Dokumenty i materialy - what is it?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Dokumenty i materialy - what is it?

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:33 pm)

Mattogno as well as many exterminationist make many references to a series of books published in Lodz by the Central Jewish Historical Committee and entitled Dokumenty i materialy. It was edited by a guy named Blumenthal.

It seems to be a collection of documents. Has anyone here access to it and can report briefly on its contents. Does it contain many German (or purportedly German) documents in facsimile or is it mainly Polish text?

Any help is welcome.

Daniel Saez Lorente

Postby Daniel Saez Lorente » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:06 pm)

Laurentz Dahl wrote:Mattogno as well as many exterminationist make many references to a series of books published in Lodz by the Central Jewish Historical Committee and entitled Dokumenty i materialy. It was edited by a guy named Blumenthal.

It seems to be a collection of documents. Has anyone here access to it and can report briefly on its contents. Does it contain many German (or purportedly German) documents in facsimile or is it mainly Polish text?

Any help is welcome.

It is a Communist compilation without any photocopies at all. I can't read Polish so it was no help to me. But it was produced shortly after the war as a sort of official record by the American-imposed Stalinist regime there. I didn't see any German texts at all but there may be a few.

joachim neander
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby joachim neander » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:02 pm)

"Dokumenty i materialy" is not a series of books, but one small booklet. It has no photos, no facsimiles, but some copies of German documents, followed by a translation into Polish. The originals of the documents lie in Warsaw, at the Jewish Historical Institute. The major part of the book consists of early survivor reports from various concentration, forced labor, and extermination camps, written in Polish. BTW, a good knowledge of German, Russian AND Polish should be basic for everybody who wants to discuss German Jewish politics in the occupied East from the sources.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:56 pm)

joachim neander wrote:The major part of the book consists of early survivor reports from various concentration, forced labor, and extermination camps, written in Polish.

I'm not going to let that slip by.

What "extermination camps"?

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 2 years ago (Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:35 am)

Daniel Saez Lorente wrote:It is a Communist compilation without any photocopies at all. I can't read Polish so it was no help to me. But it was produced shortly after the war as a sort of official record by the American-imposed Stalinist regime there. I didn't see any German texts at all but there may be a few.

Thanks a lot for clearing this up!

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”