Numbered plates found at Belzec

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
User avatar
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 9892
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 2 years ago (Tue May 08, 2007 10:58 am)

In the case of Belzec, why use concrete plates as identification tags? Wouldn't a patch or something similar affixed to the prisoner's clothes be more practical (and easier to make)?

It simply another example of them starting with a false assumption and then trying to force fit everything into it.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 981
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 2 years ago (Tue May 29, 2007 4:45 am)

Mattogno in his book The Bunkers of Auschwitz. p.187-8 (bolds mine):

From the end of September onwards, the corpses [from the summer 1942 typhus mass graves outside Birkenau] were exhumed and burned on field hearths made of brick.
On September 16, SS Obersturmführer Höß, the camp commander; SS Untersturmführer Hößler, responsible for the detainee labor force; and SS Untersturmführer Dejaco, employed by Central Construction Office, went to Litzmannstadt (now: Lodz) to see a “special plant”. In his report, Dejaco states that after having visited the ghetto the three officers went to see the “special plant,” which they inspected together with SS Standartenführer Blobel. He then says that the construction material ordered from Ostdeutsche Baustoffwerke Posen by special order of Blobel was to be supplied immediately to CC Auschwitz; by arrangement with SS Obersturmführer Weber of the WVHA C V/3 office they were to be shipped to Auschwitz. Dejaco also mentions a “ball mill for materials” already available from the firm Schriever & Co. of Hannover, which was also to be sent to KL Auschwitz. (630) The travel order issued by WVHA gives further details:(631)

“Travel permission is hereby given for a passenger car from Au. to Litzmannstadt and back for visit to the testing station of field ovens Action Reinhard on 16.9.42.”

It is thus clear that the group from Auschwitz visited brickwork field ovens. The “ball mill for materials” was certainly used to break up the cremation residues. A similar device was discovered and photographed by the Soviets in the camp of Janowski at Lemberg (now: Lviv).(632)

(630) “Reisebericht über die Dienstfahrt nach Litzmannstadt,” September 17, 1942. RGVA, 502-1-336, p.69.
(631) AGK, NTN, 94, p. 112.
(632) GARF, 7021-128-157, p. 1.



So apparently Aktion Reinhardt had access to "brickwork field ovens" since at least September 1942.

Could it be that such primitive ovens were installed in the Aktion Reinhardt camps to burn the Jews who had died en route or from diseases?

Are there any photos of such brickwork field ovens available online?


Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 3 guests