An idea - CODOH award for teacher of the year

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Greg Gerdes
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Greg Gerdes » 1 decade 9 months ago (Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:02 pm)

First things first - Do you "teach" in the U.S.?

Barrington James
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Barrington James » 1 decade 9 months ago (Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:57 pm)

Nope Canadian...but I live less than half a mile from the US border and most of my neighbours are Yanks...some are teachers...like me...nice folks...extremely outgoing and friendly ...bring me the books I order from the USA...( I have to laugh at the so called border security... postage is far less in the US) ...The last few years have been tough on them...thought they ruled the world and needed to...Bush has been a big shock...never suspected Clinton , Carter ..Reagan ...FDR were just as bad...BJ
You can fool too many of the people most of the time.

Greg Gerdes
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Greg Gerdes » 1 decade 9 months ago (Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:28 pm)

If you're Canuk, then I cannot judge youre actions, for I have no personal experience about the conditions that you are forced to live under.

But to answer your question:

"And how is the average brain-washed, God fearing teacher who has been bombarded with nonsense from university, the media, Hollywood, the press, the pulpit, his parents, teachers and friends since his earliest days supposed to learn this truth?"

Same way all of us here learned it.

"...So to expect a young teacher to suddenly realize the truth and start preaching it is asking a bit too much."

I never said that I expected a young teacher to "suddenly realize the truth." Where did you get that?

"...I think you fail to understand the just how good a job the Zionists and the Allied propagandists have done and continue to do."

I disagree. I think I understand better than most. That is why I believe it is so important to counter the propaganda at the earliest possible time. And the reason for this thread, is to try to do something about it.

Let me repeat what was written earlier:

Greg Gerdes:

"I believe that we need to recognize those teachers with the intelligence, courage, integrity and character who teach the truth about the hoax in their classrooms."

Bradley Smith:

"This is a fine idea. The catch is that I do not know of one professor who allows an open discussion of the Holocaust, referencing revisionist documents, on any campus in America."

Isn't that a sad indication of the lack of character that one finds in our government indoctrination centers? (And our country as a whole?)

But I have hope!

I believe, if we look, we can find one.

Bradley Smith:

"This is a fine idea. The catch is that I do not know of one professor who allows an open discussion of the Holocaust, referencing revisionist documents, on any campus in America. If you have a few such names, I would like to see them."

That is EXACTLY what I was worried about when posting this thread - that there would be no worthy candidates to nominate.

However, if that is the case, then we have identified a major problem. (Not that everybody here didn't already know that this was a major problem.)

But even though there may be no worthy candidate that comes immediately to mind, I still think putting that carrot out there is a great idea. And it would be most advantageous to find a teacher in California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York or Washington - which have state laws mandating holocaust education, stand up and say - "I will not lie to these children anymore."

Surely there is at least one teacher who, if not already teaching at least some truth about this hoax to his students, knows the truth and is willing to stand tall and start doing what is right. (I know - I know, finding a "teacher" who has a pair is about as common as a unicorn sighting, but I'm trying to be optimistic here.) And if not, having that carrot out there might be all that is necessary to give him / her the motivation to "come out of the closet" so-to-speak and start teaching the truth.

If not, then our task is to start at the bottom. Offer scholarships to students who pledge to go into education and teach the truth about the hoax in our schools. I know that this might seen too long term an approach for some, but it is a very simple approach - in theory anyway - that needs to be done.

And it need not be expensive. The scholarships need not be full rides. The idea of small scholarships given to winners of essay contests for education majors already in college could pay dividends in just a few short years. (I think something for librarians would be a good idea also.)

In Europe, the battleground is at the camps themselves. In America, the battleground is in our schools - and ultimately in the courts. We need parents who will stand up and DEMAND that their children not be lied to anymore. (The way to implement this is to first DEMAND that both sides of the issue be taught.)

If we can identify just one single community in this country that has parents with children in a school system who are sick and tired of having their children brainwashed and that also has a teacher willing to stand tall and start teaching the truth, then we can get our foot in the door.

It would be like our version of a Rosa Parks / back of the bus issue.

*Let me make this clear - I'm talking about the USA only!

NeilfromBris

Postby NeilfromBris » 1 decade 9 months ago (Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:02 am)

I think that the idea in general is sound but it also has to be recognized that there would be "difficulties" for any teacher who openly defied the much preached hogwash.

I do however think that it can be done in such a way so as not to bring down the wrath of the holocausters. As I see it the main problem isn't teaching "revisionism". Its getting the word out that there is a alternate view to what is taught now. I would imagine that if you were to take a poll of a group of say 15 year olds, most of them wouldn't know of the existance of sites like the one we are on. I didnt know about this site, or others like it until recently.

We don't need to actually teach what we know we just have to point them in the right direction and allow them to find the info for themselves. The info is all out there thanks to the internet. We just have to open the door and people will walk through by themselves.

So a possible scenario might go something like this:

Teacher walks in to class and says, today we learn about the holocaust and then details the "accepted" information. Then towards the end the teacher says, ok class now you know about the holocaust and you should also be aware that there are a group of people out their called revisionists or deniers who will tell you a different version of events. You shouldn't pay any attention to them.

That is all that would need to be done. A certain percentage of that class would be on the internet first chance they got and they could "discover" the truth for themselves. Look at it this way. When I was 15 my mother told me that smoking was bad and I shouldnt do it. Within 24 hours I had purchased my first pack.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 decade 9 months ago (Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:24 am)

NeilfromBris wrote: ...We dont need to actually teach what we know we just have to point them in the right direction and allow them to find the info for themselves. ...
Teacher walks in to class and says, today we learn about the holocaust and then details the "accepted" information. Then towards the end the teacher says, ok class now you know about the holocaust and you should also be aware that there are a group of people out their called revisionists or deniers who will tell you a different version of events. You shouldn't pay any attention to them.

That is all that would need to be done. ...
Don't forget to tell them that they had even an orchestra in Auschwitz to overtone the noise made by the gassing victims and to fool the prisoners.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_orche ... _Auschwitz

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”