Inspiration for Allied extermination propaganda?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
tyger

Inspiration for Allied extermination propaganda?

Postby tyger » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:35 am)

From a review of last night's tv on the BBC.

And some went further than that. Both HG Wells and George Bernard Shaw, those heroes of the Left, suggested that unsuitable people should be humanely eliminated with fatal injections. Lawrence dreamed of “a lethal chamber the size of the Crystal Palace” to which the feeble would be led as marching bands played. (Sadly, he died before seeing his dream come true in Germany.)

I wonder if the Allied black propagandists were inspired by what they had read before the war?

Link here

Daniel Saez Lorente

Postby Daniel Saez Lorente » 1 decade 2 years ago (Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:27 pm)

tyger wrote:From a review of last night's tv on the BBC.

And some went further than that. Both HG Wells and George Bernard Shaw, those heroes of the Left, suggested that unsuitable people should be humanely eliminated with fatal injections. Lawrence dreamed of “a lethal chamber the size of the Crystal Palace” to which the feeble would be led as marching bands played. (Sadly, he died before seeing his dream come true in Germany.)

I wonder if the Allied black propagandists were inspired by what they had read before the war?

Link here

I don't know, but I know that as a joke once I took a passage from HG Wells' WAR OF THE WORLDS and a passage from Dr. Nzyzli, deleted a few words from each text, inserting blanks, and really you could hardly tell them apart.
This was many years ago, maybe I'll do it again some time. It was almost as if the passages were taken from the same piece of literature.
There is also a Sherlock Holmes story about a gas chamber that sounds oddly familiar in certain respects, especially many of the technical details. Of course these exercises don't really prove anything really, but they are fun.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”