Virginia Tech holocaust survivor

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 2 years ago (Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:38 pm)

Real wrote:
Hannover wrote:1. How does his lying on the floor 'save students'?
2. Yes, judeo-supremacism. Read the false glorification, by 'Walsh, Puri, Perez. - Hannover
1. Where does it say he was lying on the floor?
He died on the floor.
If he was hit five times and students lying on the floor weren't hit, and the witness across the hall saw the look on his face, it pretty clear he was standing.

2. Why do you assume it's false glorification?

Ms. Walsh (not capable of "judeo-supremacist self worship") was across the hall (close enough to see his face). Her conclusions are probably more valid than yours or mine.

on the floor:
"After he missed, he shot through the door twice, but missed because everyone was on their stomach," said Walsh of Binghamton, N.Y. "Then he went on to the next room. You could hear shot after shot - bang, bang, bang, bang. You could hear people screaming. "

So, the door was barricaded by the students, and everyone got on the floor, Walsh got up and was shot. There is nothing to indicate he saved anyone.

It's false glorification because his 'Jewishness' is emphasized rather just being a person, along with the false claims of the 'holocaust', and the false claim that he 'saved' students. Wanna debate the 'holocaust'?

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Real

Postby Real » 1 decade 2 years ago (Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:39 pm)

Hannover wrote:1. So, the door was barricaded by the students, and everyone got on the floor, Walsh got up and was shot. There is nothing to indicate he saved anyone.

2. It's false glorification because his 'Jewishness' is emphasized rather just being a person, along with the false claims of the 'holocaust', and the false claim that he 'saved' students. Wanna debate the 'holocaust'?
1. You're a tad off on your comprehension of the article
- The gunman came out of a classroom next to Librescu's.
- He stood in the doorway between the gunman and the students.
- The gunman turned to Walsh's classroom and fired.
- He then turned toward Librescu's classroom and shot him five times.

There were actually two different classrooms and Walsh was not shot. The "everyone" on the floor refers to the classroom Walsh was in, not Librescu's.

2. The story is given a sad irony by this human interest detail.
An old man, who survived another horror is slain so senselessly on a day commemorating that other tragedy.

I remember a couple years ago a Gulf War veteran came home to Detroit and was killed on the street. The fact that he was a Gulf War veteran gave the story a certain poignancy.
And I don't think anyone who read it ever thought that fact was included in order to glorify soldiers.

It's also an odd criticism that his "jewishness" is emphasized by the reporter because I don't think the skepticism about this story would also be happening if not for his "jewishness".

Henry

Postby Henry » 1 decade 2 years ago (Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:17 pm)

I think 'Real' was indicating there was no false glorification of Ms. Walsh, not the Jewish professor.

Real

Postby Real » 1 decade 2 years ago (Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:17 pm)

Hannover wrote:1. So, the door was barricaded by the students, and everyone got on the floor, Walsh got up and was shot. There is nothing to indicate he saved anyone.
2. It's false glorification because his 'Jewishness' is emphasized rather just being a person, along with the false claims of the 'holocaust', and the false claim that he 'saved' students.

1. I think you're off just a tad on your comprehension of the article:
- The gunman came from one classroom and headed toward the adjacent one (Livescu's)
- Walsh was in a classroom across from the professor's.
- He took a shot at her, missed, she closed the door and the students in that classroom lay down on the floor
- Cho then turns toward Livescu who has "all the students behind him so they could escape" (Walsh's words).

Walsh and Livescu were in two different classrooms.
Walsh was not shot.
The "everyone...on the floor" refers to the other classroom.

2. Bringing up his past tragedies gives the story an ironic sadness in that he survived one horror only to die in another horror on a day memorializing the first.

I remember reading a couple of years ago about a Gulf War veteran who came home to Detroit and was killed on the street. Including his status as a veteran gave that story a similar poignancy.
But no one accused the reporter of glorifying his "soldierness", "rather than just being a person".

