Why the Allies didn't bomb Auschwitz.

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Why the Allies didn't bomb Auschwitz.

Postby Hektor » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:45 am)

JERUSALEM — President George W. Bush, on an emotional tour of Israel's Holocaust memorial, stopped in front of an aerial photo of Auschwitz on Friday and told his secretary of state that the U.S. should have bombed the death camp to stop the extermination of Jews there, the memorial's chairman said.

It was a rare acknowledgment from a U.S. leader on an issue that has stirred deep controversy for decades.
....The Allies had detailed reports about Auschwitz during the war from Polish partisans and escaped prisoners. But they chose not to bomb the camp, the rail lines leading to it, or any of the other Nazi death camps, preferring instead to focus all resources on the broader ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,321932,00.html
Perhaps the Allies knew that these reports by partisans and allegedly escaped Prisoners were just propaganda... We can be damned sure they had agents at those places and pretty good intelligence on them. Especially Auschwitz.

There is also a wikipedia article on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschwitz_bombing_debate
Please discuss any new contributions first on the proper page.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:54 am)

JERUSALEM — President George W. Bush, on an emotional tour of Israel's Holocaust memorial, stopped in front of an aerial photo of Auschwitz on Friday and told his secretary of state that the U.S. should have bombed the death camp to stop the extermination of Jews there, the memorial's chairman said.

It was a rare acknowledgment from a U.S. leader on an issue that has stirred deep controversy for decades.
....The Allies had detailed reports about Auschwitz during the war from Polish partisans and escaped prisoners. But they chose not to bomb the camp, the rail lines leading to it, or any of the other Nazi death camps, preferring instead to focus all resources on the broader ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,321932,00.html

Utter rubbish, see:

'Why Wasn't Auschwitz Bombed?
Did Missing 1944 Military Studies Conclude Auschwitz-Birkenau Not Death Camp?'
http://www.air-photo.com/english/reasons.html
excerpt:
In 1944 the Americans and British had the ability to pin-point bomb the Birkenau cremation buildings or rail-lines leading to camp, but after military studies of air photos and spy reports concluded that inmates were not being executed, no American or British leader ordered bombing of Birkenau because they believed executions were not occurring.

bombs over Auschwitz:
September 13th. 1944: Ten bombs destined for the Monowitz Industrial Complex were dropped over the Birkenau cremation buildings (5 km to the west of Monowitz).

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

theTRUTH
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby theTRUTH » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:07 pm)

Bush's quotes should get people around the world wondering and debating with their friends about why the Allies did not bomb the plainly visible rail-lines and bridges.
Last edited by theTRUTH on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Israel must invent dangers, and to do this it must adopt the methods of provocation..." Moshe Sharett, Israeli's Foreign Minister ('48-'54), & Prime Minister ('54-'56).

theTRUTH
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby theTRUTH » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:12 pm)

14 August 1944
Dear Mr. Kuboeitski:

I refer to your letter of August 9, in which you request consideration of a proposal made by Mr. Ernest Frischer that certain installations and railroad centers be bombed.

The War Department has been approached by the War Refugee Board, which raised the question of the practicality of this suggestion. After a study it became apparent that such an operation could be executed only by the diversion of considerable air support....

Sincerely
John J. McCloy (Signed)
Assistant Secretary of War

This study conveniently disappeared after the war because it showed that the Allied military conducted a comprehensive investigation into the rumoured "mass murders" that included viewing air photos of Auschwitz and other camps, reviewing interview summaries from spies and released inmates, and probably even talking with German political leaders in places like Switzerland, and the study concluded there was no evidence inmates were being mistreated or murdered, and therefore the rail-bridges, rail-lines, and large cremation buildings should not be bombed.
"Israel must invent dangers, and to do this it must adopt the methods of provocation..." Moshe Sharett, Israeli's Foreign Minister ('48-'54), & Prime Minister ('54-'56).

Kageki

Postby Kageki » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:41 pm)

theTRUTH wrote:Bush's quotes should get people around the world wondering and debating with their friends about why the Allies did not bomb the plainly visible rail-lines and bridges.

I was going to say that Bush unwittingly dug a hole for the Holocaust believers by making this statement. It's a victory to just get people to "think" for once. I can't wait to see if any discussions about this occurs in the media. It could be interesting...

Coder62

Postby Coder62 » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:17 pm)

Kageki wrote:
theTRUTH wrote:Bush's quotes should get people around the world wondering and debating with their friends about why the Allies did not bomb the plainly visible rail-lines and bridges.

I was going to say that Bush unwittingly dug a hole for the Holocaust believers by making this statement. It's a victory to just get people to "think" for once. I can't wait to see if any discussions about this occurs in the media. It could be interesting...

I doubt it, the majority will read the report and move on, sad as it is most people, more so in the U.S would rather not have their views tested and have to actually think that there may be more to something than they thought.
This is no offence to anyone, just what my experience in dealing with people has taught me, that said heres to hoping someone opens their eyes and looks for non existant smoke and wonders.

