Mark Turley petitions German govt. to end Thought Crime law

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!

Mark Turley petitions German govt. to end Thought Crime law

Postby Moderator » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:37 pm)

This was posted in another thread, but CODOH felt it warranted a thread of it's own. Thanks to the UK's Mark Turley: http://www.markturley.com

Moderator 1

http://www.petitiononline.com/hammer72/ ... -sign.html?
text of petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/hammer72/petition.html

To: The German Legislator's petition committee

We, the undersigned, believe that is immoral to enshrine History in law.

The German State's reaction to those who wish to provide an alternative narrative for what has become known as the 'Holocaust' is a horrendous misuse of the principles of jurisprudence. The custodial sentences given to Ernst Zuendel, Germar Rudolf, Sylvia Stolz and others are a clear demonstration that nothing has been learned from the past. It is our firm belief that their sentences should be revoked and the law of Germany changed to reflect a real acceptance of the principles of free speech and the marketplace of ideas.

In 'On Liberty' (1859), the British philosopher John Stuart Mill wrote,

"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."

It is a sorry reflection on the German state that it deems it necessary to imprison individuals for nothing more than expressing sincere beliefs. Ironically, it is evocative of the fascism that they so desire to distance themselves from. It is a sign of weakness, of fear and shallow character.
We condemn it utterly.

We believe the time has come for Germany to show some courage. Sixty years of guilt, fear and shame have not allowed the nation to come to terms with its past. The time has come for a 'Realgeschichte' in which truth may be reached through competing narratives. To be afraid of this is to be afraid of the basis of all human knowledge.

Deutschland, wir glauben an Sie.

Sincerely,

Last edited by Moderator on Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Coder62

Postby Coder62 » 1 decade 1 year ago (Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:51 am)

Consider it signed, I will spread this.

- Coder62
"They must find it difficult...Those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority." - Gerald Massey

MarkTurley

Postby MarkTurley » 1 decade 1 year ago (Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:50 pm)

thanks for the support. However I would like to stress that if you're going to sign you really need to do so with your actual name. I can't present a petition full of internet tags to the Bundestag.

thanks

Mark

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:52 pm)

MarkTurley wrote:thanks for the support. However I would like to stress that if you're going to sign you really need to do so with your actual name. I can't present a petition full of internet tags to the Bundestag.

thanks

Mark

I can't put my real name on something that is viewable by the general public.

MarkTurley

Postby MarkTurley » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:56 am)

I know its difficult for some people, Potpie, but I don't see how else it can work.

I would point out that the petition does not advocate any particular political position or opinion on the Holocaust. Its just about freedom of speech. It has already been signed by many people who have no particular interest in revisionism.
I don't think anyone could get into any trouble for signing it. But its your call.

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:19 pm)

I don't have a problem with my name on a document that would be presented in Germany, its having it displayed on the internet for everyone to behold.

MarkTurley

Postby MarkTurley » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:56 am)

Well, if it would help, perhaps you could sign as Potpie and PM me your real name. Then if and when I get to the stage of presenting the petition, at least I will have a record of it.

I'll understand if you don't want to though. Its still your call.

Unfortunately there are probably about 20 or 30 signatures on there so far which are obvious pseudonyms and as I don't know the person's name will eventually have to be deleted.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”