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 2 years ago (Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:29 pm)

Real,
I do see that I missed some things in the story, my apologies for that.
My position has not changed however, there is no proof Librescu 'saved students'. He merely looked out of his door and is said to be a hero, when in fact (according to this article), the students couldn't have left anyway because of the gunmen. Librescu curiously gets credit for being a hero, while he really behaved rather stupidly in not just closing and barricading the door a la Walsh's class.

You have no evidence this man 'survived a horror' and have apparently chosen not to debate regarding it.

points from the article which promote the guy's 'jewishness':
- Librescu, a slightly built Israeli immigrant who survived the Nazi occupation of Romania .....

- Librescu was born to a Jewish family in August 1930, in Romania ...

- The family endured Nazi persecution during the early years of World War II. His father, Isidore, a lawyer, was expelled from the bar and in 1941 was sent to a concentration camp, which he survived. [yet another survivor in spite of claims of planned 'extermination']

- In the mid-1970s, he immigrated to Israel, where he became a professor at the University of Tel Aviv.

Combine those with over-the-top superlatives and we have judeo-supremacism sticking out like a sore tumb.

- Hannover

Real

Postby Real » 1 decade 2 years ago (Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:18 pm)

Hannover wrote:1. Librescu curiously gets credit for being a hero, while he really behaved rather stupidly in not just closing and barricading the door a la Walsh's class.
2. You have no evidence this man 'survived a horror' and have apparently chosen not to debate regarding it.
3. points from the article which promote the guy's 'jewishness':
4. Combine those with over-the-top superlatives and we have judeo-supremacism sticking out like a sore tumb.
1. This reminds me of the ACLU second guessing a cop after a shooting.
Everyone acts differently in these situations so I wouldn't call anyone "stupid" for not closing a door. All I know is that he stood and took five shots and if anyone else was in that class they survived, so he must have done something right.

2. I don't exactly know what you mean by evidence. I wasn't there and I have no pictures.
But I'm just following a thread topic begun by someone else. I'm sure there are myriad other threads relating to the veracity of the holocaust. That's not what anyone else on this thread was discussing.
Why de-rail it?

3. I agree that his background was emphasized in the article just as that Gulf War veteran's background was emphasized in the one to which I referred. Neither had relevance to the actual story beyond human interest (do you also think there was an agenda in mentioning the soldier's status as a veteran?).

4. I still don't get this Judeo-Supremacism thing as it relates to this story and Ms. Walsh. Do you feel that Ms. Walsh would have told her story differently if the professor were Mexican?

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 2 years ago (Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:38 pm)

Real:
I still don't get this Judeo-Supremacism thing as it relates to this story and Ms. Walsh. Do you feel that Ms. Walsh would have told her story differently if the professor were Mexican?

If this man was Mexican or anything else, I doubt if we'd get all the laughable personal information and absurd praise. Self promotion is part & parcel to the 'holocaust' Industry.

- Hannover

Henry

Postby Henry » 1 decade 2 years ago (Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:45 am)

I have to agree with Hannover on this one, Real.

_Mads_

Postby _Mads_ » 1 decade 2 years ago (Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:09 pm)

Hannover wrote:. Librescu curiously gets credit for being a hero, while he really behaved rather stupidly in not just closing and barricading the door a la Walsh's class.

- Hannover

True. The problem with this story is that it probably isn´t possible to save anybody in this way. Maybe you can win a couple of seconds for those you want to save (which is the time it takes to be shot and fall to the ground), but then that doesn´t matter anyway. There are better ways of barricading a door.

I think this is serious dangerous propaganda. It reinforces the picture of "holocaust survivors" as "very very good" (in this case heroic) people, and when you made that connection once, what are you going to say when you hear that these "holocaust survivors" are actually liars?

What the propagandists behind this want is to strengthen the tendency of most people to simply dismiss without thinking revisionist arguments, and unfortunately I think they succeeded in doing that here.

It should be noted that such a thing does not happen very often (that a person gives his life for others). When it happens, it normally involves close relatives, intimate friends etc. Why should we believe that a Jewish teacher would die for (non-Jewish?) students?

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”