What was said in 1945 vs what is said now.

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Bankdraft

What was said in 1945 vs what is said now.

Postby Bankdraft » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:56 pm)

Interesting 1945 documentary:

http://www.moviesfoundonline.com/nazi_c ... _camps.php

According to the Internet Movie Database, the plot outline is: Produced and presented as evidence at the Nuremberg war crimes trial of Hermann Göring and twenty other Nazi leaders

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247568/

The full movie description is:

This film is the official documentary report compiled from over 80,000 feet of film shot by Allied military photographers in the German concentration camps immediately after liberation. The footage is a camp-by-camp record taken in order to provide lasting objective proof of the horrors the liberators witnessed. Some emphasis is also placed on the humanitarian work done in the camps by the liberators. Remarkably, the narration refers to the camp victims according to their country of origin only, and no mention of Jews is made.

Written by National Center for Jewish Film

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247568/plotsummary

This film is obviously meant to prejudicial (for example, it includes skin-lampshades and shrunken-heads) and was to be used as evidence at Nuremberg, but still pales in comparison to today’s holocaust.

Obviously not pleasant but we still have quite a ways to go to get to 6M.

B

Coder62

Postby Coder62 » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:19 pm)

I find it odd that they would highlight in the movie description that no mention of Jews were made during the film, believers seeing that for the first time will hopefully call attention to it.

Coder62.

Bankdraft

Postby Bankdraft » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:06 am)

Yeah, I was surprised too. I was expecting "Jew this and Jew that" but the Jews were hardly even mentioned.

Of course these were the U.S. liberated camps so the believers will say that what the Russians discovered was much worse... and we all know how fond the Russian were of the Germans immediately following the war so they would never embellish their findings.

For example the 4M figure at Auschwitz was a Russian supplied number. When I mentioned that to the believers, they told me it was... an overestimation.

What's the number down to now?

Coder62

Postby Coder62 » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:02 am)

Bankdraft wrote:Yeah, I was surprised too. I was expecting "Jew this and Jew that" but the Jews were hardly even mentioned.

Of course these were the U.S. liberated camps so the believers will say that what the Russians discovered was much worse... and we all know how fond the Russian were of the Germans immediately following the war so they would never embellish their findings.

For example the 4M figure at Auschwitz was a Russian supplied number. When I mentioned that to the believers, they told me it was... an overestimation.

What's the number down to now?

Yes the figure was given by, "eye witnesses" which is why the common phrase, "where did the six million go, did they just disappear?" is not valid.
The last drop in the figure I heard is this,

135,000 to 140,000

Source: This is an estimate based on documents held by the International Tracing Service of the Red Cross. It is known that International Tracing Service has a complete set of registration documents. This is thought to include a complete set of roll-call data which includes twice daily tallies of those who died. Although the International Tracing Service of the Red Cross has such records, they have never officially published an accurate count of those who died, or even an accurate report as to exactly which documents they hold. However, totals from these records have been obtained by various interested parties.

I personally place the figure of those killed by Nazi's in, cold blood at a much lower figure.

- Coder62

bridgebuilder

Postby bridgebuilder » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:42 am)

Coder62 writes that while the International Tracing Service of the Red Cross figures allow us to conclude that the Nazis killed 135,000 to 140,000
in cold blood that he would "personally place the figure of those killed by Nazi's in, cold blood at a much lower figure".

The question that has to be asked of American readers again and again is this: Did the Nazis kill ANYONE in cold blood at all? This, of course, does not include partisans legitimately shot nor partisan hostages who worked in furtherance of the killing of German authorities despite the surrender of their governments to German forces. (Once one's government surrenders, then partisan activity becomes criminal and is no longer covered by the rules of war.) The question then, is not whether the Nuremberg lies (shrunken heads, tattooed human skin lampshades etc.) should be given any credence, but whether ANY evidence presented at Nuremberg should be given any credence. That is to say, the number of those killed by the Nazis (by Germans acting in accord with government directions) in cold blood might actually be ZERO

Certainly the Soviet judge knowingly tried to place his own country's Katyn murders on the heads of innocent German soldiers. These ones and the other German soldiers hanged in Kiev over Katyn were martyred innocents, but were any of the OTHER indicted Germans actually guilty? Certainly ZERO is a much lower number than 135,000 to 140,000. Coder62's generous admission that in his opinion the number was less than 135,000 to 140,000 carries the implication that the actual number was greater than 0 and so that some small number of the Nuremberg victims really were gulity after all. But the only safe judgement on Nuremberg is that the allegations are currently NOT PROVEN. What IS proven, however, is that at least one of the judges was a reprsentative of a genuinely mass-murdering, genocidal government who was personally complicit in fraud over the mass-murder at Katyn.

Here is what is so slow to dawn on people and so hard to swllow for English speaking nations: the righteous cause in the Second World War might have been that of the Germans. Think about it till it burns in the craw.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”