Coder62.

bridgebuilder

Postby bridgebuilder » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:36 pm)

One of the better books on this subject is "The Myth of Rescue" by Bill Rubenstein. Rubenstein accepts a Holocaust of sorts, but is emphatic that Auschwitz bombing was neither militarily feasible nor recommended even by Jewish organisations. Whether or not the Holocausst is accepted to have occurred, Rubenstein's arguments on the last two points convinced me. (Rubenstein is Jewish, obviously.)

The poinjt is that if precision pin point bombing was not militarily feasible, the question "Why didn't the allies do it?" doesn't arise. Imagine the response from the Why-not people today had mis-targetted bombs inadvertently killed thousands of Jewish prisoners!

Kiwichap
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kiwichap » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:11 am)

Imagine the response from the Why-not people today had mis-targetted bombs inadvertently killed thousands of Jewish prisoners!

I think they might be happy about it. Some sort of evidence, any sort of evidence, of Jews being killed should be welcome by the Jewish community about now, because Holocaust Denial's UP!
There was no holocaust.

Tit 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

Barrington James
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Barrington James » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:18 pm)

I demand an investigatin into Auschwitz. There has been a huge cover-up.

I think Bush might have stumbled upon the biggest cover-up of the war. What does he know that FDR, Churchill, De Gaulle, The Pope, The King and Queen of England, Stalin, Eisenhower and other such closet anti-semitics must have known and covered-up? And they can't claim that they didn't know everything going on in all the camps.

The Pope knew everything going on because of his spy network of priests who listened to the confessions of millions of Nazis and Poles, Stalin had a vast network of communist spies all through Europe, the British had broken the German code and knew everything about Auschwitz and the French and Americans all knew all much too. No denying it.

Small wonder they killed off Himmler so fast. I demand an investigation into the fiendish behavior of all of these people. Bush must know something, for he wouldn't said what he did without some facts that we all should know about. Let's expose all these people.
You can fool too many of the people most of the time.

theTRUTH
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby theTRUTH » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:18 pm)

The Allies didn't need to bomb the Cremation buildings or anything else in the camps with the dange of killing people; all they needed was to pin-point or mid-level bomb the rail bridges and rail tracks, which they didn't do as shown by the air photos.

Kiwichap
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kiwichap » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:32 pm)

Bush: We should have bombed Auschwitz

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/arti ... article.do
Upon viewing an aerial shot of Auschwitz, taken during the war by U.S. forces, Bush called the ruling not to bomb it "complex." He then called over Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to discuss President Franklin Delano Roosevelt's decision, clearly pondering the options before rendering an opinion of his own, Shalev said.

"We should have bombed it," Bush said, according to Shalev.

Tom Segev, a leading Israeli scholar of the Holocaust, said the Bush comment, which appeared spontaneous, marked the first time an American president had made this acknowledgment.

"It is clear now that the U.S. knew a lot about it," he said. "It's possible that bombing at least the railway to the camps may have saved the lives of the Jews of Hungary. They were the very last ones who were sent to Auschwitz at a time when everybody knew what was going on."

Bush acknowledges Americans are guilty of not stopping the hoax. Uh Oh, I see a $hake-down of the US coming, along the lines of $witzerland?
There was no holocaust.

Tit 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

Coder62

Postby Coder62 » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:35 pm)

Between 1.1 million and 1.5 million people were murdered at the infamous camp in Poland.

They should add, "In gas chambers with no Zyklon-B residue and doors which opened inwards"

I think its also important to note that this could be seen as the Zionist's newest ploy of pushing the U.S into guilt over the Holocaust.

- Coder62

Kageki

Postby Kageki » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:37 pm)

Kiwichap wrote:Bush acknowledges Americans are guilty of not stopping the hoax. Uh Oh, I see a $hake-down of the US coming, along the lines of $witzerland?

I say let them because I think it will come back to bite them. Bush said it was "complex" meaning further elaboration and discussion is needed. A discussion is a good thing and a victory for revisionists. I think even the gullible portion of Americans would not be so keen on handing out reparations and either way discussing this particular issue will open a doorway for discussing the Holocaust in general which is what has been so sorely lacking.

Their own hubris will be their downfall as the wise Greeks once said.

Barrington James
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Barrington James » 1 decade 1 year ago (Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:16 pm)

OK so the Allies didn't believe that the internees were being gassed and so on, but wasn't Auschwitz a huge factory for making synthetic oil, rubber etc. ? That being the case, why wouldn't the Allies bomb it for that reason? Was it too far from England? Was it because the Russians were in charge of the Eastern front? Why?
You can fool too many of the people most of the time.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 1 year ago (Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:19 pm)

Barrington James wrote:OK so the Allies didn't believe that the internees were being gassed and so on, but wasn't Auschwitz a huge factory for making synthetic oil, rubber etc. ? That being the case, why wouldn't the Allies bomb it for that reason? Was it too far from England? Was it because the Russians were in charge of the Eastern front? Why?

They did bomb it for that reason.

- Hannover

If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”