. After approximately four hours of battle, soldiers entered the house and found four bodies, including the Hussein brothers' bodyguard.

According to news reports, many citizens of Baghdad responded to the brothers' demise with gun fire. It is unclear, however, what sentiments this gun fire intended to convey. The firing of rounds is customary at funerals in some parts of the Arab world, but is also sometimes used for celebratory purposes. Acclaim for the deaths of Uday and Qusay was not universal; one correspondent for Al Jazeera termed the operation a "crime" carried out "in cold blood."[citation needed]

On July 23, 2003, the American command said that dental records had conclusively identified two of the dead men as Saddam Hussein's sons. They also announced that the informant (possibly the owner of the villa in Mosul in which the brothers were killed) would receive the combined $30 million award previously offered for their apprehension. Furthermore, the owner of the villa, Nawaf al-Zeidan, who is distantly related to Saddam, was granted U.S. citizenship and permitted to depart from Iraq. Locals said Zeidan had tipped off United States forces that Saddam's sons were staying there. In what was likely an act of revenge, on June 05, 2004 Zeidan's brother Salaah al-Zeidan was killed, and three of his male relatives (including an eight-year-old boy) traveling in the same vehicle were wounded by unknown assassins.

Some criticized the Bush Administration for displaying a double standard—publishing photos of the dead brothers despite condemning Saddam Hussein for releasing images of American dead. The U.S. military answered these criticisms by pointing out that these men were no ordinary combatants and expressing hope that confirmation of the deaths would bring "closure" to the Iraqi people.

Uday was buried in a cemetery near Tikrit alongside Qusay and the latter's son.

[edit]Allegations of atrocities

Uday Hussein was infamous for being a man of depraved cruelty and wanton disregard for human life. A report released on March 20, 2003, by ABC news detailed several allegations against Uday:

As head of the Iraqi Olympic Committee, Uday oversaw the imprisonment and torture of Iraqi athletes who were deemed not to have performed to expectations. According to widespread reports, torturers beat and caned the soles of the soccer players' feet—inflicting intense pain without leaving visible marks on the rest of their bodies. Uday reportedly kept scorecards with written instructions on how many times each player should be beaten after a poor showing.[4] One defector reported that jailed soccer players were forced to kick a concrete ball after failing to reach the 1994 World Cup finals. Another defector claimed that athletes were dragged through a gravel pit and subsequently immersed in a sewage tank to induce infection in the victims' wounds.[5]
A former Uday body double look-alike, Latif Yahia, now living in the West, claimed that Uday was unable to perform sexually without causing pain and drawing blood from his sexual partners. Yahia said that Uday had raped numerous women, including a visiting Russian ballerina. Yahia has since released a book, co-authored with Karl Wendl, entitled I Was Saddam's Son.
Other allegations include:

Kidnapping young Iraqi women from the streets in order to rape them. Uday was known to intrude on parties and otherwise "discover" women whom he would later rape. Time magazine published an article in 2003 detailing his sexual brutality, which included the use of LSD.[6]
Profligate self-indulgence in an era of widespread privation caused by years of UN-imposed economic sanctions. When U.S. troops captured his mansion in Baghdad, they found a personal zoo stocked with lions and cheetahs; an underground parking garage for his collection of luxury cars; Cuban cigars inscribed with his name; and millions of dollars worth of fine wines, liquor and heroin. Curiously, an HIV testing kit was also found among his personal effects.[7]
Uday's mansion was littered with sexual paraphernalia and decorated with images depicting naked women and prostitutes obtained from internet web pages.[8]
Usage of an Iron Maiden on persons running afoul of him.[9]
Uday beat an army officer unconscious when the man refused to allow Uday to dance with his wife; the man later died of his injuries. Uday also shot and killed an army officer who failed to salute him.[10]
Uday purchased or stole approximately 1,200 luxury vehicles, including a Rolls-Royce Corniche valued at over $200,000. Uday is reported to have arrived at a polling station during a referendum on his father's regime in a pink Rolls-Royce. [11]

[edit]Trivia

Uday Hussein owned a Lamborghini LM002 and on July 18, 2004, the USA military base near Baqubah, Iraq, used his LM002 to demonstrate the effects of a car bomb. [5]
He had been the Ace of Hearts on the most-wanted Iraqi playing cards.

