Faurisson and me - right of reply

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Percy

Faurisson and me - right of reply

Postby Percy » 1 decade 2 years ago (Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:35 am)

Three years ago, Faurisson accused me of "dishonesty" ( http://www.adelaideinstitute.org/Dissen ... _may09.htm ).
Some weeks ago, Fredrick Toben asked me to write a reply. I wrote it but then, in the following weeks, he didn't publish it anymore.

Here is my reply:
ABOUT MY ALLEGED “DISHONESTY”

Andrea Carancini

In the spring of 2005 i translated in italian an article by professor Robert Faurisson (available at the following link: http://www.vho.org/tr/2004/1/Faurisson78-82.html ). When i finished the translation i send it to the author for his approval.
But prof. Faurisson wasn’t satisfied with the thing.
He blamed me for not having informed him before i began the translation.
Then he told me he would have corrected the text.
When he returned it to me for the publication i realised that my translation was disappeared, replaced from another one entirely new, made by another tranlator.
Furthermore, the new translator behaved in a very unfair manner towards me, saying the my work was “bad” (it was not true).
Please note that my translation was made for free while the new one was paid by Faurisson.
At that point, considering the treatment quite humiliating, i decided to publish my translation anyway, on the AAARGH site.
(Please note another thing: in the last years i made several translations of revisionist texts from the english language, many of which i published on the VHO italian section: http://ita.vho.org/LIBRI.htm . Revisionist author Jürgen Graf told me that my translations of his lectures were “excellent”.)
Faurisson reacted with anger, saying he caught me “red handed in my dishonesty”, but without explaining where the alleged dishonesty lay (http://www.adelaideinstitute.org/Dissen ... _may09.htm ).
In this regard i cannot agree with him: maybe my reaction was excessive but not “dishonest”.
Anyway last year Faurisson came in Italy, invited by another professor: Claudio Moffa.
After his missed lecture in Teramo, Faurisson came also here at my home, invited by me and by my family.
He was a welcome visitor and we spent some pleasant hours.
For not disturbing the peace found again, i decided not to traslate the Faurisson’s texts anymore.
But this could be an exception, not the rule (due to the distinguished role of Faurisson in the history of revisionism): i run a revisionist blog ( http://andreacarancini.blogspot.com ) and i simple cannot ask the permission for all the translations i make.
Regards,

Andrea Carancini

MrNobody
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby MrNobody » 1 decade 2 years ago (Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:54 pm)

Percy wrote:Some weeks ago, Fredrick Toben asked me to write a reply. I wrote it but then, in the following weeks, he didn't publish it anymore.

http://www.adelaideinstitute.org/

Please be advised that owing to a legal dispute with Australia's powerful-hyperactive Jewish lobby, Executive Council of Australian Jewry, and its former president, Mr Jeremy Jones, all new material placed on the website will be submitted to court for clarification purposes. F Töben, 28.03.2008.
Wir brauchen eine Bewegung, die Deutschland endlich aus der Kontrolle der Kräfte von Versailles und Jalta befreit, die uns schon ein ganzes Jahrhundert lang von einer Kastastrophe in die andere stürzt.

Helga Zepp-LaRouche.

Vlad

Postby Vlad » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:16 am)

One should always translate the original text, not another translation. Maybe that's why Faurisson was dissatisfied with the result. However, no French version seems to be available on the AAARGH website.

Percy

Postby Percy » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:59 am)

Faurisson is bilingual (his mother was scottish).

Vlad

Postby Vlad » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:02 pm)

Yes, he's half-Scots, but language proficiency is not a matter of inheritance. Faurisson's spoken English is good by French standards, yet far from perfect. His French, by contrast, is as exquisite as may be expected from a Maître de conférences.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 2 years ago (Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:06 am)

Vlad wrote:One should always translate the original text, not another translation. Maybe that's why Faurisson was dissatisfied with the result. However, no French version seems to be available on the AAARGH website.

Yes given that Faurisson is a scholar of literature (I actual found his books on Rimbaud, Lautreamont and Nerval gathering dust at my local research library last week) that may indeed be the crux. Cf. the famous remarks on "translations of translations" made by Poul de Man.

Percy

Postby Percy » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:31 pm)

there is not a "french version" of it. anyway, the above reason is not the real one for the faurisson's attitude. the real reason is the unfair behavior towards me of his female translator.
i claim the quality of my work (which was appreciated by the aaargh webmaster).
ciao.

Vlad

Postby Vlad » 1 decade 2 years ago (Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:39 pm)

In his reponse to Faurisson's review of KL Majdanek. Eine historische und technische Studie, Carlo Mattogno wrote:
Faurisson vi confonde il piano argomentativo con quello personale [...]

He was right.

Percy

Postby Percy » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:30 am)

He was right...and you are wrong. :P

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”