Holocaust Historian Yitzak Arad, Suspected War Criminal

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Obersto

Holocaust Historian Yitzak Arad, Suspected War Criminal

Postby Obersto » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:40 pm)

Now THIS is good.

Lithuania suspects prominent Israeli Holocaust researcher of war crimes during WWII

VILNIUS. Sept 11 (Interfax) - Lithuania has requested that the
Israeli authorities facilitate the questioning of prominent historian
and Holocaust researcher Yitzhak Arad regarding his partisan past during
World War II and his supposed subsequent service for the Soviet NKVD
security police.

"The pretrial investigation documents of this criminal case include
enough data to assume that the suspect Yitzhak Arad might have committed
criminal deeds in Lithuania," the Lithuanian Prosecutor General's Office
said in a press release.

According to the Lithuanian prosecution authorities, Arad joined a
Soviet partisan squad while Lithuania was occupied by Nazi Germany and
then served with the NKVD. He is suspected of involvement in executions
of Lithuanian civilians and members of the anti-Soviet resistance
movement, the statement says.

Following WWII, Arad served for the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF)
and was promoted to brigadier general. After retirement in 1972, he
became a historian and a Holocaust researcher. He was the director of
Yad Vashem, the Israeli Holocaust Remembrance Authority, for 21 years
from 1972 to 1991.

http://www.interfax-news.com/3/312115/news.aspx

Some of these Holoscribes have had quite colorful pasts, apparently. :lol:
"As to the Holocaust, I just raised a few questions. And I didn't receive any answers to my questions."
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Breker
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Breker » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:54 pm)

Obersto wrote:Now THIS is good.

Juicy is the current term for such delicacies. However, this news should really surprise no one. As men like Carlos Porter have demonstrated, the communists played a pivotal role in the creation of propaganda which has unfortunately been accepted as fact. Many aspects of Arad are covered well at this site and if I'm not mistaken, in 'One Third of the Holocaust' that is currently available through CODOH and elsewhere. Arad is certainly a war criminal in more ways than are mentioned in this news article.
Breker

Mannstein
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mannstein » 1 decade 3 years ago (Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:10 am)

Naturally he will never stand trial in Lithuania. Shlomo Morel is another Partisan with a similar background. After the war he ran a concentration camp in Silesia where he personally murdered German inmates.

A few years ago the Polish State Prosecuter tried to have him extradited to stand trial for crimes against humanity. Israel refused. Morel lives in Tel Aviv living off a German pension. He claims to be a "Survivor".

ClaudiaRothenbach
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby ClaudiaRothenbach » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:25 pm)

Mannstein wrote:Naturally he will never stand trial in Lithuania. Shlomo Morel is another Partisan with a similar background. After the war he ran a concentration camp in Silesia where he personally murdered German inmates.

Morel was no partisan. He committed crimes in a death camp that was run by Jews in duty of the polish communist party. Perhaps he was even chief of that camp.
"Everything has already been said, but not yet by everyone." - Karl Valentin

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:50 pm)

It is worthy of notice that Arad wrote his doctoral thesis on the Jewish resistance/partisan movement in Lithuania, of which he himself was a member. Those brave rebels, apparently including Arad, later went on to massacre people who opposed the Soviet tyranny. I suppose the dissertation is of the same quality as his other writing. The man is simply a fraudster.

Wahrheit
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Wahrheit » 1 decade 3 years ago (Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:18 pm)

Laurentz Dahl wrote:Those brave rebels, apparently including Arad, later went on to massacre people who opposed the Soviet tyranny.

So the hoaxers can use a man that has had such a murderous past, and one that so blatantly shows his biasness in the most brutalest of fashions, and he is deemed a holier than thou figure by many believers.

Yet revisionists are labeled as neo-Nazis, and the arguments done away without even taking on our points.

You can smell the hypocrisy, and it smells rancid.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:40 pm)

This surprises no one. The violent judeo-supremacist state refuses to even let shyster Arad be questioned.

- Hannover
Lithuanian-Israeli row brewing over WW2 killings
http://www.russiatoday.ru/news/news/14317

Israel has refused a request from Lithuania’s chief prosecutor to question Yitzhak Arad, former Director of the Israeli Holocaust Museum. The prosecutor alleges that Arad was involved in the killing of Lithuanian civilians as a partisan fighter during World War Two.

The dispute started with a small article in a local Lithuanian magazine, but grew to involve the governments of Israel and Lithuania, who are now deadlocked over what steps to take next.
Until now they’ve not found even one Jew who would have killed defenceless Lithuanians. There were no Jews like this. And in all the archives you will find the names of 23,000 Lithuanians who killed Jewish people.

Joseph Melamed, President,
Association of Lithuanian Jews in Israel

[And just who are these "23,000 names"? Can anyone even produce this list? Then, can anyone provide proof for the claims? Nope.]

Based on quotes from his autobiography, and testimonies Yitzhak Arad gave at the trials of Nazi war criminals, Lithuania’s chief prosecutor wants to question him for alleged crimes against Nazi collaborators.

Mr Arad believes he was targeted as part of a general Lithuanian policy against pro-Soviet World War Two troops: “What, as I understand, they are investigating now, is actually the whole Soviet partisan movement,” he says.
[Right now they're investigating you, Arad. But indeed, this 'partisan movement' (read: communist terrorists) needs investigating.]

Unlike ordinary Lithuanian civilians, his choice, as a Jewish teenager in a territory occupied by the Nazis, was for survival, Mr Arad says: “I saw as my obligation to fight those who were murderers of my people, those who were murderers of millions of other people. I saw it as my duty. I was proud of it. And of course, I saw it also as a matter of survival.”
[Good try, shyster. Revisionists have exposed your nonsense from top to bottom]

The Israeli government says the request to question Yitzhak Arad is nothing short of outrageous.

The issue in general first arose when Lithuania established a committee to examine the role of partisans in the killings of Lithuanian civilians.

Leading historians in Israel charge that the committee was not established to discover the truth, but rather to ease Lithuania’s acceptance into the European Union.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:30 am)

Unti
l now they’ve not found even one Jew who would have killed defenceless Lithuanians. There were no Jews like this. And in all the archives you will find the names of 23,000 Lithuanians who killed Jewish people.

Joseph Melamed, President,
Association of Lithuanian Jews in Israel
Perhaps they haven't found anyone, because for more then sixty years nobody was looking. Unlike the timid Germans, the Lithuanians - who were not re-educated - seem to understand what was/is going on. Or how should I understand the choice for investigating Ytzhak Arad.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:16 am)

Has anyone read Arad's autobiography, The Partisan: From the Valley of Death to Mt. Zion? I suppose it's utterly selfserving.

This case nicely summarize the interests keeping the myth alive: (ex-)Bolsheviks and Zionist attempting to keep their own crimes against humanity hidden behind fabricated, absurd greuel legends.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”