[edit]See also

Photo of Uday's corpse (Warning: Graphic)

[edit]References

^ Saddam's Inner Circle, Izzat Ibrahim ad-Douri CBS News. Retrieved on Nov 3, 2006.
^ [1]
^ Iraq 'sought African uranium'. BBC News (24 September, 2002). Retrieved on 2006-11-05.
^ Suzanne Goldenberg (23 July 2003). Uday: career of rape, torture and murder. UK Guardian Unlimited. Retrieved on 2006-11-05.
^ [2]
^ Brian Bennett and Michael Wiesskopf (25 May 2003). The Sum of Two Evils. TIME.com. Retrieved on 2006-11-05.
^ Suzanne Goldenberg (23 July 2003). Uday: career of rape, torture and murder. UK Guardian Unlimited. Retrieved on 2006-11-05.
^ [3]
^ Aparisim Ghosh (2003). Iron Maiden Found in Uday's Hussein's Playground. TIME.com. Retrieved on February 7, 2006.
^ [4]
^ Arnett, Peter. "Blood and Betrayal". Playboy (April 2005).

The above is from wikipedia on 2-11-7
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uday_Hussein

Revquery

Postby Revquery » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:18 pm)

The allegation about Saddam's children that always struck me as Holocaust-like was the claim that they had this plastic shredder, into which they would put their enemies. If they liked the person they were killing, they'd go head first. If they disliked them, they'd go in feet first. That's the story.

Anyway, it occurs to me that this is impossible on many levels. Not the least being the tolerances to crush a skull would be different than those needed to chew up toes, and vice versa. I doubt if there's a plastic shredder on the planet that could run an entire human being through it in the first place.

Perhaps because of this it is now alleged that wood chippers were used. Here again, different tolerances, etc. etc.

Neither the "plastic shredder of death" or the "wood chipper of death" has ever been displayed, as far as I know. Maybe because shredders of various types are so common, it is assumed that it is unnecessary. However, I think the story is just Holocaust propaganda for the 21st Century. And regardless of the unlikelihood of the story, it is still frequently repeated and even used as a justification for our national bog-down in Iraq.

Flavian Greece

Postby Flavian Greece » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:09 pm)

Oh dear, I mentioned Idi Amin in the same way after viewing that "Last King of Scotland" movie.

After turning against Israel he went from funny clown president to blood thirsty holocaustic, racist, anti-semitic canibal...

Makes you wonder...

diaz52
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby diaz52 » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:28 am)

Revquery wrote:The allegation about Saddam's children that always struck me as Holocaust-like was the claim that they had this plastic shredder, into which they would put their enemies. If they liked the person they were killing, they'd go head first. If they disliked them, they'd go in feet first. That's the story.

Anyway, it occurs to me that this is impossible on many levels. Not the least being the tolerances to crush a skull would be different than those needed to chew up toes, and vice versa. I doubt if there's a plastic shredder on the planet that could run an entire human being through it in the first place.

Perhaps because of this it is now alleged that wood chippers were used. Here again, different tolerances, etc. etc.

Neither the "plastic shredder of death" or the "wood chipper of death" has ever been displayed, as far as I know. Maybe because shredders of various types are so common, it is assumed that it is unnecessary. However, I think the story is just Holocaust propaganda for the 21st Century. And regardless of the unlikelihood of the story, it is still frequently repeated and even used as a justification for our national bog-down in Iraq.

