Holocaust denial on Skeptics Society Forum

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Kageki

Holocaust denial on Skeptics Society Forum

Postby Kageki » 1 decade 2 years ago (Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:01 pm)

Some of you maybe aware of this, but since I didn't find anything here after a quick search I thought it was worth mentioning considering this is the grand daddy of revisionist forums:

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewforum.php?f=39

An entire section has now been devoted to "holocaust denial". I think it's interesting to see that true skeptics would come to the same conclusion as revisionists and I always feel that sharing information is a good thing.

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 2 years ago (Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:43 am)

I think calling the section Holocaust Denial shows there's a built-in hostility toward the idea.

Coder62

Postby Coder62 » 1 decade 2 years ago (Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:40 am)

PotPie wrote:I think calling the section Holocaust Denial shows there's a built-in hostility toward the idea.

At the bottom it does state, "Holocaust revisionism", seems they are trying to cover all bases.

Coder62.

jnovitz
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby jnovitz » 1 decade 2 years ago (Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:19 pm)

I spent some on there once.

I had an interesting discussion regarding a chair made of Jewish human bones that Martin Bormann's son claimed to have seen in Himmler's attic.

That seemed to me an extraordinary claim - it did not seem so to the self-proclaimed sceptics.

Its hard to think of a more gullible bunch.

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b7c3ad4629f.htm

"In 1971 Bormann was involved in a serious car accident, one that he was extremely lucky to survive. He was told that he owed his life to a mechanic who had witnessed the accident from his workshop and managed to prise open the wreck of the Opel with a crowbar, far enough for him to be pulled clear.

Ironically, the mechanic had once known Bormann Jr when he was an 11-year-old boy. He had for several years been chauffeur to Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler, and had more than once driven Martin and two of his sisters to Himmler's house on the Tegernsee for coffee mornings organised by the mothers. Himmler's name and home have a particularly grisly significance for Bormann Jr. About a year before the end of the war, he and his sisters were at the house at the Tegernsee on a visit with their mother. Suddenly Himmler's secretary-cum-lover, Hedwig Potthast, said that she wanted to show them something very interesting: a personal collection of her boss's.

Taking them upstairs to the attic floor, she opened a room. Inside stood tables and chairs made from human body parts. One of the chair seats was made of a carved and polished pelvic girdle, another had legs made from human legs, complete with human feet.

Then Potthast showed them a copy of Mein Kampf bound with skin from a human back. Bormann remembers, as if it were yesterday, how clinically it was all explained. And how shocked and petrified he and his sisters he had been and how, once they were outside, their equally stricken mother tried to comfort them by telling them that Himmler had wanted to send their father one of his specially bound copies of Mein Kampf and that, horrified, he had refused it. "

Sceptics, huh?

Bankdraft

Postby Bankdraft » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:57 pm)

I used to post there too but the HC bunch stunk the place up so bad with personal attacks that they routinely closed it to try and fine tune the discussion rules but it didn't do any good. Things usually ended up in a shouting match. It appears to have improved.

For whatever reason, they have decided to reopen and it looks like it's going to stay open. Not a bad site, I visited it recently and there is some good stuff there.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”