Bradley Smith CODOH Film 'El Gran Tabu/The Great Taboo' here

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
User avatar
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 9842
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Bradley Smith CODOH Film 'El Gran Tabu/The Great Taboo' here

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 2 years ago (Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:08 pm)

Have a look:

http://www.myspace.com/elgrantabu

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

BradleySmith
Member
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:55 am
Location: Baja, Mexico
Contact:

Postby BradleySmith » 1 decade 2 years ago (Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:17 pm)

Thanks for putting this up.
The reader should be aware that while he can reach my page on My Space he will not be able to activate the links on the page until he signs up as a member. This takes only a couple minutes, is free, and is anonymous.

semblance7
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 7:23 pm

Postby semblance7 » 1 decade 2 years ago (Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:27 pm)

Forgive me please but is there a link to the actual documentary on this (linked) site?
semblance7

BradleySmith
Member
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:55 am
Location: Baja, Mexico
Contact:

Postby BradleySmith » 1 decade 2 years ago (Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:27 pm)

No. We will not link to nor exhibit any part of the film on the Internet any time soon. Has to do with it being a work-in-progress, and has to do with developing a market for the film before we begin to release any part of it.

User avatar
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 9842
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:11 am)

BradleySmith wrote:No. We will not link to nor exhibit any part of the film on the Internet any time soon. Has to do with it being a work-in-progress, and has to do with developing a market for the film before we begin to release any part of it.

This 'work-in-progress' sounds tantalizing. What else can you tell The Forum? Perhaps a tasty tid bit, Bradley

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

BradleySmith
Member
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:55 am
Location: Baja, Mexico
Contact:

Postby BradleySmith » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:46 am)

This is going to be frustrating for readers, but we really do not want to talk about the footage yet. It's a work in progress, the filmic materials will change after each showing, we are going to face obstacles and roadblocks eveywhere, and we simply have not decided what we want to say about the footage used at Otay Mesa or how we want to say it. As I have already noted here, maybe, producing a revisionist film is one thing, building a mainstream market for it is another. Which is our program. We don't want to "dribble" away what we are doing. Apologies.

User avatar
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 9842
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:41 pm)

BradleySmith wrote:This is going to be frustrating for readers, but we really do not want to talk about the footage yet. It's a work in progress, the filmic materials will change after each showing, we are going to face obstacles and roadblocks eveywhere, and we simply have not decided what we want to say about the footage used at Otay Mesa or how we want to say it. As I have already noted here, maybe, producing a revisionist film is one thing, building a mainstream market for it is another. Which is our program. We don't want to "dribble" away what we are doing. Apologies.

But isn't there a time when you simply need to decide what to do with the footage? I mean how long can this indecision go on?

'Fish or cut bait' is an expression commonly used. :?

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

BradleySmith
Member
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:55 am
Location: Baja, Mexico
Contact:

Postby BradleySmith » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:16 pm)

If anyone can show me how a revisionist has produced a real film and found a market for it, a real market, I'll follow his lead. Until then, I'll follow my own. I understand it will look like indecision to some; nevertheless, I'm trying to break new ground here with regard to market and I don't see any models to follow. Not one.

User avatar
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 9842
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:49 pm)

BradleySmith wrote:If anyone can show me how a revisionist has produced a real film and found a market for it, a real market, I'll follow his lead. Until then, I'll follow my own. I understand it will look like indecision to some; nevertheless, I'm trying to break new ground here with regard to market and I don't see any models to follow. Not one.

That's my point. To look for a market where none currently exists is a futile exercise. I seriously doubt if Mann Theaters Inc. will show your film in their neighborhood theaters.

Momentum is a major factor. There cannot be a market when no one knows about the product. There was a moment of courage shown by the producers of a Mexican film festival, great, we're rolling. Yet there's no follow-up, we can't see the film, or even parts of it. That does not look like trailblazing a market to me.

We do love you Bradley. :)

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

BradleySmith
Member
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:55 am
Location: Baja, Mexico
Contact:

Postby BradleySmith » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:01 pm)

So long as I am truely loved.

User avatar
Flavian Greece
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:26 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Contact:

Postby Flavian Greece » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:34 pm)

Added.

User avatar
Phantom
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:16 am
Location: Spain
Contact:

Postby Phantom » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:31 am)

Hi Bradley Smith.

Can you at least give us a taste of the film by making a five minute trailer and posting it on youtube and google video so that we can help spread the word.

BradleySmith
Member
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:55 am
Location: Baja, Mexico
Contact:

Postby BradleySmith » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:50 pm)

I expect to make an initial decision this coming week. It seems perfectly reasonable, but ... we'll see. We're taking a very long look at this project.

Goethe
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:41 am

Postby Goethe » 1 decade 2 years ago (Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:48 pm)

BradleySmith wrote:I expect to make an initial decision this coming week. It seems perfectly reasonable, but ... we'll see. We're taking a very long look at this project.

OK, that was July 1, it's now Friday the 6th, let's get to it.
Remember, people are in jail and more will be going.
"The coward threatens when he is safe".
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

_Mads_
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:47 am

Postby _Mads_ » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:58 am)

Goethe wrote:
BradleySmith wrote:I expect to make an initial decision this coming week. It seems perfectly reasonable, but ... we'll see. We're taking a very long look at this project.

OK, that was July 1, it's now Friday the 6th, let's get to it.
Remember, people are in jail and more will be going.


I certainly agree. But let´s see what Bradley Smith has to say; he might still surprise positively.


Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hektor and 6 guests