The "rape-rooms" story that came out of Saddam's Iraq always struck me as being especially ridiculous. Certainly the propaganda cooked up by the Jew dominated establishment here in the West has never been subtle, but this "rape room" claim is just too stupid. Has anyone seen any evidence or proofs put up to justify this claim? I don't doubt that people were and are raped in Iraq sadly. But I'd like to know if anyone has even bothered to look into the validity of this particular claim. It sounds like so much "piling-on" of horror stories and anti-Saddamist propaganda from the usual suspects (with, perhaps a modern pinch of "Saddam and his regime are a bunch of mysogonists" added to the mix for seasoning). I'm sure Saddam's sons were little vicious little thugs, just like their father, but that doesnt necessarily make then people who would organize rape.
-You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
-The establishment can't control the web, and the control of information through all means but one, is no control at all.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:25 pm)

Seems like there are now "rape rooms" in Irak. Yes, it is the liberators who are up to their old tricks again:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/03/21/iraq. ... cnn_latest

-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Depth Charge
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Idi Amin, Uday Hussein and the Holocaust

Postby Depth Charge » 9 years 8 months ago (Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:39 pm)

Just some trivia I've came across; in his book 'A War Against Truth', Paul William Roberts alleges that the Prince of Jordan told him that Saddam had Ali Al-Majid executed Uday hours before the Coalition crossed the borders of Iraq. Apparently the 'shootout' of July that year is a complete fabrication. As for the page number, not off the top of my head. Its truly a fascinating book, the only English-written book I've read that gorges out the truth of the invasion. Apparently massive losses by both militaries were sustained. Additionally, Roberts has since gone blind - apparent uranium exposure to the eye.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 6 years 7 months ago (Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:05 am)

Carto's Cutlass Supreme wrote:The Holocaust fits into a bigger picture of villifying portrayals of enemies of the Jews and/or Israel.

Consider Idi Amin. In the 70's I heard the craziest stories about the sadistic pleasures of this leader. Consider that the villifying portrayals of Amin started, if memory serves, somewhere around the time of the raid on Entebbe. When Ugandan troops shot and killed one Israeli soldier, who happened to be the brother of Benjamin Netanyahu. You could smell the Kenyan AA coffee that a villifying portrayal would ensue right there. Amin had close ties with the PLO. And this might not be connect but maybe it is: Consider that Uganda was at one time the place where Theodore Herzl planned for the new Jewish State. Until the plan was quashed (with detractors distastefully calling it "Jewganda.")

If you're a holocaust denier like myself, you can do the math regarding villifying portrayals. And you then have to wonder about the truth about Idi Amin.....

Good question how much has been added to reality there. Personally I don't think Amin did much more in excess to other African leaders. Brutal dictatorship yes, but where are the corpses of the 100.000 to 500.000 he's supposed to got killed. Will look, if I can get the docu on Idi Amin and then post.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 6 years 7 months ago (Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:16 pm)

There is a video somewhere called "Nazi Shrunken Heads" that deals with this. Idi Amin had kicked the Israelis out of their embassy in Uganda and given the space to the Palestinians to have an embassy there. Someone who does stuff like that isn't going to last long.

Just last night I saw Representative Wasserman from Florida on Larry King (a tv show on CNN), mentioning the holocaust in relation to "Never Again" in relation to bombing Syria. This line of reasoning and trickery goes back to Idi Amin.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 6 years 7 months ago (Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:36 pm)

Carto's Cutlass Supreme wrote:There is a video somewhere called "Nazi Shrunken Heads" that deals with this. Idi Amin had kicked the Israelis out of their embassy in Uganda and given the space to the Palestinians to have an embassy there. Someone who does stuff like that isn't going to last long....

Idi Amin actually did say and do some more things then that:
http://archive.org/details/GeneralIdiAm ... lfPortrait
And later he hosted PLO plane hijackers there as well.
Last edited by Hektor on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby hermod » 6 years 6 months ago (Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:40 am)

"Jews have always disfigured the truth with absurd fables." - Voltaire
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 6 years 6 months ago (Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:43 pm)

hermod wrote:"Jews have always disfigured the truth with absurd fables." - Voltaire

Idi Amin wasn't worse then Mobutu Sese Seko, yet the later hardly got the same bad press.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”