Database of inmates who died in Auschwitz on WWW

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Sailor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Sailor » 1 decade 6 years ago (Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:02 pm)

Hannover wrote:Sailor,
Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't aware of the exact time lengths that were missing, good to know.

Upon looking at the links you provided, I'm wondering if the number in the upper left (with year) are not the registration numbers. Any thoughts on that?

I also thought at first that the number in front of the year is the registration number.

But that number seems to be the running number of deaths that year. If my assumption is correct, then indeed those two could be either registered or non-registered.

I will check Danuta's Kalendarium on this. Maybe I find a further clew there.

:D
fge

Sailor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Sailor » 1 decade 6 years ago (Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:35 pm)

The first entry to the death book which I listed, http://vho.org/VffG/2002/4/Image7.gif , is for Josek Israel Nisenkorn, who was 71 years old when he died in the middle of 1941.

The number at the top left corner of the death certificate is 396/1941.

The registration number 396 is mentioned by Danuta Czech in Kalendarium within a series of numbers from 31 – 758, which was assigned to a group of young and healthy and fit Poles, who were caught crossing the border in an attempt to join the Polish army in France.

Nisenkorn would be too old to fit into this group.

The second death book entry shown in http://vho.org/VffG/2002/4/Image8.gif is for Auguste Sara Jung.

Here the number shown in the top left corner is 24031/1943. Danuta lists in Kalendarium the range into which that number 24031 would fit to a group of prisoners from Drancy, France.

Auguste Sara Jung however is from Darmstadt, Germany.

So I come to the conclusion, that in both cases the numbers in the top left corner may not be the registration numbers.

And there does not seem to be anywhere else on those death book entries a reference to the registrations of the deseased.

:D
fge

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 6 years ago (Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:04 pm)

Assuming Danuta Czech is correct on the facts you presented (she has been shown to be consistently wrong on many other things), we have a huge piece of information; 'unregistereds' in the death books!!

That is additional proof that the 'unregistered' were not gassed. This is worthy of a Sailor's Selection article.

Good work.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”