A very simple question

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
inmortals88

A very simple question

Postby inmortals88 » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:25 pm)

When talking about the Holocaust it seems that common people have Hollywood-style answers for all revisionist arguments, but the question they find most difficult to answer is the most simple one "why gas chambers instead of simple shootings or bombing a la Dresden over the ghettos?"

Does anyone know about an official exterminationist answer to this question?

KostasL
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby KostasL » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:19 pm)

inmortals88 wrote:When talking about the Holocaust it seems that common people have Hollywood-style answers for all revisionist arguments, but the question they find most difficult to answer is the most simple one "why gas chambers instead of simple shootings or bombing a la Dresden over the ghettos?"

Does anyone know about an official exterminationist answer to this question?

First of all, i believe that this is not the most difficult question to answer.
There are too many questions that holocaust believers cannot simply answer.

"Why gas chambers instead of simple shootings or bombing a la Dresden over the ghettos?"
All kind of lies have been said about extermination means and methods.
Simply, the gas chambers was a more convenient lie than others. For more than one reasons...

Barrington James
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Barrington James » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:56 pm)

Why gassing?

I believe the gassing story grew out of the fact that the Nazis knew how to control the bugs that spread the disease Typhus: showering the internees up to three times a day. The mosquito, for example, spreads malaria with its bite. This is the way most disease spreading bugs do their dirty work. However the Nazis knew that it is not the bite of the typhus lice that spreads typhus. The disease typhus is actually in the dirt that the bug leaves on the skin of its victim. Thus when the victim scratches his bite, he often pushes the disease into his own wound and becomes sick. Therefore the Nazism tried to control the disease by forcing the internees to shower several times a day. So the showers were for real.

Of course everything fell apart when the camps became overcrowded and basic sanitation became impossible. Then the other notorious camp diseases such as dysentery took over and the rest is history.

Moreover, I doubt if very many Eastern Europeans had ever taken a shower in their life before entering a camp and they certainly would know little if anything about Typhus. Consequently they looked upon showers with great suspicion, especially when they bombarded with communist, British and Zionist propaganda about this method of killing of Jews.

After the war the Jews had dozens of stories of how they were killed, however, the gassing story had an element of mystery and truth about it and it became the best myth of the war, for, in truth, they had been forced to shower (recall Eli Weisel complained about showering, not gassing, in his first book). Anyway most of the other silly killing myths were quietly dropped after the war. Despite the fact that American pathologist’s determined immediately after the war there had been no gassing in all of Germany, their conclusions were smothered to such an extent that most people do not know this truth to this day.
You can fool too many of the people most of the time.

jemand

Postby jemand » 1 decade 1 year ago (Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:32 am)

In a post on another forum, a Holocaust proponent wrote that shooting was too hard on the shooting squads, psychologically speaking, so they came up with the gas chambers and gas vans to make it less personal.
However, I don't know how the supposed mass shootings (Babi Jar, etc.) fit into this. It also doesn't explain why the Nazis didn't choose a less cumbersome method of mass murder, such as starvation.
I guess you would have to ask someone who believes in the story.

inmortals88

Postby inmortals88 » 1 decade 1 year ago (Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:22 am)

jemand wrote: shooting was too hard on the shooting squads, psychologically speaking, so they came up with the gas chambers and gas vans to make it less personal.

I guess that's the only explanation so far, but shooting squads don't have to be larger in number than the gassing squads and gassing (conducting people to the chamber, opening the gas, taking out the corpses one by one, transporting them to a dig... and all that wearing masks) seems to be like a much more psychological stressing job than the simple, fast, well known and economical mass shooting. That is the way it has been done in history and at present for genocides. Why did they change this? For what reason?

As you say I'll have to ask the holocausters, but first I wanted to know the opinion here as I havent see this common sense issue comming up in debates. Maybe to simple argument? but it seems very strong to me and does not require you to be an expert.

Barrington James
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Barrington James » 1 decade 1 year ago (Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:10 am)

Starving? How on earth would one go about starving 2,000 people an hour, up to 20,000 a day, or at least 100, 000 people a week, in a camp? These are the numbers of victims the Zionists claimed were gassed in the major Nazi camps, but seriously, can you just imagine the camp riots that would have happened after just a day or two of starvation? Can you even imagine the riots that would have occurred if there had been gassing, but that's another story?

It would have been much easier to fool that many people an hour, a day, a week by, fake showers or some other mythical plan, than to try to kill them slowly by starvation, and we all know how impossible that has proven to be.

The communists had no trouble finding people to put a bullet in the back of the heads of the Polish intellectuals and army officers in the Katyn Forest, nor did they have trouble finding people to kill untold millions of Kulaks in this manner when they destroyed millions of people during the Jewish led communist revolution so, with all due respect to the Nazis, I am sure they could have killed the Jews in this way if they had really wanted to do so.

The fact is the Nazis had no intention of killing Jews, and, as a matter of fact, they had gone to great lengths to protect the internees from disease. It is ironic that two of their methods of protection, gassing and showering, have been twisted and used against them all these years.
You can fool too many of the people most of the time.

Postby Moderator » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:21 pm)

dave.g

Posts of inflammatory, generalized text which simply make claims is not what this forum is about. We discuss specifics. If you have what you think is evidence for a specific position, then great, post your specific evidence and we will certainly discuss it. We welcome your posting here. Please read our stated guidelines. Thanks.

Moderator1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”