Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Current Office: US Senate
1. McCain was co-sponsor of [109th] S. RES. 245: Title: A resolution recognizing the life and accomplishments of Simon Wiesenthal.
Sponsor: Sen Schumer, Charles E. [NY] (introduced 9/21/2005)
Latest Major Action: 9/21/2005 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed to without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.
2. McCain was co-sponsor of [109th] S.RES.521: Title: A resolution commending the people of Albania on the 61st anniversary of the liberation of the Jews from the Nazi death camps, for protecting and saving the lives of all Jews who lived in Albania, or sought asylum there during the Holocaust.
Sponsor: Sen. Schumer, Charles E. [NY] (introduced 6/27/2006)
Latest Major Action: 6/27/2006 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations.
3. McCain was the sponsor of [109th] S.RES.436: Title: A resolution urging the Federation Internationale de Football Association to prevent persons or groups representing the Islamic Republic of Iran from participating in sanctioned soccer matches.
Latest Major Action: 4/6/2006 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations.
Note: This one requires explanation. What does a resolution to not allow Iran play soccer (football) have to do with the Holocaust? One must read the actual bill sponsored by this presidential candidate to understand. Here is an excerpt from the actual bill:
Whereas an estimated 6,000,000 Jews were killed in the Nazi Holocaust;
Whereas President Ahmadinejad has denied the existence of the Holocaust on numerous occasions, including--
(1) on December 8, 2005, when at an Islamic conference in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, he declared that `Some European countries insist on saying that Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews in furnaces . . . although we don't accept this claim'; and
(2) on December 14, 2005, when on Iranian television, he remarked that `They have invented a myth that Jews were massacred and place this above God, religions and the prophets';
Whereas it is a crime in the Federal Republic of Germany to deny the existence of the Holocaust;
Whereas on June 9, 2006, the Federation Internationale de Football Association (referred to in this preamble as `FIFA') World Cup soccer tournament is scheduled to begin in the Federal Republic of Germany;
Whereas the Islamic Republic of Iran is a member of FIFA, and the Iranian national team is scheduled to play its opening match on June 11, 2006, in Nuremberg, Germany, which was the site of war crimes tribunals that tried Nazi leaders for atrocities and genocide against Jews during the Holocaust;
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests